THE CHANGES OF MINERAL DENSITY OF DENTO-MAXILLARY SYSTEM OF RATS WITH IODINE DEFICIENCY AND INSULIN RESISTANCE
S.P. Guranych, N.M. Voronych-Semchenko, T.V. Guranych
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ukraine
The changes of indexes of the activity of enzymes of bioenergetic
processes, macro- and microelement status of rats
with iodine deficiency and insulin resistance were analyzed. It
was found that the development of iodine deficiency was accompanied
by inhibition of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and
alkaline phosphatase (ALP) activity against the background
of increased activity of acid phosphatase (ACP), decreased
calcium and magnesium content in solid tissues of teeth and
bones in comparison with data in intact animals. The decreased
activity of succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) and LDH on the
background of increased activity of malate dehydrogenase
(MDH) and ACP, decreased calcium and magnesium content
in solid tissues of teeth and alveolar processes, increased zinc
content in the teeth under the conditions of insulin resistance. It
can be assumed that under the conditions of iodine deficiency,
the activity of osteoblasts was suppressed, while osteoclasts
were more activated in case of insulin resistance.
In rats with insulin resistance on the background of iodine
deficiency, a significant decrease of dehydrogenase activity in
blood serum (on 90.38-97.12 %) was observed as to indexes
in intact animals. In erythrocyte mass, teeth and alveolar
processes, the content of calcium, magnesium and manganese
decreased by 20.26-88.26 % with a simultaneous increase
in zinc content in dental tissues at 77.35 %. The violation
of calcium homeostasis was conformed with the increase in
the activity of ACP (2.42 times), that may be the cause of
increased demineralization of teeth and bones in conditions of
insulin resistance on the background of iodine deficiency. The
determination of the activity of bioenergy synthesis enzymes
(SDH, LDH) under conditions of endocrinopathy can be used
as one of the early markers of subcellular metabolic disorders
of macroenergy formation. The changes of the enzymatic
activity of ACP and ALP indicate the progression of bone tissue
regeneration processes, which allows to detect disturbances of
the mineralization of solid tissues on the early stages of iodine
deficiency and insulin resistance development.
iodine deficiency; insulin resistance; energy synthesis enzymes; macro- and microelement status.
- Vinogradova OM, Shkrebnyuk RYu. Differential methods of treatment of periodontal diseases against a background of diabetes. Clin & Exper Pathol. 2015;14(1):205-8. [Ukrainian].
- Dvorshchenko K. Enzymatic activity of succinate dehydrogenase in mitochondria of mucosal cells of the stomach and hepatocytes of rats under conditions of an experimental ulcer. Biology. 2008;52-53:30-1. [Ukrainian].
- Pushkarev VM, Sokolova LK, Pushkarev VV, Tronko MD. The role of AMPK and MTOR in the development of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. The mechanism of metformin action (literature review). Probl Endocr Pathol. 2016;3:77-85. [Russian].
- Pankiv VI. State of mineral density of bone tissue of women in postmenopausal period with primary hypothyroidism. Clin & Exper Pathol. 2016;15(1):104-10. [Ukrainian].
- Povoroznyuk VV, Martyniuk LP. Prevalence of osteoporosis and low bone mineral density in Ukrainian woman with obesity and metabolic syndrome. Ach Clin Exper Med. 2016;4:78-83. [Ukrainian].
- Makeev VF, Krupnyk A-SA. The age-related features of alveolar jaws bone mineral density in growing children. Ukr Dent Alman. 2016;4:81-7. [Ukrainian].
- Khara MR, Rosolovska SO. Effect of replacement therapy on the state of mineral bones composition of the upper and lower jaws in gonadectomized male and female rats. Med Chem. 2012;3(52):35-9. [Ukrainian].
- Orzheshkovskyi VV. Effects of insulin resistance to current and neurophysiological parameters of patients with polyneuropathy. Bukovyn Med Visn. 2016;20(2):112-5. [Ukrainian].
- Chorniy AV, Shmanko VV. The influence of thyroid disease in human dental status (literature review). Clin Stom. 2016;1:22-5. [Ukrainian].
- Nechyporchuk VM, Korda MM. Metabolism in Hypoand Hyperthyroidism. Herald Sci Research. 2015;3:4-7. [Ukrainian].
- Lishchuk OZ. The influence of metformin on the indices of thyroid panel, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in patients with diffuse toxic goiter and insulin resistance Summary. Clin Thyroidol. 2016;1(73):21-4. [Ukrainian].
- Voronych-Semchenko NM. Changes of processes of free radical oxidation of lipids and proteins, antioxidant defense in rats with hypofunction of thyroid gland on the background of iodine and copper deficit. Fiziol Zh. 2014;60(4):30-9. [Ukrainian].
- Shuprovych AA. Violation of uric acid metabolism in rats with experimental insulin resistant syndrome induced by fructose. Fiziol Zh. 2011;57(1):72-81. [Ukrainian].
- Dunn J, Grutchfield H, Gutekunst R. Two simple methods for measuring iodine in urine. Thyroidology. 1993;3:119-23.
- Onopchenko OV, Kosiakova GV, Goridko TM, Klimashevsky VM, Hula NM. The effect of N-stearoylethanolamine on liver phospholipid composition of rats with insulin resistance caused by alimentary obesity. Ukr Biochem J. 2014;86(1):101-10. [Ukrainian].
- Bila AY, Krasnoselskyy MV, Gramatyuk SM. The state of bioenergy metabolism and antioxidant enzymes in patients with breast cancer. Bull Probl Biol Med.2015;4(2):77-80. [Ukrainian].
- Matolych UD. Variations of the healing of bone wounds posttraumatic osteomyelitis of mandible. Med Hydrol Reabil. 2013;11(2):37-9. [Ukrainian].
Skochylo OV. Experimental estimation of bone regeneration processes by analyzing the enzymatic activity of acid and alkaline phosphatases. Clin Dent. 2016;4:5-10. [Ukrainian.]
- Pogrebnyak GV. Condition of the alveolar bone and gingival tissue in female rats under conditions of unbalanced diets. Word Med Biol. 2015;4(54):134-8. [Ukrainian].
- Davydenko SV, Neporadna KS. Pathological changes in bone tissue of periodontium of rats with experimental stomach ulcer and diabetes mellitus. Ukr Stomat Alm. 2009;2:3-5. [Ukrainian].
- Godovanets OI, Moroz AV. Dental pathology in children with endocrine diseases. Clin and Exper Pathol. 2015;4(54):209-13. [Ukrainian].
© National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, 2014-2022.