The features of metabolism and structural organization of dental system under conditions of experimental insulin resistance
S.P. Guranych1, М.М. Bagriy2, T.V. Guranych1, N.М. Voronych-Semchenko1
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine
- Institute of the Pathology and Cytology, Clinik of Medical School of Brandenburg, Neuruppin,Germany
Peculiarities of calcium homeostasis, the activity of energy synthesis enzymes and structural organization
of the dental system in rats under conditions of insulin resistance were analyzed. It was found that impaired
glucose tolerance is manifested by a decreased mineralizing ability of hard tissues of alveolar processes
and teeth, accompanied by a decrease in calcium content in erythrocyte mass and alveolar processes and
an increase in acid phosphatase activity in blood serum. In rats with insulin resistance a decrease in the
activity of lactate- and succinate dehydrogenase was detected. Degenerative changes were observed in the
bone thickness of the dental area of insulin resistant rats, which were accompanied by the development of
hypercellularity of the osteogenic layer of periosteum. Reactive changes in the tooth pulp were manifested by
a decrease in the area of its loose connective tissue. Hyperplastic changes with the formation of unexpressed
acanthotic bands developed in the oral mucosa of experimental animals, the thickness of the basal and
granular layers increased against the background of a decrease in the prickle layer of epitheliocytes. In
experimental group we observed a decrease in the nuclear cytoplasmic index and an increase in keratin
formation in the epithelium. A narrowing of the lumen of capillaries and arterioles of the dental area,
hyperplasia of endothelial cells and an increased accumulation of glycoproteins, especially in small arteries,
were also detected in experimental group. Thus, altered carbohydrate metabolism leads to the metabolic
changes of teeth supporting apparatus and oral mucosa, aggravating the course of insulin resistance with
the development of dental system pathology.
insulin resistance; dental system; metabolic processes; morphology.
- Maslianko VA, Pashkovska NV, Pavlovych LB, Olenovych OA, Iliushyna AA, Moroziuk YaV. Insulin resistance as a possible factor in the development of gestational diabetes mellitus in women with excess body weight. Int End J 2013;6(54). [Ukrainian].
- Shamima Akter, Masafumi Eguchi, Takeshi Kochi, Isamu Kabe, Akiko Nanri, Tetsuya Mizoue. Association of serum calcium and phosphate concentrations with glucose metabolism markers: The furukawa nutrition and health study. Nutrients. 5;12(8):2344.
- Raisingani M, Preneet B, Kohn B, Yakar S. Skeletal growth and bone mineral acquisition in type 1 diabetic children; abnormalities of the GH/IGF-1 axis. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2017;34:13-21.
- Kannikar Wongdee, Nateetip Krishnamra, Narattaphol Charoenphandhu. Derangement of calcium metabolism in diabetes mellitus: negative outcome from the synergy between impaired bone turnover and intestinal calcium absorption. J Physiol Sci. 2017;67:71-81.
- Kimak HB, Melnychuk HM. The influence of complex treatment on the indicators of carbohydrate exchange in young aged patients with generalized periodontitis. Clin Exp Pathol. 2018;17(1:63):56-60. [Ukrainian].
- Antonyshyn IV, Marushchak MI, Brzhyskyi AV. Histological changes of white rats dental hard tissues during alimentary obesity. Word Med Biol. 2015;2(49):70-3. [Ukrainian].
- Bila AY, Krasnoselskyy MV, Gramatyuk SM. The state of bioenergy metabolism and antioxidant enzymes in patients with breast cancer. Bull Probl Biol Med. 2015;4(2):77-80. [Ukrainian].
- Onopchenko OV, Kosiakova GV, Goridko TM, Klimashevsky VM, Hula NM. The effect of N-stearoylethanolamine on liver phospholipid composition of rats with insulin resistance caused by alimentary obesity. Ukr Biochem J. 2014;86(1):101-10.
- Shuprovych AA. Violation of uric acid metabolism in rats with experimental insulin resistant syndrome induced by fructose. Fiziol Zh. 2011;57(1):72-81. [Ukrainian].
- Guranuch TV, Bagrii MM, Voronych-Semchenko NM. Structural changes of myocardium and liver in rats with thyroid hypofunction against the background of combine iodine and copper deficit. Sci Bull Uzhhorod Univ. 2014;1(49):6-10. [Ukrainian].
- Pankiv VI. State of mineral density of bone tissue of women in postmenopausal period with primary hypothyroidism. Clin Exp Pathol. 2016;15(1):104-10. [Ukrainian]. 12. Matolych UD. Variations of the healing of bone wounds posttraumatic osteomyelitis of mandible. Med Hydrol Reabil. 2013;11(2):37-9. [Ukrainian].
- Bagrii MM, Dibrova VA. Methods of morphological examinations. Vinnytsia: Nova knyha. 2016:328. [Ukrainian].
- Dvorshchenko K. Enzymatic activity of succinate dehydrogenase in mitochondria of mucosal cells of the stomach and hepatocytes of rats under conditions of an experimental ulcer. Biology. 2008;52-53:30-1. [Ukrainian].
- Zamorskii II, Bukataru YS, Lenga EL, Kolisnyk SV, Altukhov OO. Screening of derivatives of 2-(benzoyilamino) (1-r-2-oxoindolin-3-ylidene) acetic acid under the conditions of acute hypobaric hypoxia. Sci J "ScienceRise: Pharmaceut Sci". 2017;2(6):9-13. [Ukrainian].