The influence of the vortical impulsive magnetic fields of right and left directions of rotationon hypotalamic bioelectric activity in rats
G.A. Zadorozhnaya, V.P. Lyashenko, O.Z. Melnikova
O. Gonchar Dniepropetrovsk National University, Ukraine
We investigated the influence of the vortical impulsive magnetic fields (MF), created by the rotation of their source in right and left direction, on the total background electric activity anterior hypothalamic (AHA) and dorsal hypothalamic areas (DHA) in rat brain. It is shown, that under the action of such MF in electrohypothalogramms (EHtG) of both investigated areas there was a substantial increase of spectral power of middle frequencies waves (teta–, alfa–diapasons) as compared to control absolute power of waves in all frequency ranges of EHtG, that testified to growth in such terms of activity of the synchronizing rhythm-formative systems of brain. The indicated changes were more pronounced in AHA, which contains centers of adjusting of trophotropic reactions. The investigated descriptions of EHtG at the action of MF of right rotation changed more substantially, than under influence of left directed MF, that indicates on different biological efficiency of the indicated fields.
the vortical impulsive magnetic field, hypotha-lamic electric activity, electrohypothalogramm.
- Agadzhanyan NA, Vlasova IG Influence of the infra-frequency magnetic field on the rhythm of nerve cells and their resistance to hypoxia . Biophysics. 1992. 37, no. 4. P. 681-689.
- Arushanian EB, Beyer EV Immunotropic properties of epiphyseal melatonin . Experim. and a wedge. pharmacology. 2002. 65, N 5. P. 73-80.
- Bordyushkov Yu.N., Goroshinskaya IA, Franciants EM Structural and Functional Changes of Lymphocyte and Erythrocyte Membranes under the Effect of Alternating Magnetic Field . Inquiries. honey. chemistry. 2000. N 1. P. 52-54.
- Garkavi, L. X., Kvakina, E.B., Shikhlyarova, A.I., et al., Magnetic Fields, Adaptation Reactions, and Self-Organization of Living Systems, Biophysics, 1996, 41, no. 4, pp. 898-905.
- Dmitrievsky IM Cosmophysical correlations in living and inanimate nature as manifestations of weak influences . Ibid. 1992. 37, no.4. p. 674-680.
- Kuchugurnyi Yu.P., Sokolovsky II, Yashin AA Simulation of Combined Magnetic Fields Used in Magnetotherapy of Diseases Consequences of Radiation Irradiation . Vesti. new honey. technologies. 2003. 10, N 4. P. 73-75.
- Lednev VV Bioeffects of weak combined, constant and variable magnetic fields . Biophysics. 1996. 42, no. 1. P. 224-232.
- Lyashenko VP, Melnikova OZ, Gorkovenko AV etc. Dynamics of characteristics of electrical activity of trophic and ergotropic zones of the hypothalamus of rats in the course of long-term emotional stress . Neurophysiology. 2007. 39, No. 1. P. 69-80.
- Nozdrachev AD, Shcherbaty Yu.V. Modern methods of evaluation of the functional state of the autonomic (autonomic) nervous system . Physiol. human. 2001. 27, No. 6, P. 95-101.
- Parin SB., Field SA Transformation of information into synapses . Scientific session of MIFI 2005. VII Vseros. scientific-technical Conf. Neuroinformatics-2005: Sat. scientific tr. M .: MYTHS. 2005. 4.2. P. 112-115.
- Patent No. 29009 A Ukraine, 6 A61N2 . 02. A device for generating magnetic fields . Filipov YA, Sokolovsky II, Gritsenko II, Zhitnik MY, Putilov YG, Rudenko A.I. Application 15.01.1993 No. 3687 XII. Publ. 01.06.2000. Bull. N 5.
- SIDYAKIN VG Influence of solar activity fluctuation on biological systems . Biophysics. 1992. 37, issue 4, C. 647-652.
- Temuriants NA, Shekhotkin AV, Kamynina PB Influence of a weak alternating magnetic field of ultra-low frequency on the infradian rhythm of physiological systems controlled by the epiphysis . Ibid. 1998. 43, no. 5. P. 783-788.
- Temuriants NA, Vladimir BM, Tishkin OG Ultra-low frequency electromagnetic signals in the biological world. K .: Sciences. opinion, 1992. 188 p.
- Kholodov Yu.A. The brain in electromagnetic fields. M .: Science, 1982. 118 p.
- Bassett C. A. The development and application of pulsed electromagnetic fields for ununited fractures and ar-thromeres . Orthop. Clin. N. Am. 1984. 15. P. 61-87.
- Blackman C.F., Benane S.G., House D.E. The influence of 1.2 T, 60 Hz magnetic fields on melatonin- and tamoxifen-induced inhibition of MCF-7 cell growth . Bioelectromagnetics. 2001. 22, N 2. P. 122-128.
- Blinov L.M. Electro-optical and Magneto- optical Principles of liquid Crystals London: John Wiley and Sons, 1983. 56 p.
- Feychting M., Schulgen G., Olsen J. H., Ahlbom A. Magnetic fields and childhood cancer a pooled analysis of two Scandinavian studes . Eur. J. Cancer. 1995. 31 A, N 12. P. 2035-2039,
- Gennes P.G. The Physics of Liquid Crystals. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1974. P.28.
- Gurney J. G., Davis S., Schwartz S. M. Childhood cancer occurrence in relation to power line configurations: a study of potential selection bias in case-control studies . Epidemiology. 1995. N 6. P. 31-35.
- Hong F.T. Magnetic field effects on biomolecules, cells, and living organism . Biosystems. 1995. 36, N 3. P. 187-229.23. Kato M., Honma K., Shigemitsu T., Shiga Y. Effects of exposure to a circularly polarized 50-Hz magnetic field on plasma and pineal melatonin levels in rats . Bioelectromagnetics. 1993. 14 . P. 97-106.
- Kordyum E. L. Bogatina N. I., Sheykina N. V. Weak combined magnetic fields affect a root gravitropic reaction . 13 Congress of the Federation of European Sosietes of Plant Physiology: interm. conf., 2-6 Septembr, 2002. Hersonissos, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 2002. P. 340.
- Lednev V.V. Possible mechanism for the influence of weak magnetic field on biological system . Bioelectromagnetics. 1991. 12. P. 71-75.
- Lerchl A., Rieter R.J., Howes K.A. Evidence that extremely low frequency Ca(2+)-cyclotron resonance depresses pineal melatonin synthesis in vitro . Neu-rosci. Lett. 1991. 124, N 2. P. 213-215.
- Loscher W., Wahnschaffe U., Mevissen M. Effects of weak alternating magnetic fields on nocturnal melatonin production and mammary carcinogenesis in rats . Oncology. 1994.- 51. P. 288-295.
- Wilson B., Stevens R., Anderson L.E. Extremely Low Frequency. Electromagnetic fields: The Question of Cancer. Columbus OH: Battelle Press, 1990. P. 81.
- Zilles K. The Cortex of the Rat. A Stereotaxis Atlas. Berlin. Germany: Springer,1985.