State of endothelial function, lipid spectrum and features of coronary vessels structure of rats with obesity and insulin resistance under iodine deficiency conditions
T.V. Todoriv1, M.M. Bagriy2, N.M. Voronych-Semchenko1
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine
- Institute of the Pathology and Cytology, Clinik of Medical School of Brandenburg, Neuruppin,
The aim of the study was to investigate the changes of endothelin-1 content, blood lipid spectrum parameters,
structural features of coronary vessels of rats with insulin resistance and obesity under conditions of adequate
iodine supply and iodine deficiency. For the modeling of insulin resistance, rats were kept on high-fructose,
obesity – high-calorie, iodine deficiency – iodine deficiency diets. It was found that the development of
insulin resistance, obesity and iodine deficiency was accompanied by an increase of endothelin-1 level in
2.41, 2.31 times and at 80.17% in blood serum, relative to the data in intact animals. Insulin resistance and
obesity under conditions of limited iodine supply leads to the significant changes in endothelial dysfunction
(increase in the level of endothelin-1 in 3.02 and 2.50 times relative to control and at 67.38 and 39.40% –
relative to mono iodine deficiency) and dyslipidemia (increase in the atherogenic factor at 48.08% –
4.20 times relative to isolated insulin resistance, obesity and iodine deficiency). Such changes were consistent
with the structural violations. In insulin-resistant animals focal unevenness of the outer and inner contours,
their uneven thickness, areas of homogeneous enlightenment were observed under the conditions of iodine
deficiency in the arterioles and minor arteries of the myocardium. In obese animals under the conditions
of iodine deficiency, the vessels of the microcirculatory bed were dilated and overflown with erythrocytes.
Endotheliocytes with nuclei elongated along the wall, in some places there is a swelling of the cytoplasm
of endotheliocytes. In the wall of minor arteries there are transparent vacuoles, areas of homogeneous
eosinophilia, which are caused by the accumulation of glycoproteins. Thus, the development of insulin
resistance and obesity in iodine deficiency is accompanied by more significant changes in endothelial
function and an increase in proatherogenic fractions in the blood lipid spectrum, as evidenced by changes
in the structural organization of myocardial vessels than with proper iodine supply.
endothelin-1; blood lipid spectrum; obesity; insulin resistance; iodine deficiency; cardiovascular system.
- Pavlov SV, Burlaka KA. Modern molecular-genetic markers in diagnostics and screening of efficiency of cardiovascular diseases therapy of cardiovascular system. Bull Probl Biol Med. 2018;2(144):49-55. [Ukranian].
- Nascimento B, Brant L, Moraes D, Ribeiro A. Global health and cardiovascular disease. Ukr J Cardiol. 2015;4:123-33. [Ukranian].
- Zupanets IA, Shebeko SK, Otrishko IA. Study of the drug "Kapikor" influence on the endothelial dysfunction in rats with doxorubicin cardiomyopathy. Ukr Biopharma J. 2017;2(49):27-32. [Ukranian].
- Sirchak YS, Griga VI, Petrichko OI, Oleksyk OT, Pichkar YI. Endothelial dysfunction and intestinal dysbiosis in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ukr J Med Biol Sport. 2020;1(23):192-8. [Ukranian].
- Luchytskyi YeV, Sokolova LK, Luchytskyi VYe, Belchina YB, Zubkova GA, Cherviakova SA, Rybalchenko VM, Pushkarev VV, Vatseba TS, Skladanna II, Pushkarev VM. The level of endothelin1 and testosterone in the blood of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Endocrinol. 2020;25(4):291-6. [Ukranian].
- Mogilevskyy SYu, Panchenko YuO, Ziablitsev SV. Correlation of serum endothelin-1 with relapses of surgical treatment of diabetic maculopathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Cl Endo Endocrine Surger. 2019;3(67):34-42. [Ukranian].
- Shuprovych AA. Violation of uric acid metabolism in rats with experimental insulin resistant syndrome induced by fructose. Physiol Zh. 2011;57(1):72-81. [Ukranian].
- Todoriv TV. Correlation of the blood lipid spectrum indexes, essential bioelements of blood and body weight under the condition of experimental obesity. Exp Cl Physiol Biochem. 2018;2(82):43-8. [Ukranian].
- Hlozhyk I, Strokosh T, Voronych-Semchenko N. Microelement status in rats under iodine deficiency and insulin resistance. TEKA Arch Commis Med Sci. 2017;5(1):67-72.
- Dunn J, Grutchfield H, Gutekunst R. Two simple methods for measuring iodine in urine. Thyroid. 1993;3:119-23.
- Bagriy MM, Dibrova VA. Methods of morphological research:monograph; 2016.
- Sokolova LK, Pushkarev VM, Pushkarev VV, Kovzun OI, Tronko MD. Diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis. The role of inflammatory processes in pathogenesis. Int J Endocrinol. 2017;13(7):486-98.
- Antonyshyn IV. Relationship between carbohydrate and lipid metabolism violations and the tumor necrosis factor- alpha levels in experimental alimentary obesity. Med Cl Chemi. 2015;17(2):80-3. [Ukranian].
- Yuzvenko TYu, Pankiv VI, Singh K, Chandanvir Saini. Relationship between glycemic metabolism and hypothyroidism in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Cl Endo Endocrine Surger. 2020;4(72):21-7. [Ukranian].