A/b-interferon effects on electrophoretic mobility of murine T lymphocytes
E.V. Dolgaya, N.M. Zholobak, N.Ya. Spivak, I.S. Magura
- O.O. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- D.K. Zabolotny Institute of microbiology and virusologyNational Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
a/b-Interferon (a/b-IFN)-induced early changes in the elec-trophoretic mobility (EPM) of murine splenic T lymphocytes were studied by the microelectrophoresis technique. It has been found that a/b-IFN- treated T lymphocytes have a greater EPM than control cells within first hours of a/b-IFN addition. This change in EPM depends on the concentration of б/в-IFN in the medium and the duration of a/b-IFN interaction with the cells. It is concluded that the a/b-IFN-treated cells have a greater net negative charge of the cell surface than control cells.
- Belotsky SM., Spivak N.Ya. Interferons: biological and clinical effects. K .: Fito-sotsiotsentr, 2006. 288 p.
- Vikhrev DV, Zhuravel VA, Stukova N.Yu. Effectiveness of monitoring of changes of immunological homeostasis at infectious diseases by a method of free distributive cellular electrophoresis . Med. immunology. 2001. 3, N 2. p. 216.
- Greenstein SV, Kost OA Structural and functional features of membrane proteins. Uspekhi biol. chemistry. 2001. 41. P.77-104.
- Dolgaya EV, Mironov SL, Pogorelaya NH Investigations of the surface charge of neurons in the spinal ganglia of rats using the method of microelectrophoresis . Neurophysiology. 1984. 16, N 2. p. 176-182.
- Dolgaya EV, Krylova IV, Rozhmanova OM Changes in the electrophoretic mobility of mouse T lymphocytes under the influence of concanavalin A . Biol. membranes. 1991. 8, N 7. P.755-762.
- Ershov FI, Novokhatsky AS Interferon and its inducers. M .: Meditsina, 1980. 176 p.
- Ershov FI The interferon system is normal and in pathology. M .: Meditsina, 1996. 240 p.
- Lazarenko LN, Spivak NY, Mikhailenko OM etc. Production of interferons in peripheral blood cells. In the book: Papillomavirus infection and the interferon system. K .: Phytosociocenter, 2008. 288 p.
- Miroshnikov FI, Fomenkov VM, Ivanov A.Yu. Electrophysical analysis and cell division. M .: Nauka, 1986. 184 p.
- Petrov RV, Ataullakhanov RI Membrane biochemistry. Book 9. Cell membranes and immunity. M .: Higher. school, 1991. 144 p.
- Rozhmanova OM, Dolgaya EV, Stelmakh LN Influence of IFN a on cells of human embryonic nervous tissue in the early stages of neurogenesis . Neurophysiology. 2004. 36, N 5-6. p.363-369.
- Hunt C. Isolation of lymphocytes and helper cells. In the book: Lymphocytes. Methods . Ed. J. Klaus: Per. with English M .: Mir, 1990. P.15-68.
- Eckert R. Cell division of the immune system. In the book: Immunological methods . Ed. Frimel G .: Per. with him. M .: Mir, 1987. p. 226-253.
- Ashman R. Activation of lymphocytes. In the book: Immunology: In 3 vols. Vol. 1. . Ed. Paul W: Per. with. English M .: Mir, 1987. S.414-469.
- Branca A.A., Baglioni C. Evidence that types I and II interferons have different receptors . Nature. 1981. 294, N 5843. P.768-770.
- Branca A.A., D'Alessandro S.B., Baglioni C. Internalization and degradation of human alpha-A interferon bound to bovine MDBK . J. Interferon Res. 1983. 3,N 4. P.465-471.
- Chang E.H., Jay F.T., Friedman R.M. Physical, morphological, and biochemical alterations in the membrane of AKR mouse cells after interferon treatment . Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 1978. 75,N 4. P.1859-1863.
- Friedman R.M. Interferon action and the cell surface . Pharmacol. Ther. A 2. 1978. P.425-438.
- James A.M. Molecular aspects of biological surfaces . Chem. Soc. Rev. 1979. 8, N 3 P. 389-418.
- Knight Jr. E., Korant B.D. A cell surface alteration in mouse L cells induced by interferon. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1977. 74, N 2. P.707-713.
- Latorre R., Labarca P., Naranjo D. Surface charge effects on ion conduction in ion channels. Methods Enzymol. 1992. 207. P.471-501.
- Mehrishi J. N., Bauer J. Electrophoresis of cells and the biological relevance of surface charge . Electrophoresis. 2002. 23, N 13 P.1984-1994.
- Zhang P.C., Keleshian A.M., Sachs F. Voltage-induced membrane movement. Nature. 2001. 413, N 6854. P.428-432.
- Zoon K.C., Arnheiter H., Zur Nedden D. et al. Human interferon alpha enters cells by receptor-mediated endocytosis. Virology. 1983. 130, N 1. P.195-203.