THE EFFECT OF METHIONINE ON THE ORGANIC MATRIX OF THE BONE TISSUE OF WISTAR RATS OF DIFFERENT AGES
I.G.Litovka 1, V.Ya.Berezovsky1, S.P.Veselsky2
- O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
- Institute of High Technologies of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
The effect of methionine on bone remodeling parameters of
young and adult male rats Vistar was studied. The introduction
of excess methionine (250 mg / kg for 21 days) in the diet
raises the physiological regeneration of bone tissue in young
rats. Increasing their alkaline phosphanase activity in bone
tissue testifies to the domination of the osteosynthetic phase of
osteogenesis relative to osteolytic. Such a reaction is typical for
increasing the number of active osteoblasts or increasing the
sensitivity of their receptors. Unlike young animals, in adult
male rats, age-related bone tissue changes are manifested in the
domination of the osteolytic phase. The obtained results testify
to the disease-dependent differences in the effect of the same
factor dose on the processes of physiological regeneration and
the organic matrix of bone tissue rats in males, which should
be taken into account when using medicinal preparations.
methionine; physiological regeneration of bone tissue
- Lorentzon MJ.Treating osteoporosis to prevent fractures: current concepts and future developments. J Intern Med. 2019 Jan 18.
- Koller G, Katz S, Charrois TL, Ye C. Glucocorticoidinduced osteoporosis preventive care in rheumatology patients Arch Osteoporos. 2019 Feb 5;14(1):16.
- Bridgeman MB, Pathak R. Denosumab for the reduction of bone loss in post menopausal osteoporosis: a review. Clin Ther. 2011;33:1547-49.
- Brandy ML. New treatment strategies: ipriflavone, strontium,vitamin D metabolites and analogs. Am J Med. 1993; 95: 69S-74S.
- Kerstetter JE, O'Brien K, Insogna KL. Dietary protein, calcium metabolism and skeletal homeostasis revisited. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003; 78: 584S-92.
- Kimball SR, Jefferson LS. Molecular mechanisms through which amino acids mediate signaling through the mammalian target of rapamycin. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2004; 7: 39-44.
- Kimball SR, Jefferson LS. New functions for amino acids: effects on gene transcription and translation. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 83: 500S-7S.
- Elefteriou F, Benson MD, Sowa H, Starbuck M, Liu X, Ron D et al. ATF4 mediation of NF1functions in osteoblast reveals a nutritional basis for congenital skeletal dysplasiae. Cell Metab.2006; 4: 441-5.
- Ouattara A, Cooke D, Gopalakrishnan R, Huang T, Ables G.P. Methionine restriction alters bone morphology and affects osteoblast differentiation. Bone Reports. 2016; 5: 33-42.
- Bihuniak JD, Insogna KL. The effects of dietary protein and amino acids on skeletal metabolism. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015; 410: 78-86.
- Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Rasmussen HM, Dallal GE. Comparative effects of oral aromatic and branchedchain amino acids on urine calcium excretion in humans. Osteoporos Int. 2007; 18: 955-61.
- Ursini F, Pipicelli G. Nutritional supplementation for osteoarthritis: alternative and complementary therapies. Altern Complement Ther. 2009;15:173-7.
- Vijayan V, Khandelwal M, Manglani K, Gupta S, Surolia A. Methionine down-regulates TLR4/MyD88/NF-κB signalling in osteoclast precursors to reduce bone loss during osteoporosis. Br J Pharmacol. 2014; 171(1): 107-121.
- Klyatskin SA, Lifshitz RI. Determination of glycosaminoglycans by ortsin method in patients' blood. Lab Work.1989; 10:51-3. [Russian].
- Riggs BL, Melton III L. J. Osteoporosis: Trans. with English. - M .; SPb: Joint-Stock Company «Publishing house BINOM», Nevsky dialect », 2000. [Russian].
- Nakoskin A.N. Molecular-Biological study of the extreme matrix of the bone tissue of animals of different types and the influence of its specific xenocomponents on osteogenesis: the dissertation ... Doctors of Biological Sciences:03.03.01. - Chelyabinsk, 2016. [Russian].
- Leontiev VK, Petrovich VK. Biochemical Methods in Clinical and Experimental Dentistry. Omsk:1976:93. [Russian].
- Sharaev PN, Strelkov NS, Guncha VV, Sosulina LL. Determination of hyaluronidase activity in biological fluids. Clin Lab Diagnost. 1996; 3:21-2. [Russian].
- Veselskiy SP, Lyaschenko PS, Kostenko SI, Gorenko ZA, Kurovska LF. Way of sample preparation of bioliquids detecting in lipids determination. Pryroda. Patent for invention №33564A, 15.02.2001. [Ukrainian].
- Kaznacheeva AI, Sinister NC. The content of free amino acids in healthy blood plasma, erythrocytes and urine. Lab Work.1976; 8:479-80. [Russian].
- Dolgov VV, Ermakova IP. Laboratory diagnosis of bone tissue exchange. Osteoporosis and osteopathy. 2000; 4: 29-39.
- Berezovsky VYa, Litovka IG, Chaka OG. Infusion of doses per year to the development of situational osteopenia. Fiziol Zh. 2000; 46(1): 10-6. [Ukrainian].
- Khismatullina ZN. Factors affecting the metabolism of bone tissue and leading to diseases of the bone system. Bull Technol University. 2015; 18 (22): 165 -72.