THE CONDITION OF T- AND B-CELLS SPECIFIC IMMUNITY IN DOGS WITH BREAST TUMORS
N.А. Broda1, О.І. Vishchur1, A.R. Mysak2, Y.Т. Salyha1, I.О. Matiukha3, D.І. Mudrak1, M.B. Masyuk1, K.B. Smolianinov1
- Institute of animal biology NAAS, Lviv, Ukraine
- Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies, Lviv, Ukraine
- PrJSC Enzym Company
The purpose of the research was to determine the activity of Tand B-cell specific protection in dogs 9–13 years old age with
benign and malignant tumors of the mammary glands to assess
the level of immune response to the pathological process.
Assessment of the activity of cellular factors of immunity has
been carried out by determining the number of T-lymphocytes
and their subpopulations and B-lymphocytes in the peripheral
blood of dogs in the reaction of spontaneous rosette formation
with ram erythrocytes. The clinical classification and
determination of the stage of breast tumors were carried
out according to the TNM system. The studies have shown
that the occurrence of breast tumor diseases in dogs has a
significant effect on the activity of T- and B-cellular link
of specific immunity mechanisms, especially the number
of T-lymphocytes and their populations in animals with
malignant neoplasia. In particular, in the blood of animals with
malignant neoplasia of the mammary glands, the number of Tlymphocytes (common and, especially, theophylline resistant)
decreases accompanied with an increase in the number of
T-suppressors, which is an important criterion for predicting
the course of the disease. These changes in the number of Tlymphocytes in the blood of dogs of the experimental groups
have led to a decrease in the amount of immunoregulatory
index, which indicates a decrease in lymphocytic activity.
In the blood of dogs with malignant neoplasia, a tendency to
increase the number of antigenic-dependent B-lymphocytes
has been shown. Similar changes, only of a lesser extent, are
also have been demonstrated in the blood of dogs with benign
breast neoplasia. Thus, the results of the research showed
that the development of mammary gland tumors in dogs was
accompanied by an immunosuppressive effect on the specific
defense mechanisms, especially the T-cell link of the immune
response in animals with malignant neoplasms.
dogs; breast tumors; T- and B-lymphocytes; immunological research; blood.
- Bidyuk DM. Methodical instructions for a practical lesson for students of the III year of the medical faculty of the basics of clinical oncology. Lviv. 2019; 20 p. [Ukrainian].
- Gargiulo G. Next-generation in vivo modeling of human cancers. Front. Oncol. 2018 Oct; 8(art 429):1-18.
- Garden OA, Volk SW, Mason NJ, Perry JA. Companion animals in comparative oncology: One Medicine in action. Vet J. 2018; 240:6-13.
- Willmann M, Hadzijusufovic E, Hermin O, Dacasto M, et al. Comparative oncology: The paradigmatic example of canine and human mast cell neoplasms. Vet Comp Oncol. 2019; 17(1):1-10.
- Ivashkiv BB, Mysak AR, Homyn NM, Pricak VV. Monitoring of spontaneous neoplasy distribution in dogs in the conditions of Lviv and in the suburban area of the regional center. Sci J Vet Med. 2019; 2:97-104. [Ukrainian].
- Mamchuk NA. Monitoring tumor diseases of small animals. Sci Tech. Bull. of SSRCIVMPFA and IAB. Scientific and technical bulletin of state scientific research control institute of veterinary medical products and fodder additives and institute of animal biology. 2008; 9(3):184-
- Vasetska AI. Sonographic diagnosis of changes in dog's reproductive organs and mammary gland after use contraception. Problems of zooengineering and veterinary medicine: a collection of the Kharkiv State Zooveterinary Academy. 2016; 32(2):52-3. [Ukrainian].
- Prykhodko DO, Ponomarenko VP. The content of progesterone and estradiol in the blood of cats with pyometra. Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. The series: Veterinary Medicine. 2013; 2(32):153-5. [Ukrainian].
- Berezovskyi AV, Kharenko MI, Khomyn SP. Physiology and pathology of reproduction of small animals. Publishing House «Polissya». ISBN 978-966-655-851-3. 2017. [Ukrainian].
- De Nardo DG, Brennan DJ, Rexhepaj E, Ruffell BB, et al. Leukocyte complexity predicts breast cancer survival and functionally regulates response to chemotherapy. Cancer Dis. 2011; 1 (1):54-67.
- Fang H, DeClerck YA. Targeting the tumor microenvironment: from understanding pathways to effective clinical trials. Cancer Res. 2013; 73(16):4965-77.
- Kroemer G, Senovilla L, Galluzzi L, Andre F, Zitvogel L. Natural and therapy-induced immunosurveillance in breast cancer. Nat Med. 2015; 21(10):1128-35.
- Stanton SE, Adams S, Disis ML. Variation in the incidence and magnitude of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer subtypes: A Systematic Review. JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2(10):1354-60.
- Broda NA. Species and age characteristics of tumor diseases of small domestic animals. Sci J Vet Med. 2010; 12(2(1)):24-7. [Ukrainian].
- Broda NA. Humoral factors of the body's protection in dogs with tumors of the mammary glands. Exp Clin Physiol Biochem. 2009, 4:50-3. [Ukrainian].
- Broda NA, Vishchur OI, Ratskyy MI, Leshovska NM. The number of immune complexes in the blood of dogs with tumors of the mammary glands. Fiziol Zh. 2014; 60(3S):208. [Ukrainian].
- Owen LN. TNM Classification of Tumours in Domestic Animals. Geneva: World Health Organisation. 1980.
- Jondal M, Holm G, Wigrell A. Surface marcers on human T and B lymphocytes. I. A large population of lymphocytes forming nonimmune rosettes with scheep red blood cells. J Exp Med. 1972; 36(2):207-15.
- Goralskyj LP, Homych VT, Kononskyj OI. The main base of histological techniques and morphological methods in normal and pathological conditions. Zhytomyr: «Polissja». 2015. [Ukrainian].
- Misdorp WE, Else R, Hellmen E, Lipscomb T. Histological classification of mammari tumors of the dog and cat (2nd series). Armed Forces Inst. Pathol. in cooperation with Amer. Registry of Pathol. and World Health Organization Collaborating Center for World Reference on Compar. Oncol. Washington DC. 1999; 58 p.
- Petrovska I, Salyha Yu, Vudmaska I. Statistical methods in biological research: educational and methodological manual. Kyiv: Agrarian Science. 2022. [Ukrainian].
- Abbas AK, Lichtman AH, Pillay S. Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System: 6th Edition. Publishing house: «Medicine», manual. ISBN: 978- 617-505-808-4 (9786175058084). 2020. [Ukrainian].
- Rekalova E.M, Panasyukova OR, Matvienko YA, Grabchenko NI, Yasyr SG, Singaievskyi MB, Strafun OV, Kulik MI. Special features of systemic immunity in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease depending of smoking status. Asthma Allergy. 2016; 2:21-8. [Ukrainian].
- Hrushko VV. Comparative characteristics of the results of using ademetionine and its remote effects on cellular immunity parameters in highly skilled athletes and in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Achievements Clin Exp Med. 2018; 4:75-80. [Ukrainian].
- Kuznetsovoi LV, Babadzhana VD, Kharchenko NV, editors. Immunology. National textbook for medical universities of IV accreditation level and medical faculties of universities. Vinnytsia TOV «Merkyuri-Podillya». 2013; 565 r. [Ukrainian].
- Whiteside TI, Herberman RB. Extravasation of antitumor effector cells. Invasive Metastasis. 1992; 19:128.
- Fontenot JD, Gavin MA, Rudensky AY. Foxp3 programs the development and function of CD4+ CD25+ regulatory T cells. Nat. Immunol. 2003; 4:330-6.