FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM AND STRESS RESISTANCE OF INDIVIDUALS WITH DIFFERENT HEAT SENSITIVITY
S.N. Vadzyuk, V.O. Huk, P.S. Tabas
I.Ya. Horbachevsky Ternopil National Medical University of the Ukrainian Ministry of Public Health, Ukraine
Global warming affects people’s daily life, reduces endurance
and work capacity. The purpose of our study is to investigate
the functional capabilities of the circulatory system, adaptation
potential and stress resistance of individuals with different
heat sensitivity. To evaluate the activity of the cardiovascular
system, an echocardiographic examination was performed. The
reserve capabilities of the heart and the economy of its work
were determined using the Robinson index and the Roufier test.
Resistance to hypoxia was determined using the Stange and
Genchi tests. The degree of oxygen assimilation was evaluated
according to the values of maximum oxygen consumption.
Cardiorespiratory fitness was determined based on the results
of the Rufier test. Adaptation potential was established according to Baevsky’s method. Stress resistance was assessed by
determining the response index of the cardiovascular system to psycho-emotional stress. It was established that in people with
lower heat sensitivity, the activity of the cardiovascular system
is more optimal and more economical and its reserve capacity
is greater, compared to higher sensitivity individuals, in which
the intensity of its work in an uneconomical mode is increased
and the reserve potential is limited. Shorter breath retention
time on inhalation and exhalation, respectively, in persons with
higher sensitivity to heat indicates a worse oxygen supply to
the body. Also, they have a poor ability to absorb oxygen and
lower cardiorespiratory efficiency. The predominance of stress
adaptation mechanisms and lower stress resistance were also
revealed. Thus, our results show that individuals with a higher
sensitivity to heat are particularly vulnerable to the negative
effects of global warming, which should be taken into account
for the prevention of cardiovascular and heat diseases in them
in the future.
global warming; levels of heat sensitivity; cardiovascular system; cardiorespiratory efficiency; oxygen absorption; adaptation potential; stress resistance.
- Rossati A. Global Warming and Its Health Impact. Int J Occup Environ Med. 2017 Jan;8(1):7-20.
- Wilson L, New S, Daron J, Golding N. Climate Change Impacts for Ukraine. Met Office. 2021:34.
- Hlazkov EO. Adaptive possibilities of the cardiovascular system of the students in the process of studying at a higher educational institution. Bukovin Med Herald. 2013;17(2):25-9.
- Jacobsen AP, Khiew YC, Duffy E, O'Connell J, Brown E, Auwaerter PG, Blumenthal RS, Schwartz BS, McEvoy JW. Climate change and the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Am J Cardiol. 2022;12:100391.
- Pluess M. Individual differences in environmental sensitivity. Child Dev Perspect. 2015;9(3):138-43.
- Rudenko OV, Bohuta YuH, Myalyuk OP, Marushchak MI. Assessing the impact of the climate on human health. Nursing. 2016;(3):4-6.
- Pеriard JD, Racinais S, Sawka MN. Adaptations and mechanisms of human heat acclimation: applications for competitive athletes and sports. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2015;25(1):20-38.
- Pеriard JD, Cramer MN, Chapman PG, Caillaud C, Thompson MW. Cardiovascular strain impairs prolonged self-paced exercise in the heat. Exp Physiol. 2011 Feb;96(2):134-44.
- Vadzyuk SN, Kharkovska TV, Huk VO, Dzhyvak VH, Papinko IYa, Nikitina IM. Prognostic criteria for the selection of individuals with different heat sensitivity. Wiad Lek. 2022;75(5):1370-5.
- Wei Y, Wu J, Huang J, Liu X, Han D, An L, Yu H. Declining oxygen level as an emerging concern to global cities. Environ Sci Technol. 2021;55(12): 7808-17.
- Voznyy SS, Malyarenko ІV. Methods of determining the physical capacity of athletes: Methodical recommendations. Kherson: KhSU. 2020.
- Apanasenko HL, Popova LA, Mahlovanyi AV. Sanology (medical aspects of valeology): a textbook for doctorsstudents of institutions (faculties) of postgraduate education. Lviv: PP «Kvart». 2011.
- Guo Y, Bian J, Li Q, Leavitt T, Rosenberg EI, Buford TW, Smith MD, Vincent HK, Modave F. A 3-minute test of cardiorespiratory fitness for use in primary care clinics. PLoS One. 2018 Jul 30;13(7):e0201598.
- Alahmari KA, Rengaramanujam K, Reddy RS, Samuel PS, Kakaraparthi VN, Ahmad I, Tedla JS. Cardiorespiratory fitness as a correlate of cardiovascular, anthropometric, and physical risk factors: using the ruffier test as a template. Can Respir J. 2020 Sep 8;2020:3407345.
- Malikov MV, Bogdanovska NV,Boichenko CYu. Changes in the structural and functional organization of the heart under the influence of systematic physical loads. Fiziol Zh. 2020;66(5):23-9.
- Kovalyova AV, Shkopinskiy EO, Kovalyova OV. The heart rate dynamics at unexercised persons of young age (17-24 years old) during graduated exercise under the influence of low-frequent electric current. Top Issues Biol, Ecol, Chem. 2009;2:56-63.
- Sokol AP, Usova OV,Grynevich OР. Functional features central circulation in athletes engaged in various sports. Top Issues Biol, Ecol, Chem. 2014;8(2):111-22.
- Grygus IM, Starikov VS, Yevtukh MI. Assessment of functional reserve capabilities of the body and improvement of students' physical capacity. Physical culture, sport and health of the nation: coll. of science works. 2016;(1):51-6.
- Nechytaіlo DYu, Miheeva TM, Kovtyuk NI. Peculiarities of functional test of the cardiovascular system in children with increased level of arterial pressure. Bukovin Med Herald. 2019;23(4):92.
- Sosnowskiy VV, Pastukhova VA. Adaptation of human organism to hypoxia. Herald of Cherkasy Univ. Ser Biol Sci. 2017;1:97-106.
- Kodama S, Saito K, Tanaka S, Maki M, Yachi Y, Asumi M, et al. Cardiorespiratory fitness as a quantitative predictor of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events in healthy men and women: a meta-analysis. JAMA. 2009;301:2024-35.
- Apanasenko GL, Popova LA. Medical valueology. Kyiv: Health. 1998.
- Sulyma A, Bohuslavska V, Furman Y, Galaman Y, Doroshenko E, Pityn M. Effectiveness of the application of the endogenous-hypoxic breathing technique in the physical training of the qualified field hockey players. JPES. 2017;17(4):2553-60.
- Pasichnichenko АV. Stress resistance as a subject of scientific analysis. Humanitarian space of science: experience and prospects: Proceedings of the XXII International scientific and practical internet conference; 2021 Febr 15; Pereyaslav-Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine. 2021. p. 163-4.
- Vadzyuk SN, Sas BB, Ratynska OM, Tkachuk SS. Features of psycho-emotional state in people with different stress resistance. Fiziol Zh. 2022;68(2):92-7.