Dynamics of regeneration of striated muscles in rats with posttraumatic reflex contractures
U.D. Matolych, V.V. Pankevych, S.V. Ushtan
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Ukraine
In the comparative aspect the regeneration processes of striated muscles of hind left leg were researched
in rats with posttraumatic reflex contractures against the background of physiotherapeutic treatment. Macroscopic
and microscopic evaluation of pathomorphological changes has been conducted in this work. A
relative area of myogenic elements (striated muscle elements), connective-tissue elements and neovasculature
in the muscular-connective tissue in the scar in percentage has been determined using the method of point
counting (field method). Depending on the signs of pain behavior (behavioral changes, additional signs),
the intensity of myogenic pain syndrome (low, moderate, high, very high) has been studied. It has been
established that the use of magnetic-laser therapy led to the formation of muscular-connective tissue scar
up to the 28th day with a predominance of a portion of striated muscle tissue of 90.74±0.17 %. Behavioral
and motor responses became normalized; no pain was observed in 56 % of rats, pain intensity was low
in 44 %. In animals with the same trauma that were not treated, the portion of striated muscle tissue was
37.08±0.34 %, and signs of pain of high and moderate intensity were observed. By the 28th day, the animals
could brace against their hind limbs while moving, but due to a sharp restriction of the function of the left
hind limb, they could not move freely. The obtained results are the basis for developing new approaches to
improving the methods of remedial treatment of contractures using magnetic-laser therapy.
Striated muscles; posttraumatic reflex contractures; magnetic-laser therapy
- Dydykin SS, Semkyn VA, Ibrahimov ZI. Topographicanatomical structure of the pterygo-mandibular space and its role in the development of postinjection contracture of the lower jaw. Reports Vinnytsia Nat Med Univ. 2006; 10(2): 325-6. [Ukrainian].
Matolych UD, Ushtan SV, Lapovets LYe, Horytskyy VM, Akimova VM. Dynamics of changes in humoral immunity in complicated and uncomplicated fractures of the lower jaw. Immun Allergol. 2009; 2–3: 150–1. [Ukrainian]
- Tsyhykalo O. Topographical anatomy and operative surgery. Kiev: Naukova Dumka. 2011; 312. [Ukrainian].
- Chemidronov SN, Gomoyunova SL, Pavlova IA, Gelashvily PA. The structural reorganization of blood microcirculation beds components in skeletal muscles of the rats after sectoral resection of the muscles venter. Morpholog Newsletter. 2007; 1-2: 144-7.
- Makarov IV, Yamschikov NV, Makarova NV, Fedyatchkin AN. Morphological changes of skeletal muscular tissue and microcirculatory system in experimental atherosclerosis and hypergravitation environment. Morpholog Newsletter. 2007; 1-2: 76-80.
- Stanishevskaya TI, Anosov IP. The influence of different thyroid status on electrophysiological and myographical parameters of skeletal muscles contraction in white rats. Fiziol Zh. 2016; 62(2): 57-63. [Ukrainian].
- Eng CM, Smallwood LH, Rainiero MP, Lahey M, Ward SR, Lieber RL. Scaling of muscle architecture and fiber types in the rat hindlimb. J Exp Biol. 2008; 211: 2336-45.
- Panto VI, Shymon VM. Laser radiation in clinical surgery. Cherkasy: Vertykal; 2010; 244. [Ukrainian].
- Zubkova SM. Biophysical foundations of laser therapy. Rus J Physiotherapy, Balneol Rehabilit. 2009; 1: 3-9.
- Samosiuk IZ, lyseniuk VP, loboda MV. Laser therapy and laser puncture in clinical and spa practice. Kiev: Health; 1997; 237. [Ukrainian].
- Peixinho CC, Martins NS da F, de Oliveira LF, Machado JC. Reliability of Measurements of Rat Lateral Gastrocnemius Architectural Parameters Obtained from Ultrasound Biomicroscopic Images. PLOS ONE. 2014; 9(2): 691-4.
- Fedyachkin AN, Makarov IV, Yamshchikov NV, Tulaeva ON. The effect of increased gravity on the state of skeletal muscle tissue and microcirculatory channel in conditions of experimental atherosclerosis. Health Edu Millennium. 2007; 3(9): 312-3.
- Mokryk OJ, Nazarevich MR. Modern achievements in physiotherapy treatment of pain syndrome in patients with pathological processes in maxillofacial area. Med Hydro Rehabilit. 2012; 10(1): 19-23. [Ukrainian].
- Flecknell PA, Liles JH. Evaluation of locomotor activity and food and water consumption as a method of assessing postoperative pain in rodents. Anim Pain. 1992; 1: 482-8.
- Avtandilov GG. Medical morphometry. M: Medicine. 1990; 384.
- Odintsova IO. Histological criteria for healing of the cutaneous muscle injury in the experiment. Fundamental and applied problems of histology. Histogenesis and tissue regeneration. St.P.: MmedA. 2004; 257: 88-93. [Russian].