CHANGES IN THE MORPHOFUNCTIONAL STATE OF ENDOCRINE AND IMMUNE SYSTEMS OF INDUSTRIAL GROWTH QUAILS UNDER STRESS
V.G. Stoyanovskyy, L.S. Garmata, I.A. Kolomiіets, O.I. Kamratska
Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named after S.Z. Gzhytsky, Lviv, Ukraine
It was investigated functional status and compensatory
adaptation morphogenesis of microstructures of pituitary,
adrenal, thyroid, thymus, bursa Fabricius, spleen of industrial
growth quails breed «pharaoh» under stress at different periods
of ontogenesis. It was established that the development of
anxiety stage at 40 daily quails accompanied by activation of
the hypothalamic-pituitary adrenocorticotropic system in the
form of increased secretory activity of basophils in pituitary
with simultaneous stress-induced increase of corticosteroids
in interrenal tissue, decreased secretory activity hromaphins in
adrenal glands and increase synthetic and secretory activity in
thyroid. The course of immuno-physiological reactions in the
immune-competing tissues of the thymus and bursa under the
influence of stress was characterized by a decrease in the index
by 12.8 - 58.9%, the area of cortical substance - by 31.2%,
in the spleen - the appearance of primary lymphoid nodes in
the amount of 2,50±0,11 compared to the original state. At
75 days of age, the development of the stage of resistance
coincided with the period of sexual activity and manifested
by a decrease in the functional reserves of the organs of the
endocrine and immune system, the intensity of the processes
pituitary; adrenal gland; thyroid; thymus; bursa Fabricius; spleen; adaptation; quails; stress.
- Chen Z, Zhang JR, Zhou YW, Liang C, Jiang YY. Effect of heat stress on the pituitary and testicular development of Wenchang chicks. Arch. Anim. Breed. 2015; 58:373-378.
- Gavreliuk SV, Chykina IV. Effect of chronic immobilization stress on the development of endothelial dysfunction in rats. Fiziol. Zh. 2017; 63(2): 56-64. [Ukrainian].CrossRef
- Gorelikova OI, Dzerzhynskyj ME, Pustovalov AS, Tormasova AV. The influence of immunization on bird hypothalamus-thyroid axys. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Series: Biology. 2010; (56): 10-17. [Ukrainian].
- Fedoruk RS, Khrabko MI, Dolaychuk OP. Effect of germanium citrate on the immunophysiological activity in rats. Fiziol. Zh. 2017; 63(2): 65-72. [Ukrainian] CrossRef
- Nischemenko NP, Trokoz VO, Poroshynska OA, Stovbecka LS, Emelynenko AA. Hematological and reproductive parameters of the quails under inflluence of amino acids and vitamin e complexes. Fiziol. Zh. 2017; 63(5): 34-40. CrossRef
- Stojanovskyj VG, Garmata LS, Kolomiiets IA. Function of quail immune system at different periods of postnatal ontogenesis. Scientific Messenger of LNU of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies. 2016; 3(70):36-40. [Ukrainian].
- Žikić D, Ušćebrka G, Gledić D, Lazarević M, Stojanović S, Kanački Z. The influence of long term sound stress on histological structure of broiler's adrenal glands. Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry. 2011; 27 (4): 1613-1619.
- Goralskyj LP, Homych VT, Kononskyj OI. The main base of histological techniques and morphological methods in normal and pathological conditions. Zhytomyr: "Polissja". 2005. 288. [Ukrainian].
- Bruno R MYOuller, Hisly Any S. Medeiros, Renato S. de Sousa, Carla FM Molento. Chronic welfare restrictions and adrenal gland morphology in broiler chickens. Poultry Science. 2015; 94:574-578.
- Klymenko OM. Transamination enzyme activity and their relationship with protein and uric acid in the thymus of vertebrates of different taxonomic groups. Scientific Messenger of LNU of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies. 2001; 3/3:56-58. [Ukrainian].
- Voronina OK. The adrenal glands of birds: cytophysiology and participating in stress reaction. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Series: Biology.2003; 39-40: 97-100. [Ukrainian].
- Gunchak AV, Ratych IB, Fedyk JJ. Morphohistological structure of thyroid and liver of quails and hens at different levels of iodine in their diet. The Animal Biology.2013; 15/4:22-26. [Ukrainian].
- Patejuk AV, Kuznyk BY, Rusaeva NS, Baranchugova LM. Morphofunctional characteristic of birds thyroid in ontogenesis. advances in gerontology. 2008; 4: 688-692. [Russian].
- Senapati MR, Behera PC, Maity A, Mandal AK. Comparative histomorphological study on the thymus with reference to its immunologicalimportance in quail, chicken and duck. Explor Anim Med Res. 2015; 5(1):73-77.
- Dzerzhynskyj ME, Pazjuk LM, Buzynska NO, Oleksijenko NV, Roslova NM. Oxytocin and melatonin adaptation influence on bursa of Fabricius under cooling stress and darkness. Bulletin of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. 2010; 56:19-21. [Ukrainian].
- Apatenko VM. Veterinary immunology and immunopathology. Kiev: Urozhaj, 1994.128. [Ukrainian].
- Zainab A, Al-Ali Majdy, Faisal Jalal Yaseen. Histological and molecular study of spleen in japanese quail under thermal condition. Bas.J.Vet.Res.2017; 16(1):2-10. CrossRef