THE INTENSITY OF OXIDATIVE METABOLISM AND PRODUCTION OF NITRIC OXIDE IN FEMALE STUDENTS DURING ADAPTATION TO PHYSICAL LOAD
N.V. Bogdanovska1, A.V. Simonik1, Yu.P. Korkach2, V.F. Sagach1
- Zaporizhzhia National University, Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine
- O.O. Bohomolets Institute of Physiology National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
The intensities of oxidative metabolism and nitric oxide production
in the trained and untrained female students aged 18-22
years under adaptation to physical load were studied. At the
initial stage of the competitive period in the trained students
adaptive rearrangements were accompanied by a significant increase
in the intensity of the oxidative metabolism (an increase
in the rate of generation of the superoxide radical, hydroxyl
radical, uric acid content, hydrogen peroxide), production of
nitric oxide (increased activity of the constitutive NOS and
decrease in the content of the marker of peroxynitrite – nitrate
anion) and lipid peroxidation. The growth of the content of
TBA-active products indicates the intensification of these processes.
High (r≥0.70) correlation dependence among trained
girls students between the functional state of the organism
and the indicators of the intensity of oxidative metabolism
and nitric oxide production was revealed. Our results point
for the important role of these processes in the formation of
adaptive changes in the body under systematic physical load.
functional state; adaptation; oxidative metabolism; nitric oxide; active forms of oxygen and nitrogen; lipid peroxidation
- Booth WF, Roberts CK, Laye MJ. Lack of exercise is a major cause of chronic diseases. Compr Physiol. 2012;2(2):1143-1211.
- Vollaard NBJ, Shearman JP, Cooper CE. Exercise-induced oxidative stress: myths, realities and physiological relevance. Sports Med. 2005;35(12):1045-1062.
- Powers SK, Smuder AJ, Judge AR. Oxidative stress and disuse muscle atrophy: cause or consequence? Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2012;15(3):240-245.
- Gomez-Cabrera MC, Domenech E, Vi-a J. Moderate exercise is an antioxidant: upregulation of antioxidant genes by training. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44(2): 126-131.
- Malikov MV, Bohdanovska NV, Svatiev AV. Functional diagnostics in physical education and sport: Textbook (under the curriculum of the Ministry of health of Ukraine. ZNU.2006:199r. [Ukrainian].
- Bogdanovskaya NV, Kotsuruba AV, Golubenko AV. Induction of oxidative and nitrosative stress in boys in adapting to physical stress during training and competitive periods. Fiziol Zh. 2016;62(2):47-56.[Ukrainian].
- Karpman VL. Functional diagnosis in sports medicine. Klin Med. 1980;58(6): 3-7. [Russian].
- Gavrilov VB, Gavrilova AG. The Measurement of diene conjugates in plasma blood by UV absorption of heptane and isopropanol extracts. Lab Case. 1988; 2:60-3.
- Biochemical research methods in the clinic. Guide Med. 1969:652.
- McCord J, Fridovich I.A. A quantitative test for superoxide radicals produced in biological systems. Biochem J. 1982;203(3): 551-8.
- Conte D, Narindrasorasa KS, Sarkar B. In vivo and in vitro iron replaced zinc finger generates free radicals and causes DNA damage. Eur J Biochem. 1996; 271(9):5125-30.
- Huwiler M., Kohler H. Pseudo-catalic degradation of hydrogen peroxide in lactoperoxidase iodide system. Eur J Biochem. 1984;1:69-74.
- Uchiyama M, Mihara M. Determination of malonaldehyde precursor in tissues by thiobarbituric acid test. Anal Biochem. 1978;86(1):271-78.
- Salter M, Knowles RG, Moncada S. Widespread tissue distribution, species and changes in activity of Ca(2+)- dependent and Ca(2+)-independent nitric oxide syntases. FEBS Lett. 1991;29 (1):145-149.
- Chin SY, Pandey KN, Shi SJ, Kobori H, Moreno C, Navar LG. Increased activity and expression of Ca(2+)-dependent NOS in renal cortex of ANG II-infused hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol. 1999 Nov;277(5 Pt 2):F797-804.
- Jsukahara H. Effect of NOS inhibitions on bone methabolizm in growing rats. Am J Physiol. 1996; (270)5:840-5.
- Alikulov ZA., Lviv NP, Kretovich VL. Nitrate and nitrite is activity of milk. BioChem. 1980;45(9):1714-8. [Russian].
- Shugaley VS, Kozina AS. The content of urea and arginase activity in the organs of rats during acclimatization to cold. Fiziol Zh. 1977;8:1199-1192.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin reagent. J Biol Chem. 1951;193:265-75.
- Yakovleva LV, Farkhutdynov RR, Yumaly SH, Tabynhulova SH. Assessment of functional state of cardio-vascular system and free radical oxidation processes in young athletes. J New Med Tech. 2014.
- Shin YS, Yang SM, Kim MY, Lee LK. Analysis of the respirogram phase of Korean wrestling athletes compared with nonathletes for sports physiotherapy research. J Phys Ther Sci. 2016;28(2):392-8.
- Papaharalambus CA, Griendling KK. Basic mechanisms of oxidative stress and reactive oxygen species in cardiovascular injury. Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2007; 17(2):48-54.
- McAllister RM, Sean CN, Harold LM. Vascular nitric oxide: effects of exercise training in animals. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2008;33(1):173-8.