The instrumental orotherapy intherapy of child’s cerebral palsy
V.Y. Berezovski, K.V. Yatsenko.
O.O.Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
We investigated the feasability of the method of Orotherapy in the complex rehabilitation of children with different forms of cerebral palsy. The instrumental Orotherapy (intermittens normobaric hypoxytherapy) is the newest biophysical technology, which involves the simulation of mounting conditions of partial pressure of oxygen in the atmospheric air provided normal barometric absolute pressure. The basis of the instrumental Orotherapy medical effect is the activation of defence mechanism and physiologycal reserves of patient’s organism. We provided a complex treatment of 87 patients aged 8,5 months to 12 years old with different forms of child’s cerebral palsy. After pediatric examination children were divided into two randomised groups according to age, sex, clinical form of child’s cerebral palsy. The first group (control group) consisted of 34 children, who had the traditional complex treatment. Basic group (53 patients) had the course of instrumental Orotherapy in the intermittent regimen in addition to the traditional complex treatment. For instrumental Orotherapy we used the individual apparatus «Borey-M» ( the scientific medical engineering center «NORT» of National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kiev). We used normal barometric hypoxic gaseous mixture, consisted of 12% oxygen and 88% nitrogen. Children were examined before and after the course of therapy. We observed the positive dynamics of a locomotive status from (50, 94,3%) patients of basic group and (25, 73,5%) children of control group after the complex course of the treatment. We detected that the clinical effect of basic group was higher than the clinical effect of control group. We observed the positive dynamics of a brain bioelectrical activity in (37, 70%) patients of basic group and (19, 56%) children of control group. The positive dynamics of brain bioelectrical activity spectrum of basic group was higher than control group. These results afford a basis for the conclusion that instrumental Orotherapy is the method which has positive therapeutical effect on patients with child’s cerebral palsy.
child’s cerebral palsy, instrumental Orotherapy(intermitted normobaric hypoxytherapy), adaptation.
- Badalyan LO, Zhurba LT, Vsevolozhskaya NM A guide to early childhood neurology. K.: Health., 1980. 525 p.
- Badalyan LO, Zhurba LT, Timonina OV Pediatric cerebral palsy. K.: Health. 1988. 328 p.
- Berezovsky VA Allopathic and homeopathic principles in the treatment of diseases related to oxygen starvation. In book: Molecular aspects of adaptation to hypoxia. K .: Sciences. opinion, 1979. WITH. 224-231.
- Berezovsky VA, Levashov MI Introduction to orotherapy. K .: Publishing House of the Academy of Problems of Hypoxia of the Russian Federation, 2000. 74 p.
- Berezovsky V.Ya., Gorban EM, Levashov MI, Sutkov AD Methodical recommendations of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. In the book: Technology for increasing the resistance of the body by hypoxetherapy. K, 2000. p. 23-46.
- Bogomolets OV Orotherapy in complex treatment of patients with allergodermatoses: Author's abstract. diss. ... Cand. honey. Sciences. K, 1992. 18 p.
- Veltishchev Yu.E. Children's health status and overall disease prevention strategy. In the book: Almanac "Healing" . Ed. IA Skvortsova. M: Trivola. 1995. N 2. P. 3-37.
- Voitenko VP, Koshel NM Disability in Ukraine. K .: Sciences. World, 2008. 198 p.
- Goida NG, Martyniuk V.Yu., Kisel TN Medical and social rehabilitation of children with organic lesions of the nervous system is a priority in the implementation of a comprehensive program for solving disability problems. In the book: New technologies for the rehabilitation of cerebral palsy. Donetsk, 1994. 164 p.
- Gurlen A.M., Bagel G.E. Physiotherapy and balneology of nervous diseases. Minsk: Higher. School, 1989 p. 281-288.
- Zharov AI, Kurako Yu.L., Pruss VP, Gancho VP Principles of modern organization of stage treatment of patients with spastic cerebral palsy . Ukr. hanging psychoneurology. Harkiv, 1995. T. 3, wine. 2. P. 357-359.12. Zhirmunska EA The system of description and classification of human encephalograms. M .: Science, 1984. 79 p.
- Zakoschikov KF, Katin CO. Hypoxytherapy. Mountain air. M .: Paper Gallery, 2005. 64 p.
- Karash YM, Stelkov RB, Chizhov A.Ya. Normobaric hypoxia in treatment, prevention and rehabilitation. M .: Medicine, 1988. 397 p.
- Koziavkin VI, Shestopalova LF, Podkorytov B.C. Pediatric cerebral palsy. Medico-psychological problems. Lviv: Ukr. technology, 2004. 143 p.
- Koziavkin VI, Lun GP, Babadagli MO, Kachmar OO Pediatric cerebral palsy: prevention and effectiveness of Kozyavkin's method of rehabilitation: 36. Sciences. works . Social pediatrics. K .: Intermed, 2005. P. 31-36.
- Koziavkin VI, Sak NN, Kachmar OA, Babadagly MA Fundamentals of rehabilitation of motor disorders by the Kozyavkin method. Lviv: Ukr. Technologists, 2007. 192 p.
- Martyniuk V.Yu., Moiseenko P.O., Zinchenko CM. Medical-organizational technologies in improving the assistance to children with pathology of the nervous system. In the book: Fundamentals of medico-social rehabilitation of children with organic lesions of the nervous system. K .: Intermed, 2005. P. 13-23.
- Meerson FZ Adaptation medicine: Mechanisms and protective effects of adaptation. M .: Hypoxia medical LTD. 1993. 332 p.
- Mikhailenko V.E. Clinico-neurophysiological justification for the use of physical factors in the rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy: Author's abstract. dissertation ... Cand. honey. Sciences. Yalta, 2005. 33 p.
- Nadonenko OM, Martyniuk VY, Zinchenko SM. Electroencephalographic characteristics in children from birth to 3 years in the state of sleep and wakefulness. In the book: Fundamentals of medico-social rehabilitation of children with organic lesions of the nervous system. K .: Intermed, 2005. p. 120-134.
- Novikov B.C., Shustov EB, Goranchuk V.V. Correction of functional states under experimental effects. St. Petersburg: Science, 1998. 544 p.
- Novinskaya NL, Gorbachevskaya EV Comparison of clinical, encephalographic indicators in children with different types of intellectual deficiency . Neurology and psychiatry. 1980. N 7. P. 17-23.
- Polyakov LE Health statistics. M .: Medicine. 1974. 384 p.
- Semenova KA Methodical recommendations for the use of working classification of cerebral palsy. M., 1973. 20 p.
- Sirotinin MM Life at heights and altitude sickness. K.: View-UNUSSR, 1939. 225 p.
- Strelkov RB, Karash YM, Chizhov A.Ya. Method of increasing nonspecific organism resistance by normobaric hypoxic stimulation: Method. say. Of the 2nd Moscow. state. honey. their inst. NI Pirogov. M .: Ministry of Health of the USSR. 1985. 11 p.
- Strelkov RB, Karash YM, Chizhov A.Ya. Increasing nonspecific resistance of the body by normobaric hypoxic stimulation . Dokl. Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1987. N 2. P. 493-496.
- Downey J.M., Davis A.M., Cohen M.V. Signaling pathways in ischemic preconditioning . Heart Fail Rev. 2007. 12. P. 181-188.
- Palisano R., Rosenbaum P., Walter S., Russell D., Wood E., Galuppi B. Development and reliability of a system to classify gross motor function in children with cerebral palsy . Develop. Med. and Child Neurol. 1997. 39. p. 214-223.
- Palisano R., Rosenbaum P., Bartlett D., Livingston M. Content validity of the Expanded and Revised Gross Motor Function Classification System . Ibid. 9. 2007. P. 12-16.
- Rezkalla S.H., Kloner R.A. Preconditioning in humans . Heart Fail. Rev. 2007. 12. P.201-206.
- Rezkalla S.H., Kloner R.A. Ischemic preconditioning and preinfarction angina in the clinical arena . Nat. Clin. Pract. Cardiovasculat. Med. 2004. 1. P. 96-102.
- Thibault H., Ovize M. Postconditioning in man . Heart Fail Rev. 2007. 12. P. 245-248.
- Statistichnii shchorichnik Ukraini za 2006 rik . Derzhkomstat Ukraini. Pid red. O.G Osaulenka. K.: Konsul'tant, 2007. 575 s.
- Statistichnii byuleten' «Zakladi ohoroni zdorov'ya ta zahvoryuvanist' naselennya Ukraini u 2007 rotsi» . Derzhkomstat Ukraini. K., 2008. 96 s.