Changes of NO-ergic activity in the salivary glands of rats under conditions of omeprazole-induced hypergastrinemia
Sukhomlyn AA, Berehova TV, Neporada KS.
- Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy, Poltava, Ukraine
- Taras Shevchenko National University, Kyiv, Ukraine
Under conditions of omeprazole-induced hypergastrinemia the activity of NOS and the concentration of NO2–, the end product of metabolism of nitric oxide were studied in salivary glands of rats. We detected an increase in NOS activity, reaching a maximum (7,61±0,39 мmol [NO2-]/(g*min) at 14th day of the experiment. At 28th day following omeprazole introduction its activity was 5,76±0,25 мmol [NO2-]/(g*min).
salivary glands, omeprazole, hypergastrinemia,NО-synthase, NО, nitrites.
- Golikov PP, Nikolaev N.Yu., Gavrilenko IA Nitrogen oxide and lipid peroxidation as a factor in endogenous intoxication in urgent conditions . Patol. physiology and experiment. therapy. 2000. N 2 P. 6-9.
- Denisov AB Salivary glands. Saliva. Part 2 Methods of modeling physiological and pathological processes. M .: Publishing House of the RAMS, 2003. 60 p.
- Meshchishen IF, Pishak VP, Grigorieva NP Biomole balls: structure and function. Chernivtsi: Medic, 1999. 149 p.
- Reutov VP, Sorokina EG, V.E. Okhotin VE, Kositsin NS Cyclic transformations of nitric oxide in mammals. M .: Science, 1998. 159 p.
- Sukmansky OI Biologically active substances of salivary glands. K .: Health, 1991. 112 p.
- Tarasenko LM, Sukhanova GA, Mishchenko VP, Nexad KS Salivary glands (biochemistry, physiology, clinical aspects). Tomsk: NTL Publishing House, 2002. 124 p. : il.
- M. Tkachenko Nitric oxide and vascular regulation (literature review) . Journal. AMS of Ukraine. 1997. 3, N 2. P. 241-254.
- Asanuma K., Iijima K., Sugata H. Diffusion of cytotoxic concentrations of nitric oxide generated luminally at the gastroesophageal junction of rats . Gut. 2005. 54. P.1072-1077.
- Hevel J.M. Purification of the inducible murene machrophage nitric oxide synthase . J. Biol. Chem. 1991. 266, N 34. P. 22.
- Lowenstein C.J., Snyder S.H. Nitric oxide, a novel biologic messenger . Cell. 1992. 70. P. 705-707.
- Olbe L., Cederberg C, Lind T., Olausson M. Effect of omeprazole on gastric acid secretion and plasma gastrin in man . Scand J.Gastroenterology. 1989. 24 (suppl. 166). P.27-32.
- Pal Pacher, Joseph S. Beckman, Lucas L. Nitric Oxide and Peroxynitrite in Health and Disease . Physiol. Rev. 2007. 87. P.315-424.