PATHOLOGICAL CHANGES DEVELOPMENT IN THE HEART WITH UNDERLYING CONVULSIVE SYNDROME MODEL OF VARIOUS ETIOLOGIES
N. Kolesova, L. Natrus, T. Bryuzhina, V. Lytvynenko, N. Suhareva S. Chukhrai
Research Institute of Experimental and Clinical Medicine of
O.O.Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
The basic mechanisms of myocardial damage were determined
experimentally in case of electroconvulsive (n = 30)
and corazole (n = 20) induced seizures in Wistar rats by
histochemical, pathological, electron microscopy and
It has been founded that pathological changes in the myocardium
underlying with electroconvulsive and corazole induced
seizures have unidirectional origin; nevertheless electroconvulsive
model has more intensity. It has been shown that structural
base of myocardial pathology development results in parallel
changes of microvessels and contractile myocardium with the
main focus on development of contractile changes of cardiomyocytes
and intramuscular capillaries spasm, which causes
blood flow impairment and reducing supply of oxygen to the
working cells. Structural changes in the myocardium develop
due to energy shifts which have been elucidated by confirmed
decrease SDG in cardiac activity (control 2,65+0,03 act. Units;
electroconvulsive model 2,15+0,02 act. Units; and corazole
model 2,25+0,02 act. Units), and increased - LDH (control
2,20+0,01 act. Units. electroconvulsive model 2,55+0,01 act.
Units; corazole model 2,45+0,01 act. Units.) histochemically,
showing evidence of hypoxia progression in the myocardium
tissue. It has been also shown processes of increasing degradation
as well as reducing synthesis of ATP biochemically(43%
electroconvulsive model and 41% corazole model). All this
results indicate the presence of hypoenergetics in case of electroconvulsive
and corazole experimental models of seizures.
The received results of complex researches allow considering
that adequate and rational treatment and prevention of seizures
(large and small epilepsy) requires anticonvulsants choose as
well as drug correction of the most affected parts of energy
metabolism via antihypoxants and antioxidants administration.
electroconvulsive and carozole convulsive syndromes; heart; metabolism; structure; pathogenesis.
- Shprakh VV, Synkov AV, Synkova HM. Cerebrogenic disorders of rhythm and conduction of heart in patients with epilepsy. Zhurn nevrol v psykhyatrii im. S.S. Korsakova 2000; 9:16-20. [Russian].
- Tiqaran S, Molqaard H, McClelland R., Jaffe AS. Evidence of cardiac ischemia during seizures in drug refractory epilepsy patients. Neurology. 2003; 3:492-5.
- Braun T, Kholens H, Epilepsy. Clinical manual. Translation from English. 2006;Moscov;"BINOM". [Russian].
- Hafurov BH, Abdurakhmanova ND, Cardiovascular disorders in patients with various clinical forms of epilepsy. Int. Nevroloi J. 2009;7:29-33. [Russian].
- Eriksson AS, Knutsson E, Nergardh A, The effect of lamotrigine on epileptiform discharges in young patients with drug-resistant epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2001;2: 230-6.
- Sereda PI, Kolesova NA, Arshynnikova LL, Antonenko LI, The basic mechanisms of myocardial pathology development in case of experimental convulsive syndrome. Naukovyi visnyk NMU im. O.O.Bohomoltsia. 2011; 3: 32-38. [Ukrainian].
- Kolesova NA, Khaitovych NV, Arshynnikova LL, Antonenko LI, Metabolic and structural changes of heart and erythrocytes in white rats with corazole induced seizures. Naukovyi visnyk NMU im. O.O.Bohomoltsia. 2013;1: 9-14. [Ukrainian].
- Pyrs E, Histochemistry, theoretical and applied. 1962; Moscow. [ Russian].
- Bazarnova MA, Clinical laboratory diagnostics: practical lessons of clinical biochemistry. 1994; Kyiv.[Ukrainian].
- Hubskyi YuY, Frantsuzova SB, Maidannyk VH, Arshynnykova LL, Informational letter "Method of determation of adenylic nucleotides in the cellular elements of peripheral blood" on the issue of "Biological and medical chemistry". 1987; Kiev. [Russian].
- Dubenko AE, The state of activity of organ-specific enzymes in patients with epilepsy. Zhurnal psykhyatrii i medytsynskoi psykholohii. 1999;1: 41-46. [Russian].
- Dubenko AE, The role of energy metabolism disorders in the development of epileptic encephalopathy. Zhurnal psykhyatrii i medytsynskoi psykholohii. 2000;1: 92-4. [Russian].
- Pohodaeva VK, Tumanova LN, Oxidative phosphorylation in the cortex and brainstem in phases and electroconvulsive audiogenic seizures in rats. Ukr. biokhimichnyi zhurnal. 1974;2:107-112. [Russian].