ANTIOXIDANT-PROOXIDANT STATUS IN ORGANISM OF PIGS WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF HIGHER NERVOUS ACTIVITY UNDER STRESS
O.V. Danchuk, V.I. Karpovskyі, V.О. Trokoz
National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of
Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
The cortical regulation of anti-, prooxidant status in the body
of large white pigs with different types of higher nervous activity
(HNA) under the influence of stimuli of different etiology
has been investigated. The stress factor was the weaning of
piglets from a sow, revaccination (biological stimulus) and
regrouping and moving (technological stimulus). Before
exposure to stimuli and after 1, 5 and 30 days it was taken the
blood, sample in which the indexes of lipid peroxide oxidation
(LPO) and activity of the antioxidant defense system (ADS)
were determined based on which the anti-, prooxidant index
(LPO/ADS) was calculated. Regardless of the typological
characteristics of HNA, the effects of stimuli of different
etiology in pigs developed oxidative stress, which was accompanied
by intensification of the LPO and the change in the
activity of the enzymes of the ADS. In animals with a strong
balanced mobile type a day after the action of technological
and biological stimuli an adequate activation of mechanisms
of neutralization of free radicals is established: LPO/ADS
decreases by 35,6-51,3%. Pigs with a strong balanced inert
type slowly adapt to the action of stress factors: after 5 days
after the action of the technological stimulus LPO/ADS more
than 3 times from such in animals SBMT. In an animal with
a strong unbalanced and a weak type under the influence of
technological stimuli during the day, the oxidative homeostasis
shifts to the side of the intensification of the LPO, which is not
compensated by the ADS: LPO/ADS increases 1.4-5.0 times.
lipid peroxide oxidation; antioxidant system; lipid peroxide oxidation/antioxidant system; higher nervous activity; pigs; stress.
- Karpovskyi PV, Karpovskyi VV, Trokoz AV, Landsman AA, Skrypkina VN, Postoi RV, Kryvoruchko DI, Trokoz VO, Karpovskyi VI. Cortico-vegetative regulation of relations in the physiological functions of pigs. Biolohiia Tvaryn. 2015;17(2):65-73. [Ukrainian].
- Naumenko VV. Some features of higher nervous activity and types of the nervous system in pigs. [dissertation abstract] Lviv: LNUVM named after S. Z. Gzhytsky. 1968;36. [Russian].
- Kokorina EP. Conditioned reflexes and productivity of animals. Moscow: Agropromizdat. 1986;335. [Russian].
- Karpovskyi VI, Trokoz VO, Danchuk OV, Postoi RV, Karpovskyi VV, Vasyliv AP. The influence of the main cortical processes on the productivity of pigs during the period of technological stress. Ekolog i Zhivotn Mir. 2016;2:8-13. [Ukrainian].
- Antelman SM, Chiodo LA. Stress: its effect on interaction among biogenic amines and role in the induction and treatment of diseases. In Iverson LS, Iverson SD, Snayder SH eds. Handbook of Phychopharmacology, 18th ed. New York: Plenum Press, 1984:279-341.
- Kim HL, Plaisant O, Leboyer M et al. Reduction of platelet serotonin in major depression (endogenous depression). C.R. Acad. Sci. III. 1982;295:619-22.
- Danchuk VV. Processes of lipid peroxidation, hormonal and substrate mechanisms of regulation of antioxidant system in pig tissues [dissertation] Lviv: UAAS, Institute of Animal Biology, 2002;290. [Ukrainian].
- Danchuk VV, Danchuk AV, Tsepko NL. Oxidative stress - pathology or adaptation? Livestock Ukraine. 2004;4:21-3. [Ukrainian].
- Gray JI, Monahan FJ. Measurement of lipid oxidation in meat and meat products. Trends Food Sci Technol. 1992;3:315-19.
- Vladimirov YA, Azizova OA, Deev AI et al. Free radicals in living systems. The results of science and technology. Ser. Viofizyka. 1991;29.
- Tarasov II. Stress syndrome in pigs. Agriculture abroad. 1982;4:47-9. [Russian].
- Lovell MA, Xie C, Markesbery WR. Decreased glutathione transferase activity in brain and ventricular fluid in Alzheimer's disease. Neurology. 1998;51(6):1562-6.
- Tokarchuk KO, Kapustyanenko LG, Shandrenko SG. The role of aldehydes in development of oxidative stress under rhabdomyolysis in rats. Fiziol Zh. 2013;59(1):25-32. [Ukrainian].
- Sahach VF, Andrukhov OIa. The effect of nitric oxide on the contractile activity of skinned preparations of the smooth muscles of the rat portal vein. 2000;46(1):3-9. [Ukrainian].
- Trokoz VO, Karpovskyi VI, Trokoz AV, Puzir VV, Vasyliv AP, inventors, NULES of Ukraine, assignee. Method of determining the types of higher nervous activity pigs. Ukraine Pat. 70344. 2012 June 11. [Ukrainian].
- Vlizlo VV, ed. Laboratory research methods in biology, livestock and veterinary medicine: reference book. Lviv: Spolom. 2012;761. [Ukrainian].
- Trokoz AV. Influence of typological features of the nervous system on the immunological reactivity of the pig's body [dissertation abstract] Kyiv: Nat. Univ. Life Environmen. Sci. Ukraine; 2014;21. [Ukrainian].
- Danchuk OV, Karpovskyi VI, Trokoz VO, Postoi RV. Regulation mechanisms of cortisol level in pigs' blood serum under stress. Fiziol Zh. 2017;63(6):60-5. [Ukrainian].