Evaluation of influence of heavy metals, iodine and fluoride deficiency on the indices of the immune system of rats with gingivitis
N.V. Malko1, O. М. Vynogradova1, O.O. Bandrivska2, Y.L. Bandrivsky2
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Ukraine
- I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University, Ukraine
The experimental studies on 80 white rats, which were divided into 4 groups of 20 animals each, were
conducted to estimate the influence of anthropogenic load in conditions of iodine, fluorine deficit on the
state of periodontal tissues in rats. Group 1 – intact animals; group 2 – rats with peroxidation model of
gingivitis; group 3 – animals exposed to heavy metals, by adding to the water of inorganic toxicants of
cadmium and lead on the background of experimental model of gingivitis; group 4 – rats with experimental
gingivitis on the background of exposure to heavy metals, iodine deficit, which was caused by the addition
of water mercazole and fluoride deficit, which was modeled by keeping animals on a low calorie diet. The
analysis of immunological status of experimental animals was estimated for the content of cytokines in blood
serum. The content of cytokines (IL-1β, IL-6, TNF-α, IL-4) in blood serum of rats was determined by ELISA
using commercial sets „Vector Best” and transforming growth factor – β1 (TGF-β1) by using the system
Quanticine. As a result of researches it is established that minimal immunological changes according to
the results of studies were observed in group 2 of animals with modeled gingivitis and a maximal in group
4, where experimental gingivitis was modeled with a combined effect of anthropogenic factors, which in turn emphasizes the importance of xenobiotics in combination with deficit of essential microelements and
intensification of the inflammatory process in animals.
Gingivitis; rats; blood seru; toxic factors
- Ostapko OI. The influence of environmental factors on the level of dental health of Ukrainian children. Bull NMU OO. Bogomolets, 2007, 162-4. [Ukrainian].
- Savychuk OV, Nemyrovych YP, Golibyeva IM. Clinical efficacy of complex prevention of caries and gingivitis in children population of ecologically adverse regions. News Dent (3), 2007, 82-4. [Ukrainian].
- Leus PO. Pilot project. Optimization system of dental care to children population. Bull Dent (2), 2010: 141-46. [Belorussia].
- Lozovyi MP, Nikitina AV, Kuzmenko LI. The results of monitoring study the effects of air quality on the health of the child population. Sci Bull NMU OO. Bogomolets (27), 2010, 143-45. [Ukrainian].
- Kryuchenko NV. The presence of fluoride in underground waters of Ukraine and the diseases associated with it. Search Env Geochem (1), 2001, 9-13. [Ukrainian].
- Petrovska M. The health of the population in Lviv region as a result of reaction to changes in the environment. Bull Lviv Univ Ser Geogr. 39, 2011, 267-77. [Ukrainian].
- Khaitov RM. Clinical allergology, a guide for practical doctors. Moscow: Medpresinform, 2002: 624. [Russian].
- Lapovets LE, Lutsyk BD, Akimova VM, Lebed GB, Zubchenko SO. Manual of laboratory immunology. Lviv, 2014: 300. [Ukrainian].
- Yakovlev MY. Endotoxin aggression as premorbidity or a universal factor of pathogenesis of diseases of humans and animals. Suc Mod Biochem (1), 2003: 31-40. [Ukrainian].
- Levytsky AP, Denga OV, Makarenko OA, Khromagina LN. Experimental methods of playback of gingivitis. Odessa, 2013: 14. [Ukrainian].
- Severynovska AV, Grygorova NA, Zaychenko OY, Rybalchenko VK. The influence of eco-pathogenic factors of environment on antioxidant protection system in the departments of cerebrum of rats. Fiziol Zh 52 (6), 2006: 85-92. [Ukrainian].
- Vynogradov VM, Katkova EB, Mukhin EA. Pharmacology with the recipe, 5 th ed. Rev. Sankt Peterburg, Spetslit. 2009: 864. [Russian].