EFFECT OF L-ARGININE – NO ON PROOXIDANT-ANTIOXIDANT BALANCE IN ERYTHROCYTES OF RATS UNDER ALCOHOL INTOXICATION
N.V. Yefimenko, N.O. Sybirna
Department of Biochemistry, Ivan Franko Lviv National
It was shown changes in the activity of antioxidant enzymes
(superoxide dismutase, catalase) and NO-synthase (NOS), in
the content of stable metabolic products of nitric oxide and
levels of lipid peroxidation products in erythrocytes of rats
under alcoholic intoxication. It was shown that animals with alcohol
intoxication under of the admission of the main substrate
NOS – L-arginine activity of antioxidant protection enzymes
was increased in twice on the fond of TBA-positive products
decrease contents. Established in hemolisate red blood cells
in rats with alcohol inrotoxication value of total NOS activity
decreases by 65% compared to control. Not selective inhibitor
Nω–nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME), which is a
structural analog of L-arginine, reduced output level of total
NOS activity by 23.4% in the control and 25% under conditions
of pathology. The consumption of rats L-arginine NOS
total activity increased in the two study groups. The results
testify that L-arginine has antioxidant properties, whereas LNAME
exerts a slightly stabilizing influence.
erythrocytes; alcoholic intoxication; oxidative stress
- Gulyĭ MF. Metabolic disorders and their correction in the human body for alcoholism and drug addiction. Ukr Biochem J. 2000; 72(6): 103-6. [Ukrainian].
- Das SK, Vasudevan DM. Monitoring oxidative stress in patients with non-alcoholic and alcoholic liver diseases. Indian J Clin Biochem. 2005; 20(2): 24-8.
- Tsyntar TP. Lipid peroxidation and oxidative modification of proteins in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, combined with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. BMH J. 2014; 18, 3 (71): 166-8. [Ukrainian].
- Sybirna NO, Mayevska OM, Barska ML. Research of separate biochemical indexes under oxidative stress. Lviv: Publishing center of the Ivan Franko Lviv National University; 2006. [Ukrainian].
- Sharipov RR, Kotsuruba AV, Kopyak BS, Sagach VF. Induction of nitrosative stress in mitochondria of rats hearts in experimental ischemia-reperfusion of the brain and its correction by ecdysterone. Fiziol Zh. 2014; 60(5); 3-13. [Ukrainian]. CrossRef
- Yolkina NM, Kazakova VV, Konoshenko SV. Description of some indices erythrocytes inwardly to metabolism in condition of active oxygen forms generation in vitro. Exp and Clin Phys and Biochem. 2005; 3: 50-3. [Ukrainian].
- Husain K, Mejia J, Lalla J, Kazim S. Dose response of alcohol-induced changes in BP, nitric oxide and antioxidants in rat plasma. Pharmacol Res. 2005; 51: 337–43.
- Sybirna NO, Lyuta MYa, Klymyshyn NI. Molecular mechanisms of nitric oxide deposition in erythrocytes. Studia Biologica. 2010; 4 (1): 143–60. [Ukrainian].
- Drel VR. Main mechanisms of the initiation and development of diabetic complications: the role of nitrative stress. Stud Biol. 2010; 4(2): 141–58. [Ukrainian].
- Acevedo CG, Carrasco G, Burotto M, Rojas S, Bravo I. Ethanol inhibits L-arginine uptake and enhances NO formation in human placenta. Life Sci. 2001; 68: 2893–903.
- Sybirna NO, Vovk OI, Fedorovych AM. Influence of Larginine and NOS inhibitors on antioxidant system of platelets under type 1 diabetes mellitus. Visn Lviv Univ. Series Biology. 2004; 38: 50-6. [Ukrainian].
- Burov YuV, Vedernikova NN. Neurochemical and Pharmacological journal of alcoholism. Moscow: Medicine; 1985. [Russian].
- Chevari ST, Andal T, Shtrenger Ya. Determination of antioxidant parameters of blood and their diagnostic value in a sear and yellow leaf. Lab business. 1991; 10: 9-13. [Russian].
- Koroluk MA, Ivanova LI, Maiorova IG, Tokarev VE. A method for measuring catalase activity. Lab business. 1988; 1: 16–9. [Russian].
- Timirbulatov R, Seleznev E. Method for increasing intensity of free radical oxydation of blood lipid containing components and its diagnostic value. Lab business. 1981; 4: 209–11. [Russian].
- Gromov LA, Belenichev IF, Gonchar-Cherdakli LG, Zhernovaja GA. Effect of anticonvulsants on the nitric oxide system. Ukr Biochem J. 2013; 85 (1): 79-83. [Russian].
- Green LC, Wagner DA, Glogowski J.G. Analysis of nitrate, nitrite and 15N—nitrate in biological fluids. Anal Biochem. 1982; 126 (1): 131–8.
- Kiselyk IO, Lutsyk MD, Shevchenko Yu. Peculiarities of determining nitrates and nitrites in blood of the patients with viral hepatitis and jaundices of another etiology. Diagn Lab. 2001; 3: 43–5. [Ukrainian].
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin-Phenol reagents. J Biol Chem. 1951; 193: 265-75.
- Dudok K, Starykovich L, Vlokh I, Dudok T, Grinchishin N., Sybirna N. Structural and functional peculiarities of haemoglobin and the blood erythrocyte enzymes activity of the rats at the duration of ethanol intoxication. Visn Lviv Univ. Series Biol. 2008; 47: 74-80. [Ukrainian].
- Zahorodnyi M, Svintsitskyi I. Endothelial dysfunction in hypertension: current views on the causes and pathogenetic mechanisms, diagnosis and therapeutic strategies. Cardiology. 2013; 2:17-27. [Ukrainian].
- Pefeiffer S, Gorren ACF, Pitters E, Schmidt K, Werner ER, Mayer B. Allosteric modulation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase by the pterin-site inhibitor 4- aminotetrahydrobiopterin. Biochem J. 1997; 328: 349 - 52.
- Xia Y, Dawson VL, Dawson TM, Snyder SH, Zweier JL. Nitric oxide synthase generates superoxide and nitric oxide in arginine-depleted cells leading to peroxynitritemediated cellular injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1996; 93(13): 6770-4.