The influence of autologous umbilical cord blood and donor blood on cytokine profile of newborns with transposition of great vessels
Tkachenko IaV, Vorobĭova HM, Zhovnir VA, Iemets' IM.
State University «Scientific-Pract. Medical Center of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine », Ukraine
We investigated the serum levels of proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines (TNF-a, IL-1b, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10) in newborns with transposition of the great arteries to whom during the defect correction the autologous umbilical cord blood and blood components were administered before the surgery and at the 1st, 3rd, 7th day after the surgery. We found that in the group of newborns to whom during the operation the blood components were used, the levels of pro-inflammatory interleukins were high before surgery and at the 1st, 3rd and 7th day after it, but IL-10 was reduced. During the postoperative period, the newborns of this group had imbalance in the system cytokine, accompanied by clinical complications such as hyperthermia and pulmonary complications. Newborns with transposition of the great arteries who had the surgery using the autologous cord blood, had no significant abnormalities in serum levels cytokine before the surgery. The 1st day after surgery there was an increase in both proinflammatory and antiinflammatory cytokines. Up to 7 days the levels of interleukin gradually decreased. Newborns in this group had no postoperative complications, had an adequate immune response to the operation.
cord blood, transposition of great vessels, TNF-a,IL-1B, IL-6, IL-8 IL-10.
- Beloklitskaya GF, Tsetsura NV, Vorobyova GM A method of evaluating the activity of the inflammatory process in generalized periodontitis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis . Pat. to the invention No. 47130 UA IPC A61B 5. 00. . publ. 11.05.10. Bul. N 9.
- Yemets IM, Vorobyova GM, Rudenko NM, Fedevych OM, Chakovsky KS, Tretyakova 1.A., Vasilenko LI, Tkachenko YV, Govseev O. .D., Makarenko MV Cytokine profile in complex heart defects in newborns . Yearbook of Sciences. of the Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of Ukraine. Cardiovascular surgery. K., 2010. 18. p. 175-179.
- Ketlinsky SA Modern aspects of the study of cytokines . Rus. J. Immunol. 1999. N 4 (Suppl. 1). P. 46-52.
- Knizhov GV, Bespalova OJ, Balannik ZT, Beregovy OA, Vorobyova GM A method of treating ischemic cardiomyopathy . Pat. on the utility model. No. 48050 . 10.03. 2010. Bul. N 5.
- Malikov IS Diagnostic aspects of acute pancreatitis . Pract. medicine. 2007. N 21. p. 45-48.
- Strunin OV, Sennikov SV, Knyazkova LG, Gorbaty YN, Munkin AV, Maslova YV, Poletaeva NV Cytokine profile in the correction of congenital heart defects in conditions of extracorporeal perfusion in children of the first year of life . Pathology of circulation and cardiac surgery. 2005. N 1. p. 49-52.
- Tabolin VA, Volodin NN, Degtyareva MV, Degtyarev DN, Bakhtikyan KK Topical issues of perinatal immunology . Int. J. Immuno-Rehabilitation. 1997. N 6. P. 112-122 ,.
- Tkachenko YV, Vorobyova AM, Fedevych OM, Chasovsky KS, Zhovnir VA, Sidorik LL, Yemets IM The efficiency of transfusion of autologous umbilical cord blood in neonatal cardiac surgery . Ukr. biochemical journal. 2010. 82. p. 177.
- Shishko GA, Krustileva IM, Ustinovich Yu.A. Diagnostic significance of interleukin-8 in perinatal hypoxia of infectious-inflammatory diseases in newborns . Scientific-Pract. med. 2010. N 2. P. 113-116.
- Benitz W.E., Han M.Y., Madan A., Ramachandra P. Serial serum C-Reactive protein levels in the diagnosis of neonatal infection . Pediatrics. 1998. 102(4). P. 41.
- Calhoun D.A., Ponelly W.H., Du Y., Dame J.B., Li Y., Cristensen R.D. Distribution of granulocyte colony-stimulating factorand G-CSF. Receptor mRNA and protein in the human fetus . Pediatric Res. 1999. 46(3). P. 333-338.
- Dame J.B., Christensen R.D., Juul S.E. The distribution of granulocyte colony-stimulating factorand its feceptor in the developing human fetus . Pediatric Res. 1999. 46(4). P. 358-366.
- Eck, M. J., Sprang S. R. The structure of tumor necrosis factor-a at 2.6 E resolution: implications for receptor binding . Biol. Chem. 1989. 264. P. 17595-17605.
- Plotz F.B., Oeveren W., Bartlett R.H., Wildevuur C.R. Blood activation during neonatal extracorporeal life support . Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 1993. 105. P. 823-832.
- Shabalov N.P., Ivanov D. O. Clinical and laboratory characteristics of neonatal sepsis . Medical blog: Pediatric Med. Acad., St. Petersburg. 2011. 29, April.
- Zentay Z., Sharaf M., Qadir M., Drafta D., Davidson D. Mechanism for Dexamethasone Inhibition of Neutrophil Migration upon Exposure to Lipopoly-saccharide in Vitro: Role of Neutrophil Interleukin-8 Release . Pediatric Research. 1999. N 46 (4). P. 406.