Analgesia evoked by combined effect of corvitin and low-intensity microwaves on acupuncture points in mice of different genetic strains with somatic pain
Hura OV, Bahats'ka OV, Lymans'kyĭ IuP
Bogomoletz Institute of physiology NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
The level of analgesia has been investigated in mice of two genotypes C57BL/6J Bl/6j and CBA/CaLac with the somatic pain caused by the formalin test after irradiation of acupuncture point E-36 by microwaves of low intensity (30-300 GHz, density of a stream of capacity of 3-10-9 Вт/cm2) on a background entered corvitin (20 mg / kg). It is shown, that the action of these two factors causes significant analgesia with different levels: 43 % in C57BL/6J Bl/6j mice and 33 % in CBA/CaLac mice. The intensity of analgesia after action of microwaves and corvitin exceeds the level attained during separate use of these factors.
acupuncture point, microwaves, corvitin.
- Avgustinovich DF, Lipina GV, Alekseenko OV, Amstislavskaya TG, Kudryavtseva NN Features of functional activity of brain serotonergic system in manifestation of natural and pathological anxiety in mice: influence of genotype . Journal. higher nerve. activities. 1998. 48, N 2. p. 331-341.
- Bahats'ka OV, Hura OV. Evaluation of analgesia evoked by microwaves of low intensity in the point of acupuncture in mice with different genotypes.. Fiziol Zh. 2004. 50. N 2. P.80-85.
- Bogatskaya EV, Gura EV Analgesia caused by microwave irradiation of the acupuncture point in visceral pain in mice: the role of the serotonin-ergic brain system . Neurophysiology . Neurophysiology. 2005. 37, N 3. p. 250-257.
- Bogatskaya EV, Gura EV, Limansky Yu.P. Analgesia caused by microwave irradiation of acupuncture point in visceral pain in mice: the role of the brain opioid system . Neurophysiology. 2008. 40, N 5. 6. p. 426-437.
- Gura EV, Bogatskaya EV, Limansky Yu.P. Participation of the serotonergic system in analgesia caused by the action of low-intensity microwaves on the acupuncture point of pain . Neurophysiology. 2002. 34, N 4. p. 303-308.
- Gura EV, Bogatskaya EV, Limansky Yu.P. Participation of the serotonergic system in the provision of analgesia caused by microwave irradiation of an acupuncture point . Arch. wedge. and experiment. medicine. 2001. 10, N 2. P.145.
- Gura OV, Bogatskaya OV Participation of the serotonergic system of the brain in pain reactions caused by the introduction of formalin in mice . Fiziol Zh. 2002. 48, N 2. p.22.
- Gonchar OM, Gura OV Pharmacological and microwave induced radiation suppression of somatic pain in formalin in mice . Neurophysiology . Neurophysiology. 2006. 38, N 1. P. 46-51.
- Lymans'kyĭ IuP, Bahats'ka OV, Hura OV, Nesin OM, Sushko BS, Tamarova ZA. Influence of korvityn on somatic pain in mice of different genotypes.. Fiziol Zh. 2008. 54, N 4. P.37-43.
- Limansky Yu.P., Tamarova SA, Bidkov EG, Kolbun MD Suppression of nociceptive responses in mice under the influence of low-intensity microwave irradiation of acupuncture points . Neurophysiology . Neurophysiology. 1998. 31. N 4. p. 318.
- Moibenko AA, Dosenko VE, Parkhomenko AN Endogenous mechanisms of cardioprotection as a basis for pathogenetic therapy of heart disease. K .: Sciences. opinion, 2008. 520 p.
- Nesin EN, Gura EV Analgesia induced by the combined use of tramadol and microwave irradiation in somatic pain in mice . Neurophysiology . Neurophysiology. 2006. 38, N 4. p. 314-320.
- Nesin OM, Gura OV, Kolbun M.D. Combined use of pharmacological analgesics and microwave irradiation of acupuncture point for suppression of visceral pain in mice: role of opioid and serotonergic brain systems . Neurophysiology . Neurophysiology. 2007. 39, N 6. p. 470-478.
- Chuyan EN, Dzheldubayeva ER Mechanisms of antinociceptive action of low-intensity millimeter radiation. Simferopol: DYIPP, 2006. 440 p.
- Anjaeyulu M., Chopra K. Quercetin, a biophlavanoid, attenuates thermal hyperalgesia in a mouse model of diabetic neuropatic pain. Prog. Neuropsychopharmacol. Biol. Psychiat. 2003 27. P.1001-1005.
- Bagatskaya E.V. Involvement of the serotoninergic cerebral system in microwave-induced analgesia in mice of different genotypes. Neirofiziologiya . Neurophysiology. 2006. 38, N 5. 6. P.424-426.
- Bagatskaya E.V., Gura E.V., Limansky Yu.P. Connection between analgesia caused by microwave irradiation of acupuncture point and brain serotoninergic system. In: Abstract of Communications 10th World Congress of Pain San Diego, August 17-19. 2002. P.263.
- Bagatskaya E.V., Gura E.V., Limansky Yu.P.,Kolbun N.D. Participation of serotoninergic system in analgesia evoked by action of the low-intensive microwaves on acupuncture point. In: Abstract of European Conference of Pain. Poland. Warshawa, 2001. P.151.
- Dubuisson D., Dennis S.G. The formalin test: a quantitative study of the analgesic effects of morphine, meperidine and brain stem stimulation in rats and cat. . Pain. 1977. 4 P.161-174.
- Gadotti V.M., Schmeling L.O., Machado C, Liz F.H., Filho V.C., Meyere-Silva C, Santos A.R. Antinociceptive action of the extract and the flavonoid quercetin isolated from Bauhinia microstachya leavels . J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 2005. 57 P.1345-1351.
- Haskaar S., Hole K. The formalin test in mice: dissociation between inflammatory and non-inflammatory pain . Pain. 1987. 30. P.103-104.
- Kaur R., Singh D., Chopra K. Partisipation of alpha 2 receptors in the antinociceptive activity of quercetin . . J. Med. Food. 2005. 8. P.529-532.
- Mogil J.S., Rest B., Sadowski D., Belknap J.K. Differential genetic mediation of sensitivity to morphine in genetic models of opiate antinociception: influence of nociceptive assay . J. Pharmacol. Exp. Therap. 1996. 27. P.532-544.
- Mogil J.S., Richards S.P., OToole L.A., Helms M.L., Mitchell S.R.,Belknap J.K. Genetic sensitivity to hotplate nociception in DBA. 2J and C57BL. 6J BL. 6J inbred mouse strains: Possible sex-specific mediation by delta2-opioid receptors . Pain. 1997. 70. P.267-277.
- Usichenko T.I., Ivashkivsky O.I., Gizhko V.V. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with electromagnetic millimeter waves applied to acupuncture points a randomized double blind clinical study. Acupunct. Electrother. Res. 2003. 28, N 1-2. P.11-18.
- Usichenko T.I., Herget H.F. Treatment of chronic pain with millimetre wave therapy (MWT) in patients with diffuse connective tissue diseases: a pilot case series study. Eur. J. Pain. 2003. 7, N 3. P.289-294.