THE EFFECT OF GADOLINIUM ORTHOVANADATE NANOPARTICLES BY NEONATAL INDUCED REPRODUCTIVE DISEASE IN MALE RATS
I.O. Belkina1, N.P. Smolenko1, V.K. Klochkov2, Yu.V. Malukin2, Е.E. Chistyakova1, N.A. Karpenko1, Yu.I. Karachentsev1
- SI «V. Danilevsky Institute for Endocrine Pathology
Problems of NAMS of Ukraine», Kharkov;
- Institute for Scintillation Materials NAS of Ukraine,
For the purpose to develop of method for treatment of male
hypofertility the efficiency of gadolinium orthovanadate
nanoparticles (NP GdVO4) in rats with neonatal induced
reproductive disease, has been investigated. The progeny of
intact rats parents were exposed to emotional stress («Maternal
separation stress») and received an excessive amount of the
blend of phytoestrogens (Ph) with mother’s milk (1st group)
from 3 to 22 day life. At the age of 10 months males received
NP GdVO4 (0.33 mg/kg; 2nd group) or speman (158 mg/kg;
3rd group) with feed over the 70 days. Sexual behavior and
fertility of males were investigated; the integrated indicator
of reproductive potential (Fì) was calculate and was estimated
with the data of animals from group Control who were given
vehicle (water). In the 1st group sexual behavior of males
was characterized by accelerating sexual responses on female
(double shortening of mounting and intromission latency) and
a reduced ability to achieve ejaculation and to start the second
round of copulations. The less females have been inseminated
by these males (67% vs. 91% in Control group), but almost
all became pregnant. As a result of the neonatal induction
deterioration in the quality of male gametes intrauterine
pregnancy loss increased more than twice, and the total number
of foetus decreased (on 21%). These changes have led to a
reduction of the male integrated indicator of reproductive
potential (Fì) in 2.6 times compared with control animals.
Using a NP GdVO4 rehabilitated male sexual behaviour
indicators to Control group level, resulting in an increase in
the number of fertilized females (up to 95%). In pregnant
females decreased fetal losses (up to 15.2% vs. 18.1% in
control, р<0,05) and increase in the number of fetuses (on 25%,
р<0,05) that shows an improvement in the quality of sperm. The
integrated indicator of reproductive potential (Fì) increased
to (8.3 ± 0.5) vs. (3.0 ± 0.3) u. in the 1st group (without
treatment), that statistically higher than in groups Control and
3rd. Application of NP GdVO4 in rats with neonatal inductive
pathology of the reproductive function and metabolic disorders
normalizes sexual behaviour, the quality of sperm that restores
male fertility and improves reproductive potential much more
efficiently than the reference drug speman.
neonatal stress, phytoestrogens, rear-earth-based nanoparticles, male rats, reproductive potential.
- Gorpynchenko I, Nikitin O. Marriages infertility. New reality. Man Health. 2010; (3):184-90. [Russian].
- Yatskiv O, Tarnovska A. Causes and forms of male infertility and methods of diagnosis ejaculate, as the main indicator of male health. Visn Lviv Univ Ser Biol. 2012; 60:4-20. [Ukrainian].
- Social Medicine and Health Organization. Voronenko YuV, Moskalenko VF, editor. Ternopil: Ukrmedkniga: 2000. [Ukrainian].
- The health status of Ukraine's population and the results of the health. Kiev: 2003. [Ukrainian].
- Eberhardt P. Distribution and dynamics of rural population in Central Eastern Europe in the 20th century. Geogr Pol. 1994. (63):75-94.
- Tiktinskiy OL, Mihaylichenko VV, Andrology. SanktPeterburg: Mediapress: 1999. [Russian].
- Kulakov VI. Infertile marriage. Current approaches to diagnosis and treatment. Eds VI Kulakov. Moskow: GAOTAP-Media: 2005. [Russian].
- Baccetti B, LaMarca A, Piomboni P, et al. Insulin-dependent diabetes in men is associated with hypothalamo-pituitary derangement and with impairment in semen quality. Hum Reprod. 2002;17:2673-7.
- Shrivastav P, Swann J, Jeremy JY, Thompson C, Shaw RW, Dandona P. Sperm function and structure and seminal plasma prostanoid concentrations in men with IDDM. Diabetes Care. 1989;12:742-4.
- Schoeller EL, Schon S, Moley KHM. The effects of type 1 diabetes on the hypothalamic, pituitary and testes axis. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;349(3):839-47.
- Lampiao F, Du Plessis SS. Insulin and leptin enhance human sperm motility, acrosome reaction and nitric oxide production. Asian J Androl. 2008;10:799-07.
- Luchitskij YeV, Tronko ND. Androdgen deficiency states in men with metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus: pathogenetic role and the possibility of correcting. In: Luchitskij YeV, Bondarenko VA, editor. Selected lectures on clinical andrology. Kiev, Harkiv: Nova Soft: 2010. p. 115-43. [Ukrainian].
- Domingo JL. Vanadium and tungsten derivatives as antidiabetic agents: a review of their toxic effects. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2002;88(2):97-112.
- Morgan AM, El-Tawil OS. Effects of ammonium metavanadate on fertility and reproductive performance of adult male and female rats. Pharmacol Res. 2003; 47(1):75-85.
- Crebelli R, Leopardi P. Long-term risks of metal contaminants in drinking water: a critical appraisal of guideline values for arsenic and vanadium. Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2012;48(4):354-61.
- Karpenko NA, Malukin YV, Koreneva EM, Klochkov VK, Kavok NS, Smolenko NP, Pochernyaeva SS. The Effects of Chronic Intake of Cerium Dioxide or Gadolinium Ortovanadate Nanoparticles in Aging Male Rats: 3-rd Proceedings of the international conference nanomaterials «Applications and properties»; 2013; Sept. 16-21; Alushta the Crimea, Ukraine. p. 04NABM28-1 – 04NABM28-4.
- Reznikov AG. General ethical principles of animal experimentation. Endocrinology. 2003; 8(1):142-5. [Ukrainian].
- Karpenko N, Chistyakova E, Korenyeva Ye. Velichko N. Method simulation induced neonatal males hipofertylnosti. Ukraine patent US 95758. 2015.
- Kuzmenko VV, Alferov KV. Our experience with Speman drug: Proceedings of Scientific Conference «Men's Health»; 2003; Novem. 19-21; Moscow. p. 16. [Russian].
- Ribolovlyev YuR. Prediction of xenobiotics on human action. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1991; (1): P. 110-4. [Russian].
- Bishovets TF. Experimental study embryotoxical action of drugs guidance: methodical recommendations. In: OV Stefanov, editor. Preclinical studies of drugs. Kiev: Avitsena: 2001. p. 115-38. [Ukrainian].
- Karpenko NO, Talko VV, Omelchuk ST, Lapta SS. Integral assessment of the reproductive function of male laboratory animals. Ukr Biopharm Zh. 2011; 13(2): 64-8. [Ukrainian].
- Zapadnyuk IP. Laboratory animals. Breeding, maintenance, use in experiments. Kiev: Vischa Skola: 1983. [Russian].
- Ingel FN, Gevorkyan NM, Ilyushina NA,. Long psychoemotional stress as an inducer of mutations in mammals and modifier mutagenesis. Bull Experim Biol Med. 1993; 116 (9):307-9. [Russian].
- Seli E, Gardner DK, Schoolcraft WB. Extent of nuclear DNA damage in ejaculated spermatozoa impacts on blastocyst development after in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2004; (82):378-83.
- Karpenko NO, Smolenko NP, Korenyeva YeM, Chistyakova EYe, Velichko NF. Dynamics and spoluchenist age involution of some components of male reproductive function. Probl Endocrin Patol. 2014; (1):49-54. [Ukrainian].