TO THE HISTORY OF PHYSIOLOGY OF WORK (MEMORY AND HERITAGE OF PREDECESSORS)
І.М. Trakhtenberg, V.V. Каlnish
SI «Kundiiev Institute of Occupational Health of the NAMS of Ukraine», Кiev, Ukraine
In the article on an example of formation and specification of
the concepts of mental and physical exhaustion, an analysis of
approaches to its study in different periods of early formation
of physiology of work has been made. It is shown that interpretation
of work as a means of conservation and transformation
of the energy of the Sun was first formulated 130 years
ago by the national scientist S. A. Podolinsky. The analysis
of the heritage of predecessors includes studies conducted
by I.M. Sechenov, J.Adamar, K.K.Kekcheev, B.I.Slovtsov,
Z. Bakaradze, V.A.Levytskyj, V.V.Rozenblat, M.I. Vinogradov,
D.I. Shatenshtein, G.V.Folbort, V.V.Frolkis and other scientists
who laid the basis of physiology of work and fatigue teaching.
The analysis of the scientific heritage of our predecessors
allows us to trace the progress of the development of ideas
related to development of the state of fatigue, as well as to
emphasize the importance of development of new trends in
physiology of work. It is noted that further improvement and
search for aspects of physiology of work, not covered by our
predecessors, will be useful for modern scholars as certain
aspects of it have not been sufficiently analyzed or even
overlooked by subsequent generations of researchers.
physiology of work; mental and physical exhaustion; analysis of predecessors’ research; prominent scientists in physiology of work
- Amar J. Man-machine. Scientific bases of occupational work. M.-L.: State edition; 1926. [Russian].
- Bakaradze Z. Occupational diseases (A popular presentation), Tiflis: Edition of Zakavkaz popular secretary commission of work; 1925. [Russian].
- Folbort GV. Fatigue and recovery processes of the higher nervous activity and practical significance of their studying. Physiological processes of fatigue and recovery. K.: 1989. [Russian].
- Folbort GV. Problems of physiology in processes of fatigue and recovery. K.: Naukova dumka; 1958. [Russian].
- Frolkis VV. Reflex regulation in the activity of the cardiovascular system. K.: Gosmedizdat; 1959. [Russian].
- Frolkis VV. To the study of processes of fatigue and recovery in the heart muscle. Theses dis. cand. med. sci. K.: 1949; 24. [Russian].
- Kalnish VV. Monotone activity and the state of monotonia. Information 1. Definition and factors of formation. Ukr J Occup Health. 2016; 1(46): 18-30. [Ukrainian].
- Kekcheev KKh. Physiology of work. L.-M.: State edition, 1925.[Russian].
- Leinik MV. To the study of physiological bases of the rational schedules of work and rest. K.: Gosmedizdat of the USSR; 1951. [Russian].
- Leinik MV., Kryzhanovsky VG. Contribution of Kiev Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases to the development of Soviet physiology of work, Reports of the Sci. Ses. to the 30th anniversary of the Institute. K.: 1958. [ Ukrainian].
- Levitsky VA. Problems of fatigue, Occupational health. 1926; 1:10-1 [Russian].
- Navakatikyan AO, Kryzhanovskaya VV, Kalnish VV. Physiology and hygiene of mental health. K.: Zdorov'ya; 1987. [Russian].
- Physiological processes of fatigue and recovery (Ed. GV. Folbort). K.: 1951. [Russian].
- Podolinsky SA. Human work and its relation to energy distribution. - M.: Belyie Alvy; 2005. [Russian].
- Pyshnov GYu., Kalnish VV. A concept on universalism of transformations in the functional states of a working man in fatigue development. Information 1. Terms, concepts, hypotheses. Ukr J Occup Health. 2001; 2(26): 11-9. [Ukrainian].
- Rozenblat VV. A problem of fatigue. M.: Meditsina; 1975. [Russian].
- Sechenov IM. Physiological criteria for establishing a working day length. News of the Imperial Society of lovers of natural science, anthropology and ethnography. 78 (Issue 2). M.: Printing house of MG. Volcahninov; 1894. [Russian].
- Shatenshtein DI. Regulation of physiological processes Narkomizdat of the USSR. Medgiz; 1939. [Russian].
- Solovtsov BI. Physiology of work. M.: Publishing house of LL.Frenkel;1925. [Russian].
- Trakhtenberg IM., Polyakov AA. Essays on physiology and hygiene of work of an old man. K.: Avicenna; 2007. [Ukrainian].
- Ukhtomsky AA. Excitement, fatigue, inhibition. Physiol J of the USSR; 1934; 6: 1114-25. [Russian].
- Vinogradov MI. Physiology of work processes. M.: Meditsina; 1966 [Russian].
- Vitte NK. Teaching of I.P.Pavlov on the physiology of higher nervous activity. K.: Gosmedizdat of the USSR; 1951.[Russian].
© National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, 2014-2021.