INFLUENCE OF EXPERIMENTAL CHRONIC SOCIAL STRESS ON BILE ACIDS CONTENT IN THE BILE OF MALE RATS
A.M. Liashevych, I. I. Tubalceva, Ye.M. Reshetnik, O.V. Bondarenko, S.P. Veselsky, M.Yu. Makarchuk
Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Ukraine
The male rats’ bile acids compositions of bile under the experimental chronic social stress conditions were
investigated. It was found that the concentration of conjugated
bile acids in rat bile was significantly lower in stressed animals
than in the control group. Taurocholic acid concentration in
the bile of stressed animals were 23,4 – 23,6 %) lower than
in the control group. Chenodeoxycholic and deoxycholic
taurine conjugates concentration in stressed animals bile
was 18,9 – 23,14 % lower than in the control group. The
concentration of the bile acids conjugated with glycine in
stressed male rats’ bile was lower than in the control group
too (glycocholic acid – 32,9 – 51,3 % lower than the control
values, and the concentration of glycochenodeoxycholic and
glycodeoxycholic acids – 33,8 – 55,7 % lower than the control
values). The concentration of free cholic acid in stressed male
rats’ bile was also lower than the control values 33,7 – 48,2 %.
But in stressed animals bile samples chenodeoxycholic and
deoxycholic acids concentrations was 19,8 – 25 % higher than
in control samples of bile. The most significant difference in
bile acids content of the male rats with chronic social stress bile
and in the bile of the control group rats was in the emergence of
the lithocholic and taurolithocholic acids in the hepatic secret
of stressed animal. We can propose that in the chronic social
stress conditions in the male rat liver processes of synthesis,
biotransformation and transport of bile acids into the bile were
inhibited. The role of chronic social stress in disorders of bile
formation and the role of bile acids as bioactive regulatory
compounds in occurrence and progression of stress-induced
pathologies are require a fundamental research.
liver; bile; bile acid; chronic social stress
- Baraboi VA, Reznikov OH. Physiology, biochemistry and psychology of stress. Monograph. 2013. [Ukrainian].
- Harasymiv IM. Effect of cold stress on liver function zhovchoutvoryuvalnu experiment. J Res. 2014;1:96-7. [Ukrainian].
- Shkurashivska SV, Ersteniuk HM. Dynamics of lipid metabolism in tissues and organs of experimental animals under conditions of stress adrenaline. Med Clin Chem. 2015;17(4):34-7. [Ukrainian].
- Zahaiko AL, Voronina LM, Kaliman PA, Strelchenko KV. Influence of chronic social stress on lipid metabolism in golden Syrian hamsters. Ukr Biochem J. 2008;80(4):120-9. [Ukrainian].
- Chuang J-C, Cui H, Mason L. Chronic social defeat stress disrupts regulation of lipid synthesis. J Lipid Res. 2010.1344-53.
- Scott KA, Melhorn SJ, Sakai RR. Effects of Chronic Social Stress on Obesity. Curr Obes Rep. 2012;1(1):16-25.
- Chiang JY. Bile Acid Metabolism and Signaling. Compr Physiol. 2013;3(3):1191–1212.
- Zhao C, Dahlman-Wright C. Liver X receptor in cholesterol metabolism. J Endocrinol. 2010;204:233-240.
- Vasheka IP, Veselskyi SP, Horenko ZA, Hrinchenko OA, Karbovska LS, Makarchuk MYu. Impact on amilinu range holativ bile in rats. Fiziol Zh. 2014;60(3):46-53. [Ukrainian].
- Norlin M, Wikvall K. Enzymes in the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids. Curr Mol Med. 2007;7(2):199-218.
- Trauner M, Claudel T, Fickert P, Moustafa T, Wagner M. Bile acids as regulators of hepatic lipid and glucose metabolism. Dig Dis. 2010;28(1):220-224.
- Fuchs C, Claudel T, Trauner M. Bile acid-mediated control of liver triglycerides. Semin Liver Dis. 2013;33(4):330-42.
- Zhou H, Hylemon PB. Bile acids are nutrient signaling hormones. Steroids. 2014;86:62-68.
- Pierre JF, Martinez KB, Ye H. Activation of bile acid signaling improves metabolic phenotypes in high-fat dietinduced obese mice. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;311(2):286-304.
- Maleszka A, Dumnicka P, Matuszyk A. The Diagnostic Usefulness of Serum Total Bile Acid Concentrations in the Early Phase of Acute Pancreatitis of Varied Etiologies. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18(1).
- European convention for protestion of vertebrate animals used for experimental and other scientific purpose. Book European convention for protestion of vertebrate animals used for experimental and other scientific purpose. Editor Strasbourg, 18.03.1986.
- The Law of Ukraine "On protection of animals from cruelty" from 21.02.2006 number 3447-IV. Supreme Council of Ukraine. 2006;27:230.
- Kudryavtseva N. A sensory contact model for the study of aggressive and submissive behavior in male mice. Aggressive Behavior. 1991;17(5):285-91.
- Method for determining zhelchnuh acids in the fluid Biology: A.s.4411066 /14USSR, MBY G01 N33/50/SP Veselskyi, PS Liashchenko, YA Lukianenko. N1624322.
- Filimonova NB, Fil IO, Mykhailova TS. Statistical analysis of the data according to the principles of science-based medicine. Initial analysis of quantitative data, experimental results presentation. Medcine Railway Transport of Ukraine. 2004;4:30-8. [Ukrainian].
- Filimonova NB, Fil IO. Statistical analysis of the data according to the principles of science-based medicine. Comparison groups in quantitative terms. Med Transport Ukr. 2005;4:86-93. [Ukrainian].
- Boyer JL. Bile Formation and Secretion. Comp. Physiol. 2013;3(3):1035-78.
- Sjöberg BG. Studies on cholesterol and bile acid metabolism in relation to plasma lipoproteins. THESIS FOR DOCTORAL DEGREE (Ph.D.). Stockholm, 2016. ISBN978-91-7676-299-8.
- Matsubara T, Tanaka N, Patterson AD, Cho J-Y, Krausz KW, Gonzalez FJ. Lithocholic acid disrupts phospholipid and sphingolipid homeostasis leading to cholestasis. Hepatology. 2011;53(4):1282-93. .