THE PSYCHOPHYSIOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FUNCTIONAL STATE OF THE FLIGHT PERSONNEL THAT PARTICIPATED IN THE PEACEKEEPING MISSION ON THE AFRICAN CONTINENT
V.V. Kalnysh1, S.M. Shchepankov2, S.M. Pashkovsky3
- Ukrainian Military Medical Academy, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Central Military Medical Commission, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Military Medical Clinical Centre of the Central Region,
The paper highlights the investigation into the peculiarities of
transforming the psychophysiological functions of the flight
personnel. It also deals with the assessment of the level of the emotional tension and tiredness which develop in the process
of the participation in the peacekeeping mission on the territory
of the African continent. The investigation has been carried
out by means of the software and hardware system ПФИ-2
Chronoreflexometer». The helicopter unit flight personnel has
been examined before its participation in the peacekeeping
mission and after its nine-month-long stay in the Republic
of Liberia. It has been established that the nine-month-long
participation in the peacekeeping mission resulted in the
development of tiredness in the flight personnel, the above
being proved by the worsening of the following parameters:
simple visual-motor reaction -by 133%, variability of simple
visual-motor reaction – by 210%, premature reaction to the
moving object-by 160%, the number of the premature reactions
to the moving object – by 192%, the number of retentions in
the reaction to the moving object – by 493%, the duration of
regular reactions in time of assessing the spatial orientation –
by 179%, the number of error reactions under assessing spatial
orientations – by 202%, the number of error reactions under
assessing spatial orientation – by 211%. A number of parameters
remained constant: the latent period and variability of
the complex visual-motor reaction, the functional movability
of nervous processes, the duration of retarded reactions to the
moving object. It has been shown that the psychophysiological
functions whose level has not changed considerably (but
in some cases has even improved) can be used for assessing
the professional suitability during the professional selection
and monitoring of professionally important qualities of the
Psychophysiological qualities; psychophysiological functions; flight personnel; tiredness; emotional tension
- Briner R. The neglect and importance of emotion at work. Eur J. Work and Organizat Psychol. 1999; 8: 323-46.
- Coniam D. Subjects' reactions to computer-based tests. Educ. Technol. Syst. 1998-1999; 27 (3): 195-206.
- Kalnysh VV. The changes in the tension of the body subsystems in people working in shifts. Med Lab and Indust Ecol. 1994; 11: 36 – 9. [Ukrainian].
- Kalnysh VV, Shvets AV. The psychophysiological peculiarities of helicopter pilots of the Ukrainian peacekeeping contingent. Mil Med Ukr. 2007; 7 (3): 86-93. [Ukrainian].
- Kokun OM. The quantitative and qualitative assessment of the long-term psychological readiness of servicemen for the peacekeeping mission. Bull National Univ Defence of Ukraine. 2011; 5(24): 153-8. [Ukrainian].
- Korobeynikova LG, Makarchuk MYu, Korobeynikov GV, Mischenko VS, Zapovitryana OB. States of psychophysiologikal functions of elite athletes in different aging groups. Fiziol Zh. 2016; 62(6): 81-7. [Ukrainian].
- Malakhov MA, Chyslitoka OV. The psychophysiological peculiarities of the course of the adaptation process of servicemen under performing actions for their intender purposes under peacekeeping operations. Bull Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National Univ. 2011; 26: 89-93. [Ukrainian].
- McCrary BF., Van Syoc D.L. Permanent flying disqualifications of USAF pilots and navigators 1995-1999. Aviat. Space Environ Med. 2002; 73 (11):1117-21.
- Smirnov K.M. Blind tiredness. The Hygiene Lab and Professional Diseases. 1989; 2: 28-31 [Russian].
- Fedak SS. The effects of physical training on the efficiency of military professional training during peacekeeping operations. Sport Sci Ukraine 2013; 7(58): 36-40 [Ukrainian].
- Firsov AG. The soft-and hardware complex for assessing the typological peculiarities of the central nervous system of man. Cybern and Comput Science. 2010; 162: 28-35 [Russian].
- Shvets AV, Kalnysh VV. The efficiency of the professional activities and their relations to the psychophysiological characteristics of Ukrainian peacekeepers. Mil Medic Ukraine 2007; 17 (1-2): 47-55 [Ukrainian].
- Shchepankov SM, Kravchuk VV, Pashkovsky SM. The peculiarities of the effects of climatic factors on the body of the flight personnel of peacekeeping contingent in Liberia. Mil Medic Ukraine 2016; 16 (1): 64-71 [Ukrainian].
- Shchepankov SM. The characteristics of complication and intensity of work of aviation experts of the peacekeeping contingent. Mil Med Ukraine 2016, 16 (2): 102-8 [Ukrainian].
© National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, 2014-2021.