Study of corvitin efficiency in primary glaucoma
Mykheĭtseva IM, Kashyntseva LT, Artemov OV, Khramenko NI
V.P. Filatov Institute of eye diseases and tissue therapy of NAMS of Ukraine, Odessa, Ukraine
There were concluded our results of animal experimental investigation and clinical observation of the quercetin-containing preparation corvitin (C) in primary glaucoma treatment. On the model of disease it is shown for rabbit, that introduction of 0.5 ml 2 % C as factious instillation into the eye a basely decreased eye blood fow was increased twice, mionectic at glaucoma eye hydrodynamics was normalized : the outfow of liquid increased on 58 %, infow - on 52 %, intraocular pressure went down on 14 %. Intravenous infowing of C brought down expressed of oxidative stress – МДА in blood is decreased on 40 %, level of endothelial dysfunction marker NO is increased on 70 %. On the model of glaucoma for rats C, entered protractedly, showed the neuroprotective actions on the neurons of retina, promoting survivability of ganglion cells, that it is shown on histological preparations. Application C in the clinic of glaucoma (intravenously a 0.5 g of preparation in 100 ml of solution) improved for patients a blood supply in the eye on 25 %, and also rendered a positive antioxidant and metabolic effect. Noted positive infuences of C concurrently to important pathogeneses factors such as regional eye blood supply, eye hydrodynamics, oxidative stress, metabolic changes, survival of retina neurons grounds to talk about new strategy of pathogenesis therapy of glaucoma.
glaucoma, corvitin, quercetin, eye blood supply,neuroprotection, oxidative stress, nitric oxide.
- Vinichuk SM, Prokopiv MM, Cherenko TM Search for new approaches to the treatment of acute ischemic stroke . Ukr.neurol. 2010. N 1. P.8-19.
- Kashintseva LT, Mikheitseva IN, Bezkorovaya IN, Kopp OP . The content of endothelin and nitric oxide in the blood plasma of animals in experimental glaucoma . Ophthalmol. 2003. N 4. P.87-90.
- Kashintseva LT, Mihaytseva IN, Kopp OP Adreno-calcium mechanisms of experimental glaucoma and their pharmacological correction . Sat. scientific research Their inst. Helmholtz. M., 1999. P.7-9.
- Kashintseva LT, Mikheitseva IN, Khramenko NI The biofavanoid drug Corvitin in the treatment of patients with primary open-angle glaucoma . Sat. scientific Article VII International. Conf .: Glaucoma: Theories, Trends, Technologies. M., 2009. P.243-247.
- Moibenko OO New technologies of cardioprotection . Physiol. . 2002. 48, N 4. P. 85-87.
- Maksyutina NP, Moibenko OO, Pilipchuk PB The method of obtaining corvitin. Patent No. 23996A, 1998.
- Mihaytseva IN Lipid peroxidation in experimental adrenaline glaucoma . Of-talmol. . 1989. N 7. P.426-428.
- Mihaytseva IN Corvitin efficiency in normalization of ocular blood supply and dynamics of intraocular fluid on a model of glaucoma . Odessa. honey. . 2010. N 3. P.9-12.
- Mikhaytseva IM Effect of quercetin bioflavanoid on ocular circulation and general condition of cardiovascular system of healthy animals . Ibid. 2009. N 6. P.25-27.
- Mikhaytseva IM A method of simulating chronic intraocular pressure in rats. Patent No. 38446, Reg. 12.01.2009 Bul. N 1.
- Mikhaytseva IM Method for modeling adrenaline-induced glaucoma in rabbits. Patent of Ukraine for utility model No. 61478 dated 25.07.2011, publ. 25.07.2011. Bul. N 14.
- Parkhomenko A., Irkin O., Kozhukhova S., Bryn J. Possibilities of pharmacological protection of myocardium in ischemia-reperfusion syndrome in experimental and clinical practice . Medicines of Ukraine. 2002. N 7-8. P.2-10.
- Haefiger I., Flammer J., Beny J. Endotelium-dependent vasoactive modulation of the ophthalmic circulationg . Prog. Retin Eye Res. 2001. 20. P.209-225.
- Flammer J., Orgul S., Costa V.P. The impact of ocular blood fow in glaucoma . Ibid. 2002. 21. P.359-393.
- Osborn N.N., Melena J., Chidlow G., Wood J.P.M. Hypothesis of vascular-metabolic cause of the death of ganglion cells in glaucoma: a possible for treatment . Brit. J. Ophthalmol. 2001. 85. P.1252-1259.
- Stefan C., Dumitrica D.M., Ardeleanu C. The future started: nitric oxide on glaucoma. Oftalmologia. 2007. 51, N 4. R.89-94.