INFLUENCE OF MELANINE ON MORPHOFUNCTIONAL INDICES OF RAT SKIN WITH CHEMICAL BURNER AND FULL-THICKNESS WOUND
O.V. Taburets, V.V. Vereschaka, T.V. Beregova, L.I. Ostapchenko
Education and Research center «Institute of Biology» Taras
Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
On white nonlinear male rats (200-250 g), we investigated
the content of moisture, collagen, melted gelatin and the temperature
of welding in the skin of animals with full-thickness
wounds and chemical burn, without treatment and under the
treatment by a new pharmacological melanin-containing
composition. The physical and chemical indices of the skin
were examined on white nonlinear male rats (the full-thickness
wound was simulated with a stencil and surgical tweezers,
chemical burn, by subcutaneous injection with 0.1 ml (10%)
of CaCl2. Moisture content was reduced by 36% in a wound,
during chemical burn by 48%. In addition, we observed an
increase in the collagen content by 40 and 52%, respectively.
When correcting the pathology by melanin, the normalization
of the investigated parameters was detected. As tissue scarring
does not occur, the gelatin yield decreases in the cut wounds
by 40 %, and the skin welding temperature decreases. Тhe
melanin composition that we created can be recommended
as a dermatotropic agent for the treatment of skin wounds of
full-thickness wound; chemical burn; collagen; melanin.
- Guo S, Dipietro L. Factors affecting wound healing. J Dent Res. 2010 Mar; 89 (3):219-29.
- Cheret J, Lebonvallet N, Carre J, Misery L. Influence of sensory neuropeptides on human cutaneous wound healing process. J Dermatol Sci. 2014; Jun 74(3):193-203.
- Hamed S, Bennett C.L, Demiot C, Desmouliere A. Erythropoietin, a novel repurposed drug: an innovative treatment for wound healing in patients with diabetes mellitus. Wound Repair Regen. 2014;22(1):23-33.
- Cetin EO, Yesil-Celiktas O, Cavusoglu T. Incision wound healing activity of pine bark extract containing topical formulations: A study with histopathological and biochemical analyses in albino rats. Pharmazie. 2013;68:75-80.
- Sun BK, Siprashvili Z, Khavari PA. Advances in skin grafting and . treatment of cutaneous wounds. Science. 2014;346:941-5.
- Richmond NA, Lamel SA, Davidson JM, Martins-Green M, Sen CK, Tomic-Canic M, Vivas AC, Braun LR, Kirsner RS. US–National Institutes of Health-funded research for cutaneous wounds in 2012. Wound Repair Regen. 2013;21:789-92. [PubMed].
- Nayak BS, Anderson M, Pinto Pereira LM: Evaluation of wound-healing potential of Catharanthus roseus leaf extract in rats. Fitoterapia. 2007;78:540-4.
- Taburets OV, Morgaienko OO, Kondratiuk TO, Beregova TV, Ostapchenko LI. The Effect of «Melanin-Gel» on the Wound Healing. RJPBCS. 2016;7(3):2031-8.
- Garg VK, Paliwal SK. Wound-healing activity of ethanolic and aqueous ex- tracts of Ficus benghalensis. J Adv Pharm Technol Res. 2011;2:110-4.
- Maxson S, Lopez EA, Yoo D et al. Concise review: Role of mesenchymal stem cells in wound repair. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2012;1:142-9.
- Bilyayeva O, Neshta V, Golub A, Sams-Dodd F. Effects of SertaSil on wound healing in the rat. J Wound Care. 2014 Aug;23(8):140-6.
- Okhmat OA, Plavan VP, Mokrousova OP, Danilkovich AG. Chemical analysis and physical and mechanical tests of skin and fur: methodological instructions for laboratory work on the discipline «Analytical control in fur and leather production''. KNUTD. Kiev. 2006; 60-4. [Ukrainian].
- Vereshchaka VV. Physico-chemical properties of the collagen of the skin of healthy people of all ages and people with symptoms of senile sagging. Dermatol and Venereol. 2007; 4 (38):12-8. [Ukrainian].
- Mavrova DI. Metall maintenance and physical-chemical indices of unaffected skin site under chronic dermatosis. Dermatol and Venereol. 2009;3(45):62-6.
- Marik PE, Flemmer M. The immune response to surgery and trauma: Implications for treatment. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;73(4):801-8.