DEPENDENCE OF ACOUSTIC-MOTOR REACTION OF HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS FROM GEOMAGNETIC ACTIVITY
P. Ye. Grigoryev, L. V. Poskotinova, P. A. Tsandekov, A. M. Vaiserman
Tavricheskiy Humanitarian-Ecological Institute, Simferopol, Crimea, Ukraine
During February-April, 2008 using special computer test, a daily monitoring of simple acoustic-motor reaction was carried out in 18 healthy tested individuals. We found a significant decrease in the speed of acoustic-motor reaction the day before and the same day geomagnetic disturbance occurred, as well as the same and 2-3 days after a geomagnetic calm occurred. Presumably, either an essential increase or a decreases of geomagnetic activity are adverse factors for the functional state of a central nervous system.
ambient electromagnetic fields, geomagnetic activity, simple acoustic-motor reaction
- Belisheva N.K., Popov A.N., Petukhova N.V. et al. Qualitative and quantitative assessment of the impact of variations in the geomagnetic field on the functional state of the human brain . Biophysics. 1995. 40, No. 5. S.1005-1012.
- Belisheva N.K., Kachanova T.L. Global modulation of the psychoemotional state of a person by geocosmic agents . Coll. scientific reports. VII Int. conf. “Ecology and development of the north-west of Russia”; August 2-7, 2002 SPb, 2002. S. 110-118.
- Breus T.K., Rappoport S.I. Magnetic storms: medico-biological and geophysical aspects. M .: Sov. sport, 2003 . 192 p.
- Vorobyova E.V. Intelligence and achievement motivation: psychophysiological and psychogenetic predictors: Author's abstract. dis. ... Dr. rapsychol. sciences. Rostov-on-Don, 2007 .-- 47 p.
- Grigoriev P.E., Vladimirskaya A.B., Weiserman A.M. Relationship between the dynamics of mental states of healthy individuals with heliogeophysical factors . Tavrich. med.-biol. vestn. 2008. 11, No. 11. S. 82-88.
- Grigoriev P.E., Vladimirsky B.M. Space weather effects in terrorist activity . Geopolitics and ecogeodynamics of regions. 2007. 3, No. 1. WITH. 15-29.
- Grigoriev P.E., Poskotinova L.V., Tsandekov P.A. Dynamics of systemic reactions of the human body to heliogeophysical factors . Tavrich. med.-biol. vestn. 2008. 11, No. 4 (44). S. 124-134.
- Grigoriev P.E., Ragulskaya M.V., Gorgo Yu.P. and other Simple and systemic reactions of the body of elderly people to quasiperiodic heliogeophysical events . Izv. higher. study. institutions. Povolzhs. region. Honey. science. 2008. No. 2. S. 38-44.
- Zenchenko T.A., Frozen A.M., Beketov V.V. et al. Relationship between the dynamics of aviation events and heliophysical factors . Geopolitics and ecogeodynamics of regions. 2007. 3, N 1. S. 30-36.
- Kaibyshev M.S. Study of measurements of flight crew performance under geomagnetic disturbances. In the book: The sun, electricity, life. M .: Publishing house MOIP, 1976. S. 31-33.
- Karanina T.N., Skugarevsky A.F., Viev V.G. The ratio of geomagnetic activity to the course of epilepsy . Zhurn. neuropathology and psychiatry. 1969. N 2. WITH. 146-147.
- Kitaev N.N., Parkhomov V.A. On the possible correlation of the actions of serial killers for sexual motives with geophysical factors . Vestn. IGEA. 2001. No. 3 (28). S.49-57.
- Mustelle E.R. The method of superposition of epochs . Bul. scientific. inform. fstronom. Council of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. 1968. N 10. C8.
- Novikova K.F., Gnevyshev M.N., Tokareva N.V. et al. Influence of solar activity on morbidity and mortality from myocardial infarction . Cardiology. 1968. No 4. C. 109-112.
- Pankratova Zh.K., Buzainsky V.M., Pobutsky O.E. The influence of a constant magnetic field on the conductivity of the nerve fiber. In the book: Mechanisms of the action of magnetic and electromagnetic fields on biological systems of various levels of organization. Rostov-on-Don, 1989. S.78.
- L.V. Rudavina Regularities of the influence of heliogeophysical factors on mental pathology according to the data of clinical observations over two 11-year solar activity cycles. In the book: Advances in psychiatry, neurology, neurosurgery and narcology . Ed. P.I. Kutko, P.T. Petryuk. X., 1996. T. 3. C. 325-326.
- Ryzhikov G.V., Raevskaya O.S. Influence of the geomagnetic field on some indicators of mental activity . Psychol. zhurn. 1982. No. 6. S. 73-75.
- Temuryants N.A. Nervous and humoral mechanisms of anti-stress action of weak alternating magnetic fields of extremely low frequencies . Magnitology. 1992. No. 1. S. 16-21.
- Temuryants N.A., Martynyuk B.C., Malygina V.P. The state of the sympathoadrenal system under the isolated action of an ultralow frequency alternating magnetic field and combined with hypokinesia . Physics of the Living. 2007. 15, No. 2. S. 40-48.
- Kholodov Yu.A. Methods of using magnetic fields in medicine and ways of impact of these fields on the body . Magnetology. 1991. No. 1. S.6-11.
- Alania M.V., Gil A., Modzelewska R. On statistical relationship of solar, geomagnetic and human activities . Adv. Space Res. 2004. 34, N 7. P. 1602-1606.
- Kavaliers M., Hirst M., Terkey G.C. Ageing, opioid analgesia and the pineal gland . Life Sci. 1983. N 32. P. 2279-2287.
- Kay R.W. Geomagnetic Storms: Association with Incidence of Depression as Measures by Hospital Admission . Brit. J. Psychiatry. 1994. N 164. P. 403-409.
- Nakagawa M., Kyoichi M. Magnetic Field Deficiency Syndrome and Magnetic Treatment . Jap. Med. J. 1975. N 2745. P. 31-40.
- Olcese J., Reuss S., Vollrath L. Evidence for the involvement of the visual system in mediating magnetic field effects on pineal melatonin system in the rat . Brain Res. 1985. N 333. P. 382-384.
- Persinger M.A. Wars and increased solar- geomagnetic activity: aggression or change in intraspecies dominance? . Perceptual and Motor Skills. 1999. N 88. P.1351-1355.
- Persinger M.A. Weak-to-moderate correlations between global geomagnetic activity and reports of diminished pleasantness: a nonspecific source for multiple behavioral correlates? . Percept Mot Skills. 2004. 98, N 1. P.78-80.
- Stoupel E. Cardiac arrhythmia and geomagnetic activity . Indian Pacing Electrophysiol. J. 2006. 6, N 1. P.49-53.