Nitric oxide synthesis during different stages of competition period in well-trained athletes
Bohdanovs'ka NV, Kotsiuruba AV, Malikov MV.
- Zaporozhye State University, Ukraine
- O.V. Palladin Institute of Biochemistry, National Akademy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
In the study 26 trained male and female sportsmen aged 18-20 years old have been investigated. The sex differences in the degree of the nitric oxide synthesis in various stages of their training and competitive activities were shown. In female sportsmen, at the time of maximal functional capacity and adaptation (beginning of the competition period), a multi-path nonoxidizing arginine metabolism by arginase was prevailed over the oxidative degradation of L-arginine by cNOS . In females, during dezadaptation period (in the middle and the end of competition), the required level of NO synthesis is maintained mainly by non-oxidative resynthesis of nitric oxide from its stable metabolites. In males, however, the level of NO synthesis is maintained mainly by an increase in oxidative degradation of L-arginine with the gradual change in activity of different isoforms of NOS (cNOS as well as iNOS).
nitric oxide, arginine, psychical stress, athletes,sex differensis
- Basiluk OV, Kotsyuruba AV, Stepanenko LG, Talanov CO., Korkach YP, Sagach VF Age-specific features of changes in the aortic and plasma nitric oxide systems under conditions of adaptation to physical activity . Fiziol Zh. 2010. 56, N 1. P. 3-12.
- Bohdanovs'ka NV, Malikov MV. Functional state of the vascular endotelium during systematic physical loadings. . Fiziol Zh.-2008. 54, N 4. p. 44-46.
- Bohdanovs'ka NV, Sviatodukh HM, Kotsiuruba AV, Korkach IuP, Malikov MV. Nitric oxide synthesis during long-term adaptation to intensive muscular work in female sportsmen. . Fiziol Zh.- 2009. 55, N 3. Pp. 94-99.
- Bogdanovskaya NV, Malikov NV, Sviatodukh AN Evaluation of the role of vascular endothelium in the provision of physical fitness of female volleyball players at the stage of intense competitive activity . Visn. Zaporozhye. nat. un-tu Biol. science. 2008. N 1. Pp. 40-43.
- Karpman VL Sports Medicine: Training. for the in-ts of phys. cult. M .: Physical education and sports, 1980. 230 p.
- Reutov VP, Sorokina EG NO-synthase and nitrite-reductase components of the nitric oxide cycle . Biochemistry 1998. 63, no. 7. P. 1029-1040.
- Akita Y., Otani H., Matsuhisa S. Exercice-induced activation of cardiac sympathetic nerve triggers cardioprotection via redox-sensitive activation of eNOS and upregulation of iNOS . Amer. J. Physiol. 2007. 292,N 5. H2051-H2059.
- Bianchi P.G., Saccabusi E. Use of 5(4)amino 4(5)imida-zolcarboxamide ureidosuccinate in inflammatory and degenerative liver . Minerva Gastroenterol. 1972. 18, N 4. P. 245-256.
- Bogdanovskaya N.V., Malikov N.V. Role of the system of synthesis of nitric oxide in providing of long duration adaptation of organism to muscular work . J. Physiol. Sci. . The XXXVI International Congress of Physiological Sciences Kioto, 2009. P. 442.
- Diwan A.D., Wang M.X., Jang D. Nitric oxide modulates fracture healing . J. Bone Miner Res., 2000. 15, N 2. P. 342-351.
- Defron D.T., Most D., Barbul A. Role of nitric oxide in wound healing . Curr Opin. Clin. Nutr. Metab. Care, 2000. 3,N 3. P. 197-204.
- Rassaf T., Lauer T, Heiss S Nitric oxide synthase-derived plasma nitrite predicts exercise capacity . Brit. J. Sports Med. October 1, 2007. 41, N 10. P. 669-673.
- Kanno S. Lee P.C., Zhang Y. Attenuation of myocardial ischemia. reperfusion injury by superinduction of inducible nitric oxide synthase . Circulation. 2000. 101, N 23. P. 2742-2748.
- Sessa W.C., Pritchard K.A. Jr., Seyedi N. Chronic exercise in dogs increases coronary vascular nitric oxide production and endothelial cell nitric oxide synthase gene expression . Circ. Res. 1994. 74. P. 349-353.
- Sureda A., Tauler P., Aguilo A. Relation between oxidative stress and antioxidant endogenous defences during exhaustive exercise. Free Radic. Res. 2005. 39, N 12. P.1317-1324.
- Shen W., Zhang X., Zhao G. Nitric oxide production and NO synthase gene expression contribute to vascular regulation during exercise . Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 1995. 27. P. 1125-1134.
- Souza H.C., Penteado D.M., Martin-Pinge M.C. Nitric oxide synthesis blockade increases hypertrophy and cardiac fibrosis in rats submitted to aerobic training . Arq Bras Cardiol. 2007. Aug. 89, N 2. P. 88-93, 99-104.
- Swamy M., Yusot W.R., Sirajudeen K.N. Decreased glutamine synthase, increased citrulline-nitric oxide cycle activities and oxidative stress in different regions of brain in epilepsy rat model . J. Physiol. Biochem. 2011. 67, N 1. P. 105-113.
- Wildhirt S.M., Weismueller S., Schulze C. Inducible nitric oxidr synthase activation after ischemia. reperfusion contributes to myocardal dysfunction and extent of infarct size in rabbits: evidence for a late phase of nitric oxide-mediated reperfusion injury . Cardiocasc. Res. 1999. 43, N 3. P. 698-711.
- Ziche M., Morbidelli L., Choudhuri D.R. Nitric oxide synthase lies downstream from vascular endothelial growth factor-induced but not basic fibroblast growth factor-induced angiogenesis . J. Clin. Invest. 1997. 99, N 11. P. 2625-2634.