IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SOME MESENCHYMAL AND EPITHELIAL MARKERS EXPRESSION IN THE KIDNEYS, URETERS AND BLADDER OF WAG RATS DESCENDANTS THAT DEVELOPED UNDER PHYSIOLOGICAL CONDITIONS
I.V. Sorokina 1, M.S. Myroshnychenko 1, N.V. Kapustnyk 1, S.I. Danylchenko 2
- Kharkiv National Medical University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Mykolaiv, Ukraine
It was determined the features of mesenchymal (vimentin,
smooth muscle actin, desmin) and epithelial (cytokeratins
18 and 19) markers expression in the kidneys, ureters and
bladder of full-term 7 fetuses and 11 newborn of WAG rats
that developed under physiological conditions. The degree of
immunohistochemical reactions expression with the above
monoclonal antibodies was assessed using a semiquantitative
scale. The study established the structural elements in the
kidneys, ureters and bladder that expressed these markers. It
has been shown that with age in the kidneys the expression
of vimentin in the capsule, nephrogenic zone, stroma by the
fibroblastic series cells, in the renal corpuscles by the epithelial
cells of the inner leaf of the Bowman capsule, the mesangial
cells, the endothelial cells of the capillaries, in the vessels
of the stroma by the endothelial cells, and its expression
disappears in the tubules in the epithelial cells; in the ureters
and bladder its expression increases by the fibroblastic series
cells and endothelial cells of the vessels. The expression of
smooth muscle actin and desmin in the kidneys decreases
in myofibroblasts located in the capsule and stroma, and
increases in mesangial cells of smooth muscle type and smooth
muscle cells of stroma vessels; in the ureters and bladder
decreases in myofibroblasts, increases in smooth muscle cells
of the vessels and the muscle layer. Immunohistochemical
reaction with cytokeratins 18 and 19 is more pronounced in
the kidneys in tubular nephron apparatus, in the ureters and
bladder in transitional epithelium of the mucous membranes.
The revealed features of the vimentin, smooth muscle actin,
desmin, cytokeratins 18 and 19 expression in the kidneys,
ureters and bladder of WAG rats descendants that developed
under physiological conditions can be used as normative
parameters in conducting studies.
WAG rats; fetus; newborn; kidney; ureter; bladder; vimentin; smooth muscle actin; desmin; cytokeratins 18 and 19.
- Muratov GR, Kolibaeva TF, Gonchar MA, Sorokina IV, Myroshnychenko MS. Nosological structure of the urinary system pathology of children population of Kharkiv region. Probl Cont Med Educ Sci. 2016; 3: 22-28. [Russian].
- Gonchar MA, Senatorova AS, Muratov GR, Pushkar EM, Kolibaeva TF, Yablonskaya NN, Galdina IM, Homovskaya AA. Clinical observation and management of chronic renal failure in a child with hereditary determined pathology of kidneys. Sovr Pediatr. 2016; 5: 107-111. [Russian].
- Kaspar CDW, Bholah R, Bunchman TE. A review of pediatric chronic kidney disease. Blood Purif. 2016; 41: 211-217.
- Berezovsky VA. Valeology and biophysical medicine. Fiziol Zh. 2010; 56 (3): 3-18. [Russian].
- Pleshkova EM. Oxidative stress and its involvement in the development and course of urinary system diseases in children. Ross Vestn Perinatol Pediatr. 2014; 5: 9-14. [Russian].
- Katkova EV. Pathology of the urinary system in newborns according to the perinatal center of the Saratov region and the clinic for pediatric surgery of the hospital named by S.R. Mirotvortseva. Bull Med Internet Conf. 2016; 6 (6): 1236-1237. [Russian].
- Daminova MA. Chronic kidney disease in children: etiology, classification and factors progression. Bull Contemp Clin Med. 2016; 9(2): 36-41. [Russian].
- Pasechnik DG. The role of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in the pathogenesis of chronic kidney disease and renal cell carcinoma (problems and prospects). Sci Herald Int Hum Univ. 2014; 6: 30-33. [Russian].
- Potapov VE, Sinelnik EA, Akimenko MA, Pasechnik DG. Current understanding of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in the progression of chronic kidney disease. Kuban Nauch Med Vestn. 2016; 6 (61): 104-109. [Russian].
- Ivanova M, Dyadyk O, Smith A, Santorelli L, Stella M, Galli M, Chinello C, Magni F. Proteomics and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry imaging as a modern diagnostic tool in kidney diseases. Kidneys. 2017; 6 (1): 40-45.
- Vasilenko IV, Brook BB, Gulkov YuK, Kondratyuk RB, Zaporozhchenko NV, Shchukina EV. Epithelialmesenchymal and other transformations in norm and pathology. Pathologia. 2009; 6 (2): 4-10. [Russian].
- Galichon P, Hertig A. Epithelial to mesenchymal transition as a biomarker in renal fibrosis: are we ready for the bedside? Nephrology. 2013; 17 (4): 9-16. [Russian].
- Kolomeets NYu, Averyanova NI, Kosareva PV. Development of chronic glomerulonephritis model in albino nonlinear rats. Mod Probl Sci Educ. 2012; 3: 84-91. [Russian].
- Ostapenco O V, Mostovoy S O. An experimental model of kidney exotoxic damage saused by bisphosphonates. Tavr Med-Biol Vestn. 2013; 16(1)1 (61): 172-174. [Russian].
- Immunohistochemical methods: manual / ed. by GL Kumar, L Rudbeck: DAKO / trans. from english ed. by GA Frank, PG Malkov. Moscow. 2011. 224. [Russian].
- Sorokina IV, Myroshnychenko MS, Ivanova MD. Morphological features of kidneys in fetuses and newborns from mothers with subacute infectious-inflammatory process in the abdominal cavity caused by Escherichia coli (experimental study). Kidneys. 2018; 7 (1): 18-25. [Russian].
- Sorokina IV, Markovskiy VD, Borzenkova IV, Myroshnychenko MS, Pliten ON. Morphological features of the glomerular apparatus of fetuses and newborns kidneys in modeling different hypoxia. Morphologia. 2016; 10 (3): 267-272. [Russian].
- Hyung EY, Kee HY, In SB, B. SYoung SH, Joo WL. Effect of angiotensin II on the epithelial to mesenchymal transition in developing rat kidney. Korean J Pediatr. 2009; 52 (8): 944-952.
- Khorinko AV, Amarantov DG, Kosareva PV. The role of the disorders of cell matrix interactions in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis progression. J Anat Histopathol. 2016; 5 (3): 84-89. [Russian].
- Puchinskaya M.V. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition in health and disease. Arkh Patol. 2015; 1: 75-83. [Russian].
- Kudrjashov AG, Vasilenko IV, Malashkevich AS. Morphological features of EMT renal cell carcinomas and their relation to clinical course of tumor. Ukr J Surg. 2011; 6 (15): 147-154. [Russian].
- Ghayur MN, Krepinsky JC, Janssen LJ. Contractility of the renal glomerulus and mesangial cells: lingering doubts and strategies for the future. Med Hypotheses Res. 2008; 4 (1): 1-9.
- Monogarova NE, Vasilenko IV. The role of epithelialmesenchymal transformation in the idiopathic fibrosing alveolitis pathogenegis (ordinary interstitial pneumonia). Pathologia. 2010; 7 (1): 80-83. [Russian].
- Djudjaj S, Papasotiriou M, Bülow RD, Wagnerova A, Lindenmeyer MT, Cohen CD, Strnad P, Goumenos DS, Floege J, Boor P. Keratins are novel markers of renal epithelial cell injury. Kidney Int. 2016; 89: 792-808.