Changes in mRNA and protein expression of antioxidant enzymes in children with bronchial asthma after interval hypoxic training
Nesvitaĭlova KV, Honchar OO, Drevyts'ka TI, Arabs'ka LP, Steshenko MM, Bakunovs'kyĭ OM, Serebrovs'ka TV, Man'kovs'ka IM
- O.O.Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Institute for Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology NAMN, Kyiv, Ukraine
The effect of 10 days of interval hypoxic training (IHT) on the mRNA expression and protein content of antioxidant enzymes (superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione-S-transferase) in leukocytes of children with bronchial asthma (BA) was investigated. It was shown that after sessions of IHT the mRNA expression of superoxide dismutase decreased by 32,5% (P<0,05), but the level of protein was unchanged. The level of catalase gene mRNA and protein content in leukocytes after IHT increased by 67% and 13% accordingly. We detected a 90% increase in glutathione S-transferase level following IHT.
antioxidant enzymes, mRNA and protein expres-sion, hypoxic training, bronchial asthma.
- Antipkin YG, Umanets TR, Lapshin VF Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of bronchial asthma in children . Health of Ukraine, 2010. N 3 (14). p. 39-41.
- Bolevich S., Danilyak I.G., Kogan A.H. New evidence for the inclusion of reactive oxygen species in the pathogenesis of bronchial asthma . Klin. medicine. 1997. N 8. P. 34-36.
- Borukova I.H. The effectiveness of interval hypoxic training in bronchial asthma in children and adolescents . Pediatrics. 2007. 86, N 4. Pp. 29-35.
- Galaktionova, J.P., Varshavsky, B.Ya., Korenovskii, Yu.V., Influence of interval hypoxia on the oxy-danto-antioxidant status of patients with bronchial asthma, Sibirsk. med. . 2003. N 4. Pp. 9-13.
- Gerasimov SV. Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in bronchial asthma . Ukr. med. magazine. 2000. N 1. C. 86-94.
- Gonchar OO, Steshenko MM, Mankovskaya IM, Frantsuzova SB Correction of mitochondrial dysfunction in rat myocardium under conditions of oxidative stress of hypoxic origin . General pathology and patol. physiology. 2010. N 3. P. 44-48.
- Gordeev VI, Aleksandrovich YS, Parshin EV Respiratory support in children. Sbb: Elby, 2009. 169 p.
- Gorovenko NG, Podolskaya SV., Chernyuk NV Determination of molecular genetic markers of hereditary predisposition to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease . Ukr. pulmonol. . 2009. N 4. P. 13-16.
- Gushchin IS, Tsykalovsky OR Free radical system and activation of allergy target cells . Patol. physiology experiment. therapy. 1990. 6. P. 3-10.
- Danilyak IG, Kogan AH, Bolevich CH. Generation of reactive oxygen species by blood leukocytes, sex and antiretroviral protection in patients with bronchial asthma . Therap. archive. 1992. N 3. P. 54-57.
- Zakharyan AK, Amatuni VG On the relationship between changes in the content of prostaglandins, catecholamines and lipid peroxidation in patients with bronchial asthma . Vopr. med. chemistry. 1991. 37. N 3. P. 45-47.
- Ipatov AV, Sergien AV, Panina SS, Voitchak TG, Gondulenko IO Epidemiological and medico-expert aspects of disability due to bronchial asthma in Ukraine . Ukr. pulmonol. . 2004. N 3. P. 23-26.
- Kolchinskaya A.Z., Tsyganova T.N., Ostapenko L.A. Normobaric interval hypoxic training in medicine and sports. M .: Medicine, 2003. 407 p.
- Treumov SP. Antioxidant supply and lipid peroxidation in patients with bronchial asthma . Doctor. case. 1997. N 6. C 76-77.
- Chernyuk NV Dynamics of basic quality of life criteria in patients with bronchial asthma and establishment of treatment effectiveness . Bukovin.med. hanging 2001. N 1. P. 125-129.
- Bentley A., Emrani P., Cassano P. Genetic variation and gene expression in antioxidant related enzymes and risk of COPD: a systematic review . Thorax. 2008. 63. P. 956-961.
- Comhair S., Ricci K., Arroliga M., Lara A., Dweik R., Song W., Hazen S., Bleecker E., Busse W., Chung K. Correlation of systemic superoxide dismutase defi-ciency to airflow obstruction in asthma . Amer. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2005. 172. P. 306-313.
- Geppe N., Kurchatova T., Dairova R., Tkatchouk E., Farobina E. Interval hypoxic training in bronchial asthma in children . Hyp. Med. J. 1995. N 3. P. 11-14.
- Hanta I., Kocabas A., Canacankatan N. Oxidant-atioxidant balance in patients with COPD . Lung. 2006. 184. P. 51-55.
- Laemmli N. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4 . Nature. 1970. 227. P. 680-685.
- Raghunath R., Phadke M.S. Plasma oxidant-antioxidant status in different respiratory disorders . Ind. J. Clin. Biochem. 2006. 21. P. 161-164.
- Twan van den Beucken, Koritzinsky M., Wouters B. Translational control of gene expression during hypoxia . . Cancer Biol Therapy. 2006. 5. P. 749-755.
- Sung Hoon Back, Scheuner D, Han J. Translation attenuation through eIF26 phosphorylation prevents oxidative stress and maintains the differentiated state in beta cells . Cell Metab. 2009. 10(1). P. 13-26.
- Yan Liu, Csaba L6szly, Yi Liu, Wei Liu, Xiaozhuo Chen, Susan C Evans, Shiyong Wu. Regulation of G1 Arrest and Apoptosis in Hypoxia by PERK and GCN2-Me-diated eIF26 Phosphorylation . Neoplasia. 2010. 12(1). P. 61-68.