ALLOCATION OF ZINC, MAGNESIUM AND COPPER IN GRANULOCYTES AND SERUM OF RABBITS WHILE INTRODUCTION OF SUBSTANCES THAT CHANGE THE FUNCTIONAL STATE OF ADRENAL CORTEX AND THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM
Zaporizhzhya National University
It was investigate the content of zinc, magnesium and copper in
granulocytes and blood serum of the rabbits, that were injected
with substances, that change the functional state of adrenal
cortex, sympathetic-adrenal and parasympathetic nervous
systems. It has been found that adrenaline, prednisolone and
pilocarpine caused the multidirectional changes of these metals
content in cells and in extracellular space. In this significant
increase of zinc concentration by 33 - 42%, magnesium – by
33 - 50%, and also decrease of copper content by 25–50% was
observed in granulocytes of animals after adrenal hormones
injections. Under the influence of cholinomimetics content of
zinc and magnesium were essential decreased in granulocytes
of the rabbits, by 58% and by 33% respectively, and content
of copper was risen by 43% (Р<0,001).
The opposite pattern was observed in serum. Adrenaline and
prednisolone prescription caused a significant decrease of
zinc concentration by 20–24%, magnesium – by 22–33%, and
increase of copper content by 36-43%. Pilocarpine injection
caused a decrease of zinc and magnesium content by 28 and
33 % (Р<0,01) respectively, and an increase of copper concentration
by 43% (Р<0,001). The obtained results also indicate a
synergistic relationship between zinc and magnesium in cells,
but antagonistic - these metals with copper.
adrenaline; prednisolone; pilocarpine; zinc; magnesium; copper; granulocytes; blood serum.
- Skalniy AV. Chemical elements in human physiology and ecology. Moscow: Onyx - 21 vek: Mir; 2004. [Russian].
- Chmylenko FO, Chmylenko TS, Sapa YS, Sayevych OV. Chemical elements and substances in the human body in health and in disease. Dnepropetrovsk: Publishing of Dnepropetrovsk University; 2006. [Ukrainian].
- Haase H, Maret W. Cellular and molecular Biology of metals. CRC Press. 2010; 10 (5): 181-212.
- Laires MJ, Monteiro CP, Bicho V. Role cellular magnesium in health and human disease. Front Biosci. 2004; 9: 262-76.
- Shin SJ, Lee HS, Kwon ST. Molecular characterization of a CDNA encoding copper/zinc superoxide dismutase. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2005; 43(1): 55-60.
- Tudor R, Zaleski PD, Ratnaike RN. Zinc in health and chronic disease. J Nutr Health Aging. 2005; 9(1): 45-51.
- Marushko YV, Marushko TV, Grischak TV. The role of magnesium deficiency in pediatric. Sovr pediatriya. 2009; 25(3): 41-5. [Ukrainian].
- Freitas М, Porto G, Lima JL. Zinc activates neutrophils' oxidative burst. Biometals. 2010; 23(1): 31-41.
- Tapiero H, Townsend DM, Tew KD. Trace elements in human physiology and pathology. Copper. Biomed Pharmacother. 2003; 32(1): 43-54.
- Uchida T, Itoh H, Nakamura Y. Zinc and magnesium ions synergistically inhibit superoxide generation by cultured human neutrophils a promising candidate formulation for amnioinfusion fluid. J Reprod Immunol. 2010; 85(2): 209-13.
- Wellinghausen N, Rink L. The significance of zinc for leukocyte biology. J Leukoc Biol. 1998; 64(5). 571-7.
- Rink L, Haase H. Zinc homeostasis and immunity. Trends Immunol. 2007; 28: 1-4.
- Mooren FC, Golf SW, Völker K. Effect of magnesium on granulocyte function and on the exercise induced inflammatory response. Magnes Res. 2003; 16(1): 49-58.
- Grigorova NV, Eshchenko YV, Bovt VD, Eshchenko VA, inventors; Zaporizhzhya National University, successor of right. Method of magnesium definition in blood granulocytes. Patent 27576 Ukrainian 200706133. 2007 12 november.
- Grigorova NV, Eshchenko YV, Bovt VD, Eshchenko VA, inventors; Zaporizhzhya National University, successor of right. Method of copper definition in blood granulocytes. Patent 25158 Ukrainian 200613382. 2007 10 may.
- Grigorova NV, Eshchenko YV, Bovt VD, Eshchenko VA, inventors; Zaporizhzhya National University, successor of right. Method of zinc definition in blood granulocytes. Patent 30461 Ukrainian 200712551. 2008 25 february.
- Makino T, Saito M, Horiguchi D. Definition of zinc in blood. Clinica Chimica Acta. 1982; 120: 127-35.
- Menshikov VV, Deliktorskaya LN, Zolotnitskaya RL. Laboratory investigations methods in clinica. Moscow: Medicina; 1983. [Russian].
- Thomas T. Clinical laboratory diagnosis. Frankfurt: Verlagsgesellschaft; 1998.
- Sokolovskiy VV. Histochemical investigations in toxicology. Leningrad: Medicina; 1971. [Russian].
- Hayhoe F, Quaglino D. Haematological cytochemistry. Moscow: Medicina; 1983. [Russian].
- Baraboy VA, Petrina LG. Metallothioneins: structure and action mechanisms. Ukr Biochem J. 2003; 5(4): 28-35. [Ukrainian].
- Maret W. Fluorescent probes for the structure and function of metallothionein. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2009; 877(28): 3378-83.
- Maret W. Metallothionein redox biology in the cytoprotective and cytotoxic functions of zinc. Exp Gerontol. 2008; 43: 363-9.
- Barashkov GK, Zaitzeva LI, Kondahchan MA, Konstantinova EA. Distribution of chemical elements in whole blood and plasma. Biomed Chemistry. 2011; 3(2): 9-14. [Ukrainian].
- Grigorova NV, Eshchenko YV, Karpov AK. Zinc content in blood granulocytes and B-insulocytes people and animals, other species under adrenaline, prednisolone and pilocarpine introduction. Visnik Zaporizh Nat Univer. Biolog Science. 2009; 1: 89-92. [Ukrainian].
- Eshchenko VA, Grigorova NV, Nizhnyak EA. Zinc and magnesium in neutrophils animals during the action of adrenaline, prednisolone and pilocarpine. Vital Question Biol, Ecol and Chemist. 2011; 3(2): 9-14. [Ukrainian].
- Grigorova NV. Comparative investigations contents of copper in blood granulocytes and zinc in B-insulocytes. The Materials IV Intern Scientific Praktic Conference "Dinamic of Investigations". 2008; 22: 71-2. [Ukrainian].
- Zorin SN. Experimental characteristic by essential microelements of organic complexes (zinc and selen). Microelem in Med. 2008; 9(1, 2): 16-7. [Russian].