Influence of biologically active substances on synthesis function and cellular destruction of hepatocytes in vitro
A.V. Shkuropat1,2, V.A. Shvets1, I.V. Golovchenko1, Ya.M. Prosiannikova1
- Kherson State University, Ukraine
- PI “Kherson Academy of Continuing Education”, Ukraine
The aim of the study was to reveal the effect of biologically active substances on the synthesis activity and
cellular destruction of hepatocytes in vitro. Liver sections were prepared for investigation and placed in
culture vials with DMEM nutrient medium with 15% calf serum, glucose, and antibiotics (streptomycin and
penicillin). Liver sections were incubated for 14 days with interleukin-2 (roncoleukin) at a concentration of
5000 IU/ml and 7500 IU/ml, and erythropoietin (epobiocrine, “Biopharma”, USA) at a concentration of
13 IU/ml (high concentration), 6.5 IU/ml (medium concentration) and 1.3 IU/ml (low concentration) and
without stimulation (control cultures). Synthesis activity and cellular destruction of hepatocytes were studied
by determining the protein content, alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase activity in
the supernatant of liver organ cultures on the 7th and 14th days of incubation. It was found that culturing
organotypic cultures with IL-2 did not affect the synthesis function of hepatocytes, but reduced aspartate
aminotransferase activity throughout the culture period. At a concentration of 7500 IU/ml IL-2 showed a
weak hepatotoxic effect. It was found that erythropoietin at a medium concentration had a hepatoprotective
effect, at a high concentration it suppressed the synthesis activity of hepatocytes and contributed to the
destruction of the cytoplasmic membrane of cells. At low concentrations, erythropoietin increased the
synthesis activity of liver cells but caused an increase in the activity of aminotransferases, this may indicate
both mass cell death and intensification of amino acid transamination processes. It was established that
interleukin and its inhibitor cause biological effects when incubated with organotypic cultures.
interleukin-2; erythropoietin; organ cultures of the liver; biochemical parameters of the liver
- Mazur HM, Merlavsky VM, Manko BO, Manko VV. mPTP opening differently affects electron transport chain and oxidative phosphorylation at succinate and NAD-dependent substrates oxidation in permeabilized rat hepatocytes. Ukr Biochem J. 2020; 92(4): 14-23.
- Iwakiri YI, Groszmann RJ. The hyperdynamic circulation of chronic liver diseases: from the patient to the molecule. Hepatology. 2006; 43(2 Suppl 1):122-31.
- Handa P, Kowdley KV. Chemokines: potent mediators of hepatic inflammation and fibrosis in chronic liver diseases. Ann Hepatol. 2014; 13(1):152-4.
- Golovchenko I, Bodnar A, Chaban I, Minenko O. Features of changes in enzymes of aminotansferrase in blood of women 18-21 years under conditions of use of different fitness species. Bull Chernihiv State Pedagog Inst Named after T. Shevchenko. Ser Pedagog Sci Phys Educat Sports. 2017;147(1):79-85.
- Wang Y, Zhang A, Ye Z, Xie H, Zheng S. Bone marrowderived mesenchymal stem cells inhibit acute rejection of rat liver allografts in association with regulatory T-cell expansion. Transplant Proc. 2009;41(10): 4352-6.
- Pallett LJ, Davies J, Colbeck EJ, Robertson F, Hansi N, Easom NJW, et al. IL-2 high tissue-resident T cells in the human liver: Sentinels for hepatotropic infection. J Exp Med. 2017;214(6):1567-80.
- Eliopoulos N, Zhao J, Forner K, Birman E, Young YK, Bouchentouf M. Erythropoietin gene-enhanced marrow mesenchymal stromal cells decrease cisplatin-induced kidney injury and improve survival of allogeneic mice. Mol Ther. 2011;19(11):2072-83.
- Golovchenko IV, Hayday MI. Correlation indices of cerebral hemodinamics and electricalactivity in children with impaired motor skills. Fiziol Zh. 2016;62(1):74-82.
- Shkuropat AV. Coherent relations in EEGs of adolescents with partial hearing loss underconditions of an orthostatic test. Neurophysiology. 2018; 50(5), 365-71.
- Golovchenko І, Shkuropat А. Features of electrolyte exchange in the blood of women 18-21 years old in the conditions of using different types of fitness. Sci Bull Natl Sci (Biol Sci). 2020;28:33-43.
- Golovchenko IV, Shkuropat AV. Features of cerebral circulation under conditions of motor and sensor deprivation. Fiziol Zh. 2020; 66(4):30-6.
- Herr F, Lemoine R, Gouilleux F, Meley D, Kazma I, Heraud A, Velge-RousselF, Baron Chr, Lebranchu Y. IL-2 phosphorylates STAT5 to drive IFN-γproduction and activation of human dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2014;192(12): 5660-70.
- Shvets V, Shkuropat A, Prosiannikova Y, Golovchenko I. Effect of Interleukin-2 on the humoral link of immunity during physical activity. J Physic Educ Sport. 2020;20(Suppl Iss 6): 3153-9.
- Shvets VA, Shkuropat AV. Effect of interleukin-2 on antioxidant system and lipid peroxidation during physical activity. Cherkasy Univ Bull: Biol Sci Ser. 2020;2: 107-15. [Ukrainian].
- Maksymenko O, Shkuropat A, Hasiuk O. Biological effect of erytropoetine in different concentrations on the cell culture. Ukr Zh Med Biol Sport. 2017;4(6):185-8. [Ukrainian].
- Golovchenko IV, Gayday NI. Spatial patterns of correlations between amplitudes of the main EEG rhythms in children in the norm and with central disorders of motor activity. Neurophysiology. 2015;47(6): 459-71.