SEX CHARACTERISTICS OF HYDROGEN SULFIDE INFLUENCE ON ISCHEMIAREPERFSION IN MIOCARDIUM OF RATS
A.V. Melnyk, N.V. Zaichko, O.A. Khodakovskyi, O.V. Khodakivska
Vinnitsa National Pirogov Medical University, Vinnitsa, Ukraine
The changes of cardiac hemodynamics against the background
of ischemia-reperfusion in 40 male and female white rats and
their relationship to the level of hydrogen sulfide (H2S) in the
blood serum of rats are studied. In the model of ischemiareperfusion
we evaluated the parameters of cardiac hemodynamics
(microcirculation coefficient, left ventricle oxygen
saturation, pressure in right and left ventricle) and content of
hydrogen sulfide in the blood serum. It was found that in males
background level of microcirculation ratio in the left ventricle
and the content of H2S in the blood serum is significantly
lower (by 9-18%) than females. Under experimental occlusion
of left coronary artery H2S level reduce in blood serum is
registered (in males by 64.5%, in females by 51.1%), which
is accompanied by inhibition of microcirculation and oxygen supply of cardiomyocytes of the left ventricle (microcirculation
rate and oxygen saturation are reduced), by weakening of
its contractive capacity and violation of intraventricular
hemodynamics (pressure is reduced in left and right ventricle).
These changes were more pronounced in males than in females.
Reperfusion of coronary vessels in animals of both
sexes did not cause total recovery of H2S content in serum
and cardiac hemodynamics indicators to background levels,
indicating the formation of unrestored coronary circulation
syndrome. Іnfusion of NaHS not only prevented ischemia of
heart muscle, but also contributed to a more complete recanalization
by improving effective perfusion in both males and
females. Correlative analysis showed that H2S level in blood
serum reveals direct links with microcirculation coefficient,
left ventricle oxygen saturation, pressure in right and left
ventricle (in males r = 0.54-0.62; in females r = 0.60-0.70).
These data suggest an important role of H2S system in the
regulation of microcirculation and cardiac hemodynamics in
male and female rats on background of ischemia-reperfusion.
hydrogen sulfide, cardiac hemodynamics, ischemia- reperfusion, sex.
- Regitz-Zagrosek V, Oertelt-Prigione S, Seeland U, Hetzer R. Sex and gender differences in myocardial hypertrophy and heart failure. Circ J. 2010 Jul; 74(7): 1265-73.
- Ostadal B, Ostadal P. Sex-based differences in cardiac ischaemic injury and protection: therapeutic implications. Br J Pharmacol. 2014 Feb; 171(3): 541-54.
- Bouma W, Noma M, Kanemoto S, Matsubara M, Leshnower BG, Hinmon R, et al. Sex-related resistance to myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury is associated with high constitutive ARC expression. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010 May; 298(5): 1510-7.
- Bhupathy P, Haines CD, Leinwand LA. Influence of sex hormones and phytoestrogens on heart disease in men and women. Womens Health (Lond). 2010 Jan; 6(1): 77-95.
- Kimura H. Production and physiological effects of hydrogen sulfide. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2014 Feb; 20(5): 783-93.
- Strutynska NA, Semenykhina OM, Chorna SV, Vavilova GL, Sagach VF. Hydrogen sulfide inhibits Sa2+-induced mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening in adult and old rat heart. Fiziol Zh. 2011; 57(6): 3-14. [Ukrainian].
- Mys LA, Budko AYu, Strutynska NA, Sagach VF. Ryridoxal-5-phosphate restores hydrogen sulfide synthes and redox state of heart and blood vessels tissue in old animals. Fiziol Zh. 2017; 63(1): 3-9. [Ukrainian].
- Mys LA, Strutynska NA, Strutynskyi VR, Sagach VF. activation of endogenous hydrogen sulfide synthesis inhibits mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening and restores constitutive no-synthase coupling in old rat heart. Fiziol Zh. 2017; 63(3): 16-23. [Ukrainian].
- Calvert JW, Coetzee WA, Lefer DJ. Novel Insights Into Hydrogen Sulfide–Mediated Cytoprotection. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling. 2010 May; 12(10): 1203-17.
- Galenko-Yaroshevsky PA, Gatsura VV. Search methods and pre-clinical studies of the specific activity of potential cardiovascular drugs. Krasnodar: Education-South, 2005. [Russian].
- Petryk IO. Monitoring of cardioprotective effect of derivative 3,2 '-spiro-pyrrhol-2-oxindole, compound R-86 in the course of model cardial ischemia when different drug administration is used. Reports of Vinnytsia National Medical University. 2014; 2(18); 441-4. [Ukrainian].
- Khodakivskiy Oa. Experimental investigation of influence of ademol (compound UK-1) to coronary and systemic hemodynamic under narcosis condition. Biomedical and biosocial anthropology. 2011; 1(16): 7-9. [Ukrainian].
- Voloshchuk NI., Taran IV. acute toxicity of hydrogen sulfide and its influence on the antiinflammatory effect of diclophenac in experiment. Medical and clinical chemistry. 2011; 13(4): 88-90. [Ukrainian].
- Zaichko NV, Pentiuk NO, Pentiuk LO, Melnyk AV, Andrushko II. Determination of hydrogen sulfide in blood serum. Bulletin of scientific research, 2009; 1(59), 29-32. [Ukrainian].
- Bian JS, Yong QC, Pan TT, Feng ZN, Ali MY, Zhou S, et al. Role of hydrogen sulfide in the cardioprotection caused by ischemic preconditioning in the rat heart and cardiac myocytes. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006 Feb; 316(2): 670-8.
- Yong QC, Lee SW, Foo CS, Neo KL, Chen X, Bian JS. Endogenous hydrogen sulphide mediates the cardioprotection induced by ischemic postconditioning. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008 Sep; 295(3): 1330-40.
- Yao X, Tan G, He C, Gao Y, Pan S, Jiang H, et al. Hydrogen sulfide protects cardiomyocytes from myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by enhancing phosphorylation of apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2012 Mar; 226(4): 275-85.
- Andreadou I, Iliodromitis EK, Rassaf T, Schulz R, Papapetropoulos A, Ferdinandy P. The role of gasotransmitters NO, H2S and CO in myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury and cardioprotection by preconditioning, postconditioning and remote conditioning. Br J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar; 172(6): 1587-606.
- Hu LF, Li Y, Neo KL, Yong QC, Lee SW, Tan BK, et al. Hydrogen sulfide regulates Na+/H+ exchanger activity via stimulation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt and protein kinase G pathways. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011 Nov; 339(2): 726-35.
- Sagach VF, Shimanskaya TV, Goshovska YV. Effects of stimulation and blockade of the synthesis of endogenous hydrogen sulfide at myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. Fiziol Zh. 2013; 59(4): 8-15. [Ukrainian].