Effect of 1,5-benzodiazepine derivatives on the electrical activity of neurons of the Helix albescens Rossm
Koreniuk II, Iepishkin IV, Hamma TV, Khusainov DR
Tauryiskyi National University, Simferopol, Ukraine
Using a standard technique for intracellular recording of potentials, we investigated the influence of two new derivatives of 1,5-benzodiazepine-2-one on the electrical activity of neurons of the Helix albescens Rossm. These substances possess neurotropic properties, the effects were concentration dependent in the concentration range 10-6 M – 10-2 and did not depend on the type of neurons. We defined the threshold, optimum and toxic concentrations for the compounds investigared. Analysis of the total ion current showed that the compounds reduce the rate of inward Na+- and Ca2+ currents and of outward K+-currents.
derivatives of 1,5-benzodiazepine-2-one, grapesnail, neuron, electrical activity
- A.c. N 11642 Ukraine, Computer program for registration, processing and automated analysis of bioelectric signals . AA. Zamotaylov, I.I. Korenyuk. 2004.
- Aleksandrovsky Yu.A. Clinical pharmacology of tranquilizers. M .: Medicine, 1973. 334 p.
- Belousov YB, Gurevich KG Clinical pharmacokinetics. M .: Litterrae, 2005. 290 p.
- Burchinsky SG Problems of pharmacotherapy of neurotic and somatized depression: criteria for choosing an antidepressant . Health of Ukraine. 2005. N 6. p. 15.
- Burchinsky SG New aspects of pharmacotherapy of psychosomatic pathology . Medicines. 2004. N 5-6. P. 28-32.
- Voronina TA The spectrum of pharmacological activity of hydazepam and its place among known tranquilizers. In the book: Gidazepam. K., 1992. P. 63-75.
- Voronina TA, Sredenin SB. Prospects for the search for new anxiolytics . Experim. wedge. pharmacology. 2002. N 5. P. 4-17.
- Hamma TV, Koreniuk II. [Effect of benzimidazole and its derivatives on electrical activity of Helix albescens Rossm neurons and behavior of rats]. . Fiziol Zh. 2007. 53, N 5. P. 53-67.
- Gromov LA, Dudko ET "Typical" and "atypical" tranquilizers . Visn. pharmacology. 2003. N 10. pp. 11-17.
- Kononenko NP, Kostyuchenko OV Mechanisms of generation of rhythm-conducting activity in identified grape snail neurons . Neurophysiology. 2001. 31, N 1. P. 46-54.
- Maruta NA Modern depressive disorders (clinical and psychopathological features, diagnostics, therapy) . Ukr. hanging psychoneurology. 2001. N 4. P. 79-82.
- Neznamov G.G., Syunyakov S.A., Chumakov D.V., etc. A new anxiolytic Afobazol: results of a comparative clinical trial with diazepam in generalized anxiety disorder . Psychiatry and psychopharmacotherapy. 2006. P. 17-23.
- Sakharov DA Genealogy of neurons. M .: Science, 1974. P. 37-70.
- Solomko, 3. F., and Kost, A.N., 1,5-Benzidiazepines, . CHC-1975. C. 1443-1463.
- Kharkevich DA Pharmacology. 6th ed., Revised. and ext. M .: GEOTAR Medicine, 1999. 661 p.
- Davidoff R.A. Spinal neurotransmitters and the modeof action of antispasticity drugs. In: The origin and treatment of spasticity . Ed.R.Benecke,M.Emre, R.A. Davidoff. USA. 1990. P.63-91.
- Gracies J.M., Elovic E., Mc Guire J., Simpson D. Tradicional pharmacological treatments for spasticity. Part 2:general and regional treatments . Muscle anol. Nerve. 1997. suppl. 6. P. 92-120.
- Greenblatt David J., Jerold S. Harmatz, H. Friedman, Ann Locniskar, and Richard I. Shader A Large-Sample Study of Diazepam Pharmacokinetics . Therap. Drug. Monitoring. 1989. 11. P.652-657.
- Heine P.R., Weyer G., Breuel H.-P., Muck W., Schmage N., Kuhlman J. Lack of interaction between diazepam and nimodipine during chronic oral administration to healthu elderly subjects . Brit. J. Clin. Pharmac. 1991. 32. P. 605-610.