Age-dependence of alterations in nitricoxide synthesis in cardiovascularsystem during adaptation to physicaltraining
O.V.Bazilyuk, A.V.Kotsuruba, L.G.Stepanenco,S.A.Talanow, Yu.P.Korkach, V.F.Sagach.
- O.O. Bogomolets Institute of physiology National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- A.V. Palladin Institute of Biochemistry National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
In aorta and plasma of trained and control non-trained adult and aging rats we studied the features of NO synthesis, L-arginin methabilism, oxidative methabolism, endothelium-dependent vasodilation of thoracic aorta during adaptation to physical training (swimming). Our results show age-dependent effects of training : in aorta and plasma we observed 1) the activation of both salvage (by nitratereductase + nitritereductase reduction of nitrate- and nitrite-anions) and de novo (L-arginine oxidation by NOS) pathways of nitric oxide synsesis and (2) an increase in nitric oxide bioavailability in training rats, (3) a profound decrease in arginase activity and, as a result, a partial restoration of endothelium-depen-dent vasodilation. We conclude that physical training (preconditioning) is an effective tool of non-medicament correction of age-dependent endothelial dysfunction. Salvage/de novo ratio degree can be a potent biochemical marker of training effectiveness in sportsmen.
nitric oxide, vascular tone, endothelium, precondi-tion, training, aging
- Amosova KM, Kotsyuruba AV, Zadorin EM and others. State of NO-system in blood platelets of patients with idiopathic pulmonary hypertension and its changes in the conditions of treatment with calcium channel blocker diltiazem . Supplement. NAS of Ukraine 2007, N 8. P. 183-189.
- Korkach YP, Kotsyuruba AV, Prysyazhnaya OD etc. NO-Dependent Ways of Implementing the Protective Effect of Ecdysterone on the Heart and Vessels in Streptocotocin-Induced Diabetes in Rats . Fiziol zh. 2007 53, N 3. P. 3-8.
- Kurgalyuk N., M., Kotsyuruba AV, Sagach V.F. Effect of exogenous Krebs cycle substrates on NO synthesis in acute hypoxia . Fiziol zh. 2005 51, N 4. P. 20-28.
- Prysyazhnaya OD, Kotsyuruba AV, Tkachenko MM, Sagach VF Effect of enalapril on endothelium-dependent contractile reactions and oxygen cost of smooth muscle in experimental diabetes . Fiziol zh. 2007 53, N 1. P. 3-10.
- Prysyazhnaya OD, Kotsyuruba AV, Talanov CO., Sagach VF Normalizing effect of integral hypoxic training on endothelial function in experimental diabetes mellitus . Fiziol zh. 2007, 53, N 2 P. 3-7.
- Sagach VF, Kotsyuruba AV, Basiluk OV etc. Inhibitors of the arginase pathway of L-arginine metabolism as a new class of antihypertensive compounds: effect of urea on lipid oxidative metabolism and vascular tone in hypertension . Fiziol zh. 2001 47, N 5. P. 3-11.
- Sagach VF, Rudik OV, Vavilova GL etc. Melatonin Restores Ischemic Tolerance and Reduces Sensitivity to Mitochondrial Pore Opening (MRI) in the Heart of Old Rats . Fiziol zh. 2006 52, N 3. P. 3-14.
- Sagach VF, Basiluk OV, Stepanenko LG and. others Effect of enalapril on nitric oxide synthesis, oxidative metabolism and vascular tone in old rats . Fiziol zh. 2007 53, N 4. P.15-26.
- Sagach VF, Korkach YP, Kotsyuruba AV etc. Inhibition of mitochondrial pore opening by ecdysterone in the heart of old rats . Fiziol zh. 2008 54, N 4. C. 3-10.
- Sagach VF, Korkach YP, Kotsyuruba AV, Prysyazhnaya OD Inhibition of oxidative and nitrosative stress as a mechanism of cardio- and vasoprotective action of ecdysterone under experimental sugar diabetics . Ibid 2008 54, N 5. C. 46-54.
- Tkachenko MM, Sagach VF, Kotsyuruba AV etc. Endothelium-dependent contractile responses of vascular smooth muscle and the content of free oxygen radicals in rats as they age . Fiziol zh. 2002 48, N 4. P. 3-13.
- Tkachenko MM, Sagach VF, Kotsyuruba AV etc. Age peculiarities of changes in contractile reactions and content of free oxygen radicals and nitric oxide metabolites in BALB . c mice under conditions of being in the exclusion zone . Fiziol zh. 2005 51, N 3. P. 32-41.
- Tkachenko MM, Sagach VF, Kotsyuruba AV etc. Influence of small doses of radiation on vascular reactivity and oxidative metabolism of oxygen and nitrogen in the cardiovascular system . Fiziol zh. . 2007 13, N 1. P. 20-32.
- Maiorana B., Driseoll A., Tayler R., Green D. Exercise and the nitric oxide vasodilator system.Sports Med. 2003. 33,N 7. P.1013-1035.
- Pedersen B.K., Febbraio M.A. Muscle as an endocrine organ: focus on muscle-derived interleukin-6. Physiol. Rev. 2008 Oct;88(4):1379-406.
- Soloviev A.I., Stefanov A.V., Bazilyuk O.V., Sagach V.F. Phospholipid vesicles (liposomes) restore endothelium-dependent cholinergic relaxation in thoracic aorta from spontaneously hypertensive rats . J. Hypertension. 1993. 11. P.623-627.
- Strensberg A., Keller C, Hillig T. et. al. Nitric oxide production is a proximal signaling event controlling exercise-induced mRNA expression in skeletal muscle. FASEB J. 2007. 21, N 11. P.2683-2694.
- Sun C.M. W., Zhang M.-F., Gu J. et. al. Effects of different levels of exercise volume on endothelium-dependent vasodilatation: roles of nitric oxide synthase and heme oxygenase. Hypertens Res. 2008. 31, N 5. P.805-816.
- Tanabe T., Maeda S., Miyauchi T. et.al. Exercise training improves ageing-induced decrease in eNOS expression of the aorta .Acta Physiol. Scand. 2003. May.178 (1). P.3-10.
- Tatchum-Talom R., Schulz R. et. al Upregulation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in skeletal muscle by swim training .Amer. J. Physiol. Heart Circulat. Physiol. 2000. Oct.279 (4). H1757-H1766.