EFFECT OF CHRONIC IMMOBILIZATION STRESS ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN RATS
S.V. Gavreliuk, I.V. Chykina
National University of Physical Education and Sport of
We studied the impact of prolonged immobilization on
adaptation of the cardiovascular system in 100-day-old
rats, in particular, the possibility of stress evaluation via
extrapolation of expression of endothelial dysfunction
induced experimentally. The animals were examined by
ultrasonic scanning within 10 days of immobilization stress.
According to the changes in leukogram, it was found that
the first stage of stress (anxiety) was short or unexpressed,
the second stage (resistance) was observed from the 2nd to
the 7th day, and the stage of exhaustion developed on the
8th day. As a result of analysis of variance, hemodynamics
revealed some features of the restructuring of the reaction
vessel wall, depending on the stage of the stress. The stage
of resistance was characterized by intraluminal diameter
of the abdominal aorta at the level of 1.5 ± 0.1 mm, the
thickness of the structure and the intima-media at 0.28 ±
0.04 mm and endothelial sensitivity to acetylcholine. Under
stress, the signs of endothelial dysfunction were detected:
the changes in the structure of the intima-media and the
lack of response of the endothelium to acetylcholine, and
the characteristics of abdominal aortic wall remodeling:
thickening of the intima-media complex to 0,35 ± 0,06 mm
and an increased intraluminal diameter to 1.9 ± 0.1 mm. The
changes in speed of hemodynamic parameters determined
a decrease in the mean blood flow velocity and an increase
n the stiffness of the abdominal aortic wall.
immobilization stress; endothelial dysfunction; abdominal aorta; hemodynamic parameters.
- Selye H. Stress and Disease. Science. 1955;122(3171): 625-31.
- Akarachkova ES, Vershinina SV, Kotova OV, Rjabokon' IV. Basics of the therapy and prevention of stress and its effects in children and adolescents. Cur pediatr. 2013;12(3):38-44. [Russian].
- Garkavi LH, Kvakina EB, Kuz'menko TS. Antistress reactions and activation therapy. The reaction of activation as a way to health through self-organization processes. Moskow: Imedis. 1998. [Russian].
- Sumin AN, Sumina LJu, Galizmjanov DM, Vasil'eva ND. Reaction hemodynamics and endothelium-dependent vasodilation in response to stress, muscle relaxation, and their combination in healthy adolescents. Cardiovasc Therapy Prevent. 2006;7:69-74. [Russian].
- Drachuk K.O., Kotsjuruba A.V., Sagach V.F. Hydrogen sulfide donor, NaHS, recovers constitutive NO synthesis and endotelium-dtpendent relaxation of isolated aorta in old rats. Fiziol Zh. 2015;61(6):3-10. [Ukrainian].
- Gavreliuk SV. Study status of peripheral vascular in adolescent boys depending on the functional state of the autonomic nervous system. Actual Probl Mod Med Vol. 2015;1(53):189-93. [Russian].
- Kushnir SM, Antonova LK. Vegetative-regulatory maladjustment in adolescent children. Terminology, formation mechanisms, classification. Upper Volg Med J. 2011;4:102-7. [Russian].
- Bruyndonckx L, Hoymans VY, De Guchtenaere A, Van Helvoirt M, Van Craenenbroeck EM, Frederix G, Lemmens K, Vissers DK, Vrints CJ, Ramet J, Conraads Diet VM. Diet, exercise, and endothelial function in obese adolescents. Pediatrics. 2015;135(3):653-61.
- Wei Y, Liu G, Yang J, Zheng R, Jiang L, Bao P. The association between metabolic syndrome and vascular endothelial dysfunction in adolescents. Exp Therap Med. 2013;5(6):1663-6.
- Daviu N, Rabasa C, Nadal R, Armario A. Comparison of the effects of single and daily repeated immobilization stress on resting activity and heterotypic sensitization of the hypothalamicpituitary-adrenal axis. Stress. 2014;17(2):176-85.
- Bruder-Nascimento T, Campos DH, Cicogna AC, Cordellini S. Chronic Stress Improves NO- and Ca2+ Flux-Dependent Vascular Function: A Pharmacological Study. Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia. 2015;104(3):226-33.
- Mahin'ko VI, Nikitin VN. Constant growth and functional development periods of postnatal life in albino rats. K.: Naukova Dumka. 1975; p. 308-26. [Russian].
- Gelashvili OA. Option periodization biologically similar stages of ontogeny of human and rat. Sarat J Med Sci Res. 2008;4(4):125-6. [Russian].
- Kozinec GI, Pogorelov VM, Shmarov DA. Blood cells - modern technology analysis. Moskow: Triadafarm. 2002. [Russian].
- Leljuk VG, Leljuk SJe. Ultrasonic Angiology. M.: Real'noe vremja. 2003. [Russian].
- Villar IC, Francis S, Webb A, Hobbs AJ, Ahluwalia A. Novel aspects of endothelium-dependent regulation of vascular tone. Kidn Int. 2006;70:840-53.
- Lupinskaja ZA, Zarif'jan AG, Gurovich TC, Shlejfer SG. The endothelium: Function and Dysfunction. B.: KRSU. 2008. [Russian].
- Zhao Y, Vanhoutte PM, Leung SW. Vascular nitric oxide: Beyond eNOS. Pharmacol Sci. 2015;129(2):83-94.
- Selye H. Stress and he general adaptation syndrome. BMJ. 1950;1(4667):1383-92.
- Babijchuk LV, Babijchuk VG, Sirotenko LA, Malova NG, Koval' SN. Influence of cryopreserved cord blood nucleated klktok the level of the end products of nitric oxide metabolism in blood serum of rats of different age groups on the background of stress-induced hypertension. Theor Exp Med. 2015;3(68):5-9. [Russian].
- Bo SJ. Vascular Endothelial Dysfunction and Pharmacological Treatment. World J Cardiol. 2015;7(11):719-41.