The imunophenotypic characteristics of twofunctionally different nk cell.s subpopulations in peripheral human blood
B.V. Donskoy, V.P. Chernyshov, D.V. Osypchuk
ДУ «Ін-т педіатрії акушерства і гінекології АМНУкраїни», Київ
NK cell cytotoxicity and immunophenotypic characteristics of activated natural killer (NK) cells after co-incubation with K562 target cells in women were investigated. An increase in CD69, HLADR, CD95 expression on target-activated NK cells was demonstrated. Conversely, CD62L expression in NK cells after activation was decreased. The results showed that only a part of NK cells after incubation with K562, became CD69 positive. Moreover, even after lowering of “efector - target ” ratio and extensions of time of stimulation, the amount of CD69+NK cells did not exceed 60% (50%±1.7%). Expression of CD69, CD95 and HLADR on NK cells before co-incubation didn`t correlate with NK cytotoxicity. However, size of population of activated CD69+ NK cells (after stimulation) was correlated with NK cytotoxicity. We also found that the activation capacity after cocultivation with K562 cells is related to loss in CD62L on NK cell`s surface. Only CD62Lneg and less CD62LlowNK cells had the ability to be activated with K562. In conclusion, we demonstrated that incubation with K562 target cells enhanced the expression of CD69 on the major part of NK cell population and the size of CD69+NK cell population is strongly correlated with NK cytotoxicity.
natural killer cells, markers of activation, NKcell‘s cytotoxicity.
- Benlahrech F.,Donaghy H., Rozis G., Goodier M., Klavinskis L., Gotch F., Patterson S. Human NK cell Up-regulation of CD69,HLA-DR, Interferon г Secretion and Cytotoxic Activity by Plasmocytoid Dendritic Cells is Regulated through Overlapping but Different Pathways//Sensors. - 2009. - 6. - P.386-403.
- Chalifour A., Jeannin P., Gauchat J- F.,Blaecke A.,Malissard M., N‘Guyen T., Thieblemont N., Delneste Y. Direct bacterial protein PAMP recognition by human NK cells involves TLRs and triggers 6-defensin production /Blood. - 2004. - 104, №6. -P.1778-1783.
- Caligiuri M.A. Human natural killer cells//Ibid. - 2008. -112,№3. - P.461-469.
- Yun C.H., Lundgren A., Azem J., Sloling A., Holmgren J., Svennerholm A.-M.,Lundin B.S. Natural killer cells and Helicobacter pylori infection: bacterial antigens and interleukin-12 act synergistically to induce gamma interferon production// Infect.Immun. - 2005. - 73, №3. - P.1428-1490.
- Dosiou C, Giudice L.C. Natural killer cells in pregnancy and recurrent pregnancy loss: endocrine and immunologic perspectives//Endocrine Rev. - 2005. -26,№1. - P.44-62.
- Eriksson.M., Meadow S.K., Basu S., Mselle T.F., Wira C.R., Sentman C.L.. TLR Mediate IFN-г production by human uterine NK cells in endometrium// J.Immunol. -2006. - 176. -P.6219-6224.
- Young H.A., Ortaldo J. Cytokines as critical co-stimulatory molecules in modulating immune response of natural killer cells// Cell Res. - 2006. - 16. - P.16-24.
- Kogure T., Mantani N., Sakai S., Shimada Y, Tamura J., Terasawa K. Natural killer cytolytic activity is associated with the expression of killer cell immuno-globulin-like receptors on peripheral lymphocytes in human// Med. Inflam. - 2003. - 12. - P.117-121.
- 9. Kumar V., Medhi B. Emerging role of uterine natural killer cells in establishing pregnancy//Iran. J.Immunol. -2008. -5,№2. - P.71-81.
- 10. Zamai L., Ponti C, Mirandola P.,Gobbi G., Papa S.,Galeotti., Cocco L., Vitale M. NK cells and cancer// J. Immunol. - 2007. - 178. - P.4011-4016.
- Ntrivalas E.I., Kwak-Kim J.Y.H., Gilman-Sachs A., Chung-Bang H., Ng S.CBeaman K.D., Mantouvalos H.P., Beer A.E. Status of peripheral blood natural killer cells in women with recurrent spontaneous abortions and infertility of unknown aetiology//Hum. Rreprod. -2001. - 16,№5. - P.855-861.
- Redline R.W. Role of uterine natural killer cells and interferon г in placental development//J.Exp. Med. -2000. - 17, №2. - P.1-4.
- Farag S.S., Fehniger T.A., Ruggeri L., Caliguri M.A. Natural killer cell receptors: new biology and insights into the graft- versus-leukemia effect//Blood. - 2002. -100,№6. - P.1935-1947.
- Chen S., Kawashima H., Lowe J.B., Lanier L.L.,Fukuda M. Suppression of tumor formation in lymph nodes by L-selectin-mediated natural killer cell recruitment// J.Exp.Med. - 2005. -202, №12. - P.1679-1689.
- Sun J.C., Lanier L.L. Natural killer cells remember: An evolutionary bridge between innate and adaptive immunity?// Eur. J. Immunol. - 2009. - №39. - P.2059-2064.
- Warren H.S, Campbell A.J., Waldron J.C, Lanier L.L. Biphasic response expressing both activating and inhibitory killer Ig-like//Intern.Immunol. - 2001. - 13, №8. - P.1043-1052.