STATUS OF GLUTATHIONE-DEPENDENT LINK OF BLOOD ANTIOXIDANT SYSTEM UNDER APPLICATION OF FENUGREEK SEED POWDER IN ANIMALS WITH EXPERIMENTAL OBESITY
V.V. Konopelnyuk, L.І. Коt, Т.V. Koval, T.D. Khilko, I.V. Yakubtsova, T.D. Preobrazhenska, L.I. Ostapchenko
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
The content of reduced glutathione (GSH) and activity of
glutathione-dependent enzymes: glutathione peroxidase (GP)
and glutathione-S-transferase (GT) in blood serum of rats in
the diet supplemented of fine powder seeds Trigonella foenum
graecum L. on the background of experimental obesity. It
was established that the development of obesity in rats was
accompanied by violation of homeostasis in the glutathionedependent
system of blood serum. It has been shown that
animals on high-calorie diet along 14 weeks had a decrease
(1,2) in GSH concentration, a decline (1,7) in GP activity and
the increase (1,7) of GT activity compared with control values.
Addition to high-calorie diet 2% fine powder seeds Trigonella
foenum graecum L. reduced the body weight gain by 21%,
carried positive modulating effect on the content of GSH and
GP, GT activity in animals with experimental obesity.
diet-induced obesity; reduced glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; fine powder seeds Trigonella foenum graecum L.
- Caballero B. The global epidemic of obesity: an overview. Epidemiol Rev. 2007; 29: 1-5.
- Markhon NA, Mamchur VI, Zhylyuk VI, Lievykh AE. Comparative analysis of experimental approaches in reproducing of metabolic syndrome. J Med Biol Problems. 2015; 1(17): 156-62. [Ukrainian].
- Pasiyeshvili LM, Zheleznyakova NM, Pasiyeshvili TM. Obesity as a social problem. Stages of the disease formation in subjects with biliary diseases. Contemp Gastroenterol. 2008; 6: 6-9.
- Patil S, Jain G. Holistic approach of Trigonella foenumgraecum in Phytochemistry and Pharmacology. Curr Trends Technol Sci. 2014; 3: 34-48.
- Moradi Kor N.,•Moradi K. Physiological and pharmaceutical effects of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum L.) as a multipurpose and valuable medicinal plant. Global J Med Plant Res. 2013; 1(2): 199-206.
- Kaur J, Singh H, Khan MU. Multifarious therapeutic potential of fenugreek: a comprehensive review. Int J Res Pharm Biomed. Sci. 2011; 2(3): 863-71.
- Fernández-Sánchez A, Madrigal-Santillán E, Bautista M et al. Inflammation, Oxidative Stress, and Obesity. Int J Mol Sci. 2011; 12: 3117-32.
- Kalinina EV, Chernov NN, Novichkova MD. Role of glutathione, glutathione transferase, and glutaredoxin in regulation of redox-dependent processes. Biochemistry. 2014; 79(13): 1562-83.
- Shen X.-H, Tang Q.-Y, Huang J, Cai W. Vitamin E regulates adipocytokine expression in a rat model of dietary-induced obesity. Experim. Biol Med. 2010; 235: 47-51.
- Mokrasch LC, Teschke EJ. Glutathione content of cultured cells and rodent brain regions: a specific fluorometric assay. Anal Biochem. 1984; 140(2): 506-9.
- Hissin PJ, Hilf RA. Fluorometric method for determination of oxidized and reduced glutathione in tissues. Anal Biochem. 1976; 74(1): 214-26.
- Razygraev AV. Method of determination of glutathione peroxidase activity using hydrogen peroxide and 5,5′-dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid). Klin-Lab Konsilium. 2004; 4: 19-22. [Russian].
- Vlasova SN, Shabunina EI, Pereslyagina IA. Activity of glutathione dependent enzymes in red blood cells liver chronic disease in children. Lab Delo. 1990; 8: 19-21. [Russian].
- Ghorbani A, Hadjzadeh M, Rajaei Z, Zendehbad SB. Effects of fenugreek seeds on adipogenesis and lipolysis in normal and diabetic rats. Pakistan J Biol Sci. 2014; 17: 523-8.
- Choudhary D; Chandra D; Choudhary S; Kale R.K. Modulation of glyoxalase, glutathione S-transferase and antioxidant enzymes in the liver, spleen and erythrocytes of mice by dietary administration of fenugreek seeds. Food Chem. 2001; 39(10): 989-97.
- Reznikov OH, Polumbryk OM, Balion YH, Polumbryk MO. Pro- and antioxidant systems and pathological processes in humans. Bull NAS Ukraine. 2014; 10: 17- 29. [Ukrainian].
- Ballatori N, Krance SM, Notenboom S et al. Glutathione dysregulation and the etiology and progression of human diseases. Biol Chem. 2009; 390(3): 191-214.
- Iskra R. Condition of glutathione link of antioxidant system in different organs and tissues of rats at chromium nanoaquarcitate action. Eksperim Clіn Physiol Bіochem. 2011; 3: 28-33. [Ukrainian].
- Denisenko YK, Novgorodtseva TP. Effect of prolonged high-fat diet on thiol-disulfide homeostasis in rats. Int J BioMed. 2013; 3(3): 197-200.