PEPTIDOGLYCAN OF STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS ALTERS THE MYOMETRIAL CONTRACTILITY OF NON-PREGNANT RATS TROUGH INCREASING INTRACELLULAR CALCIUM LEVELS
L.S. Nasibian, H.V. Sotkis, O.M. Tzugorko, I.B. Philippov, Ya.M. Shuba
О.О. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
The work is devoted to the study of the effect of Staphylococcus aureus peptidoglycan on the main parameters of
myometrial contractions and the mechanism of this influence.
The research was carried out by tensometry and calcimetry
methods. The results of the experiments demonstrated that
peptidoglycan modulates all the main parameters of contractions of the non-pregnant rat uterus, including increasing
their amplitude and duration by 10 and 30%, respectively,
mainly by prolonging the relaxation phase (56.7 ± 1.6%):
myometrial band relative to quickly shrunk and relaxed for
a long time. Application of peptidoglycan on freshly isolated
uterine myocytes for 5 min led to a periodic increase in their
intracellular content of calcium ions. Peptidoglycan enhanced
myometrial contractions caused by hyperpotassium solution
at a concentration of 60 mmol. Administration of 1 μmol of
nifedipine, a blocker of potential-directed L-type calcium
channels, suppressed spontaneous contractions enhanced by
peptidoglycan. These changes in myometrium contractility
of on the background of peptidoglycan action occur not only
due to increased transmembrane calcium intake, but also its
mobilization from the sarcoplasmic reticulum.
myometrium; myometrial contractility; peptidoglycan; Staphylococcus aureus; intracellular calcium level.
- Wheeler R, Chevalier G, Eberl G, GompertsBoneca I. The biology of bacterial peptidoglycans and their impact on host immunity and physiology. Cell Microbiol. 2014 Jul;16(7):1014-23.
- Ruiz N. Lipid flippases for bacterial peptidoglycan biosynthesis. Lipid Insights. 2016 Jan 13;8(Suppl 1):21-31.
- Bertsche U, Mayer C2, Götz F, Gust AA. Peptidoglycan perception-sensing bacteria by their common envelope structure. Int J Med Microbiol. 2015 Feb;305(2):217-23.
- Wheeler R, Chevalier G, Eberl G, GompertsBoneca I. The biology of bacterial peptidoglycans and their impact on hostimmunity and physiology. Cell Microbiol. 2014 Jul;16(7):1014-23.
- Ghiasi M, Fazaeli H, Kalhor N, Sheykh-Hasan M, Tabatabaei-Qomi R. Assessing the prevalence of bacterial vaginos is among in fertile women of Q omcity. Iran J Microbiol. 2014;6:404-8.
- Watanabe T, Asano N, Murray PJ, Ozato K, Tailor P, etal. Muramyldipeptideactivation of nucleotidebinding oligomerization domain 2 protects mice from experimental colitis. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:545-59.
- Davidovskaya T, Philyppov I, Tsymbalyuk O, Davidovskaya N, Miroshnichenko M, Shuba M. Influence of Staphylococcusaureusactive substance on the voltage operated Ca2+ channels of the smooth muscle cells and on the enzymatic activity on the smooth muscle enzymes. Abstract of the 3rd Meeting of the European Pharmacological Societes.
- Allport VC, Pieber D, Slater DM, Newton R, White JO, Bennett PR. Human labouris associated with nuclear factor-kappa B activity which mediates cyclooxygenase-2 expression an disinvolved with the 'functional progesterone with drawal. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7(6):581-6.
- Olson DM. The role of prostaglandin sin the initiation of parturition. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2003;17:717- 30.
- Young RC, Smith LH, McLaren MD. T-typeand L-typecal ciumcurrents in freshly dispersed humanuter in esmooth muscle cells. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1993. 169:785-92.
- Rudakova EB, Mozhovoj SI, Pilipenko MA. Chronic endometritis: from improving the diagnostic approach to optimize treatment. Lechaschiivrach. 2008;(10):6-10. [Russian].
- Laptev BI, Bogomaz SA, Kulagin EM, Afanasiev SA, Prokofiev WA. A method of determining substances cardiotropic activity. USSR patent SU 1635133A1. 1991 [Russian]. Fazeli A, Bruce C, Anumba DO. Characterization ofToll-like receptors in the female reproductive tract in humans. Hum Reprod. 2005 20;(5):372-1378.
- Gullam JE, Blanks AM, Thornton S, Shmygol A. Phase-plot analysis of the oxytocin effect on human myometrial contractility. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;144:20-4.
- Davidovskaya T, Philyppov I, Tsymbalyuk O, Davidovskaya N, Miroshnichenko M, Shuba M. Influence of Staphylococcus aureus actives ubstance on the voltage operated Ca2+ channel soft he smooth muscle cells and on the enzymatic activity on the smooth muscle enzymes. Abstract of the 3rd Meeting of the European Pharmacological Societes; 2001. 15(1):42.
- CarasYuM. Diagnosis of uterine contractions activity of the uterus during labor. Medicine. 1982;24:224. [Russian].
- Nasibyan LS, Philyppov IB, Shuba YM Peptidoglycane modulates rat myometrial contractility via Ca2+ release from SR. Fiziol Zh. 2019;65(4):66-72.