THE CONTENT OF INTERLEUKIN-10 IN THE SUPERNATANTS OF IMMUNOCOMPETENT CELLS IN PATIENTS WITH VARIOUS FORMS OF CORONARY HEART DISEASE
N.O. Ryzhkova1, T.I. Gavrilenko1, L.V. Yakushko1, O.M. Parkhomenko1, N.V. Dovgan1, O.V. Dovgan1, O.M. Lomakovsky1, Yu.Y. Babchuk2, S.М. Babiy2
- State Institution National Scientific Center «M.D. Strazhesko Institute of Cardiology National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
198 patients with coronary heart disease (stable and unstable
angina- UA, acute myocardial infarction-AMI) were examined. The content of interleukin-10 (IL-10) in the supernatants
of immunocompetent cells was determined at hospitalization.
In patients with unstable angina and myocardial infarction it
was also measured on the 7th day of the treatment. A wide
range of the indicators was revealed when patients were admitted to hospital. In this regard, the subjects were divided into
2 subgroups: A - with a low content of IL-10 in mononuclear
cells (UA - 58.1, AMI - 75.4%), B - with a normal or high
content of this cytokine in these cells. In the dynamics of treatment, the indicators in mononuclear cells change depending on
the initial value of the concentration of IL-10: its low content
increases, high - decreases. On the 7th day of treatment, the
content of the studied factor in these cells became almost the
same in all subgroups. A low level of the anti-inflammatory
cytokine IL-10 at the beginning of the disease is probably a
pathogenetic link and a predictor of acute coronary events.
coronary heart disease; immunocompetent cells; cytokines; interleukin-10.
- Potteaux S, Esposito B, van Oostrom O, Brun V, Ardouin P, Groux H, Tedgui A, Mallat Z. Leukocytederived interleukin-10 is required for protection against atherosclerosis in low-density lipoprotein receptor knokcout mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24 (8):474-8.
- Han X, Kitamoto S, Lian Q, Boisvert WA. Interleukin-10 facilitates both cholesterol uptake and efflux in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2009;284 (47): 32950-8.
- Zimmerman MA, Reznikov LL, Raeburn CD, Selzman CH. Interleukin-10 attenuates the response to vascular injury. J Surg Res. 2004;121:206-13.
- Wyss CA, Neidhart M, Altwegg L, Spanaus K, Yonekawa K, Wischnewsky MB, Corti R, Kucher N, Roffi M, Eberli F, Amann-Vesti B, Gay S, Eckardstein A, Lüscher T, Maier W. Cellular actors, Toll-like receptors, and local cytokine profile in acute coronary syndromes. Eur Heart J. 2010;31:1457-69.
- Cavusoglu E, Marmur J, Hojjati M, Chopra V, Butala M, Subnani R, Huda MS, Yanamadala S, Ruwende C, Eng C, Pinsky DJ. Plasma interleukin-10 levels and adverse outcomes in acute coronary syndrome. Am J Med. 2011;124(8):724-30.
- Romson JL, Hook BG, Kunkel SL, Abrams GD, Schork MA, Lucchesi BR. Reduction of the extent of ischemic myocardial injury by neutrophil depletion in the dog. Circulation. 1983;67:1016-23.
- Jung M, Ma Y, Iver R, DeLeon-Pennell KY, Yabluchiansky A, Garrett MR, Lindsey ML. IL-10 improves cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by stimulating M2 macrophage polarization and fibroblast activation. Basic Res Cardiol. 2017;112(3):33. DOI:10.1007/ s00395-017-0622-5.
- Biswass S, Ghoshal P, Mandal S, Mandal N. Relation of anti- to pro-inflammatory cytokine ratios with acute myocardial infarction. Korean J Int Med. 2010;25(1):44-50.
- Spitz C, Winkels H, Burger C, Weber C, Lutgens E, Hansson GK, Gerdes N. Regulatory T-cells in atherogenesis: critical immune regulatory function and therapeutic potential. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016;73(5):901-22.
- Gavrilenko TI, Parkhomenko ON, Ryzhkova NO, Kozhukhov SM, Yakushko LV. Citokin's profile of mononuclears at patients by myocardial infarction, complicated cardiac insufficiency. Fisiol Zh. 2012;6: 23-8 [Ukrainian].