VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL GROWTH FACTOR DURING PHYSICAL LOADS WITH DIFFERENT MECHANISM OF ENERGY’S PROVIDING OF MUSCULAR WORK
Ju.D. Vinnichuck, L.M. Gunina
Scientific Institute of the National University of Physical
Education and Sport of Ukraine, Kyiv
In the article the results of investigation of vascular endothelial
growth factor’s (VEGF) maintenance changes at the oxidative
stress caused by physical activities and associated tissue
hypoxia, for the representatives of types of sport with the
different mechanisms of energy providing of muscular work
are presented. The highest VEGF concentration of serum
was marked in sports with representatives of aerobic energy
supply mechanism of muscle activity – from 122.8±3.4 to
126.2±4.1 pg.ml-1, intermediate values in VEGF marked in
a mixed mechanism energy - 102.4±4.91 pg.ml-1. Anaerobic
muscle activity observed providing the lowest of VEGF
value (78.5±5.2 pg.ml-1). Initial VEGF concentration in
athletes even before the current load is higher than in the
healthy untrained people. A statistically significant positive
correlation between the degree of antioxidant protection and
the VEGF concentration has been found. It is concluded, that
angiogenesis is one of the mechanisms of adaptation to tissue
hypoxia during physical activities.
Scientific Institute of the National University of Physical
Education and Sport of Ukraine, Kiеv
physical activities, angiogenesis, oxidative stress, cellular membranes.
- Blix AS, Walloe L, Folkow LP. Regulation of brain temperature in winter-acclimatization reideer under heat stress. J Exp Biol. 2011;214(Pt 22):3850-6.
- Döring S, Onur A, Fischer M, Boulay L, Pérusse T, Rankinen R, et al. A common haplotype and the Pro582Ser polymorphism of the hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF1A) gene in elite endurance athletes.J Appl Physiol. 2010;108(6):1497-1500.
- Holtzclaw JD, Grimm PR, Sansom SC. Role of BK channels in hypertension and potassium cecretion. Curr. Opin. Nephrol. Hypertens 2011;20(5):512-7.
- Gunіna LM, Olіynik SA, Іvanov SV. Changes in blood and prooxidant-oxidant balance in erythrocyte membranes during intense physical exertion. Medicinal chemistry 2007;9(1):91-9. Ukrainian.
- Gunga HC, Kirsh K, Rocker L. Vascular endothelial growth factor in exercising humans under different environmental conditions. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1999;79(6):484-90.
- Laufs U, Urhausen A, Werner N. Running exercise of different duration and intensity: effect on endothelial progenitor cells in healthy subjects. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2005;12(4):407-14.
- Pugh CW, Ratcliffe PJ. Regulation of angiogenesis by hypoxia: role of the HIF system. Nature Medicine 2003;9(6):677-84.
- Audet GN, Meek TH, Garland T, Olfert IM. Expression of angiogenic regulators and skeletal muscle capillarity in selectively bred high aerobic capacity mice. Exp Physiol. 2011;96(11):1138-50.
- Eynon N, Ruiz J, Oliveira J, Duarte J, Birk R, Lucia A. Genes and elite athletes: a roadmap for future research. J Physiol. 2011;589(Pt 13):3063-70.
- Hoppeler H, Vogt M. Muscle tissue adaptations to hypoxia. J Exp Biol. 2001;204(Pt 18):3133-9.
- Mason S, Johnson R. The role of HIF-1 in hypoxic response in the skeletal muscle. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;618:229-44.
- Serebrovskaya TV. Hypoxia-inducible factor: role in the pathophysiology of respiration (review). Ukrainian Journal of Pulmonology 2005;(3):77-81. [Russian].
- Shvets NI, Davydov VV. Age features of changes in glutathione system in rat heart during immobilization stress. Ukr Biochem J. 2008;80(6):74-8. [Russian].
- Ferrara N, Davis-Smyth T. The biology of vascular endothelial growth factor.Endocrine rewies 1997;8(1):1-25.
- Hansen AH, Nielsen JJ, Saltin B, Helsten Y. Exercise training normalizes skeletal muscle vascular endothelial growth factor levels in patients with essential hypertension. J Hypertens. 2010;28(6):1176-85.
- Mihailichenko VY. The role of VEGF in angiogenesis in normal and pathologica. Neoplasms 2010;(5):174-81. Russian.
- Volkov NI, Nesen EN, Osipenko AA, Korsun SN. Biochemistry of muscle activity. Kiev: Olympic Literature; 2000. [Russian].
- Platonov VN. System of training athletes in Olympic sports. General theory and its practical application. - K.: Olympic literature; 2004. [Russian].
- Laurent G, Solari F, Mateescu B, Karaca M, Castel J, Bourachot B, et al. Oxidative stress contributes to aging by enhancing pancreatic angiogenesis and insulin signalling . Cell Metab. 2008;7(2):113-24.
- Wahl P, Schmidt A, Demarees M, Achtzehn S, Bloch W, Mester J. Responses of angiogenic growth factors to exercise, to hypoxia and to exercise under hypoxic conditions. Int J Sports Med. 2013;34(2):95-100.
- Gunina Larissa, Lisnyak Ivan. Vascular endothelial growth factor in representatives of different sports: association with oxidative stress. Science in Olympic sports 2008; (1):46-50. [Russian].
- Gunina LM, Burmak VO. Content of vascular endothelial growth factor and severity of oxidative stress in representatives of different sports. Proceeding of the Ith All-Russian Congress of Sports Medicine; 2011; Moskow; p. 146-9. [Russian].
- Gunina LM, Lisnyak IA. The role of angiogenesis in improving physical performance of athletes . Proceeding of the XIIth International Congress of Modern Olympic and Paralympic sport and sport for all; 2008; M: Physical Culture ; p. 213-14. [Russian].
- Zawadzki LA, Prazonin PE. Erythrocyte membranes as displaying the total pool of membrane body. Pathol Physiol and Exper Therapy 1982;(4):48-5. [Russian].
- Krylov VN, Deriugina AV. Typical changes in electrophoretic mobility of erythrocytes under stress. Bull. Exp Biol and Medicine 2005;(4):364-6. [Russian].
- Storozhok SA, Sannikov AG, Zakharov YM. Molecular structure of erythrocyte membranes and their mechanical properties. Tyumen: TGU Publisher; 1997. [Russian].
- Bankova VV, Prishchepova NF, Avratinsky OI. Evaluation of pathological changes of the plasma membrane in children with various diseases. Pathol Physiol and Exper Therapy 1987;3:78-81. [Russian].
- Zaitsev VG, Zakrevsky VI, Davydov VV. Level of hyperglycemia in patients with diabetes mellitus. Clin Lab Diagnostics 1999;(11):32-3. Russian.
- Semko GA. Structural and functional changes in the external membranes and membranous layers of erythrocytes at hyperepidermopoez. Ukr Biochem J. 1998;70(3):113-8. [Russian].
- Glantz S. Biomedical statistics. Moscow: Practice; 1998. [Russian].
- Magalhães J, Rebelo A, Oliveira E, Silva JR, Marques F, Ascensão A. Impact of loughborough intermittent shuttle test versus soccer match on physiological, biochemical and neuromuscular parameters. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010;108(1):39-48.
- Tian Y, Nie J, Tong T, Baker J, Thomas N, Shi Q. Serum oxidant and antioxidant status during early and late recovery periods following an all-out 21-km run in trained adolescent runners. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010;110(5):971-6.
- Ahmetov I, Khakimullina A, Popov D, Missina S, Vinogradova O, Rogozkin V. Polymorphism of the vascular endothelial growth factor gene (VEGF) and aerobic performance in athletes. Human Physiology 2008;34(Issue 4):477-81.
- Saas C, Govers-Riemslag JWP, Bouma B, Schiks B, Hazenberg BPC, Henk ML, et al. Misfolded proteins activate Factor XII in humans, leading to kallikrein formation without initiating coagulation. J Clin Invest. 2008;118(9):3208-18.