HEART RATE REGULATION DURING ADAPTATION TO CONDITIONS IN ANTARCTICA
V.V. Kalnish1, G.Yu. Pyshnov1, E.V. Моisеyenko2, V.V. Оpanasenko1, L.M. Аlekseyeva1, L.G. Vysotska1
- State Institution Institute for Occupational Health of the
National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv;
- O.O.Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of the National
Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
The article deals with topical issues of the problem of studying
the mechanisms of human adaptation to Аntarctic conditions,
in particular, the characteristics of the restructuring regulation
of cardiovascular system during expedition activity at
the Ukrainian Antarctic Station «Academic Vernadsky». The
studies were performed directly in Antarctica with the participation
of winterers, who during a year were surveyed monthly
by cardiointervalography and ECG. As a result of analysis of
variance of heart rate in Antarctic conditions we identified the
phasic restructuring of the regulation of heart rhythm of winterers.
The findings extend the understanding of the peculiarities
of realization of regulating the circulatory system during the
change of adaptation phases. In particular, the RRNN index
has a phasic structure and ranges ± 7-9 c.u. from the beginning
of wintering, and in the last phase is increased to -32 c.u. The
activity of the development of stress condition among winterers
reflects the dynamics of changes in the rate ІNt
which from the beginning of wintering till January ranged
from 2-5 c.u. by modulo, and in the months before the return
(February, March), the rate reached 46 c.u. It is established a
dominant role of the time factor in influencing the quality adjustment
of adaptation processes. While during the first half of
the expedition heart rate variability had a balanced regulatory
influence, at the end of the expedition an increased activity
of the sympathetic division of the autonomic nervous system
and stress regulatory mechanisms were observed. This may
indicate for incomplete adaptation that requires the application
of methods of correction of functional state.
Antarctic winterers; cardiac activity; heart rate variability; adaptation; Ukrainian Antarctic Station «Academic Vernadsky».
- Krivoshchekov S, Leutin V, Divert V, Divert G, Platonov Y et al. Systemic mechanisms of adaptation and compensation. Bul SB RAMS. 2004;2:148-54. [Russian].
- Moiseenko E, Milinevsky G, Pishnov G. Social and psychological conditions at the Antarctic stations and their impact on the health of members of the expedition. Proceedings of the Institute of Psychology. GS Kostyuk APN Ukraine ed. Maksimenko SD.K. 2003;7(1): 286-94.
- Ilyn V, Chernous S, Milinevsky G, Moiseenko E. The heart rhythm variation analysis at Auroral disturbances in the polar regions. Bul Ukr Antarct Centre. Release 4, Kiyv. 2002:212–6. [Ukrainian].
- Moiseenko E. Disadaptation mechanisms and complex pathogenetic correction of functional systems of humans in Antarctica. [dissertation]. Kyiv: Inst Physiol. NAS. 2008. [Ukrainian].
- Krivoshchekov S, Osipov V. Changes thermoregulation and respiratory systems in humans with adaptation to cold. Hum. Physiol. 1993;19(2):125-31. [Russian].
- Kaznacheev V. "Polar tension syndrome" and some of the questions of human ecology at high latitudes. Bul USSR. 1980;1:74-83. [Russian].
- Catalano F. Modern Technologies and New Perspectives for Antarctic Medicine. 2nd Italian workshop on "Human adaptation in Antarctica and extreme environments", Leghorn, Naval Academy. 2001 September 24:133-4.
- Bozhko AP, Gorodetskaya IV. The significance of the thyroid status of the body in the implementation of the cold adaptation effect. I.M. Sechenov's Physiol 1994;80(3):28-37. [Russian].
- Dygai A, Goldberg E. Humoral mechanisms of regulation of erythropoiesis in hypoxia. Bul of Experimental Biol and Med. 2005;139(2):133-7. [Russian].
- Divert G., Disregulatory pathology. Edited by. Kryzhanovsky G. Moscow: Medicine. 2002. [Russian].
- Moiseenko E. The functional state of the human circulatory system for the transatlantic flight conditions. Act Probl Transport Med. 2007;3(9):47–52. [Ukrainian].
- Moiseenko E, Lyaschuk A, Trushin O, Gershun N. The influence of infrasound on circulatory function of winterers in the Antarctic Station "Academician Vernadsky". Abstracts of the VII-th International Antarctic Conference "Antarctic research: new horizons and priorities." VII MAC 2015 - Kyiv, Ukraine. Kyiv: 2015. May; 14:176-8. [Ukrainian].
- Vasilevsky N, Soroko S, Bogoslovsky M. Psychophysiological aspects of human adaptation in Antarctica. Leningrad: Medicine. 1978. [Russian].
- Moyseenko E. Features adaptation rights for terms Antarctic. Sci and educat. 2014;8:133-37. [Ukrainian].
- Moiseenko E, Kachalin I, Yashchuk A, Lastovchenko V, Pishnov G, Demchenko M. Pecularities of adjustment of physiological functions of human in Antarctic conditions. Abstracts of symposium "Peculiarities of the formation and establishment of physiological functions in ontogenesis" Publisher of CSU. Kyiv, Cherkasy; 2003. [Ukrainian].
- Chernouss S, Ilyin V, Milinevsky G, Moiseenko Y. Heart rate variability parameters in variations at geomagnetic disturbances in Arctic and Antarctic regions. Physics of Auroral Phenomena. Proc. XXV Annual Seminar, Apatity. 2002:157–60.
- Soroko S. Redevelopment of integrative mechanisms of regulation of physiological functions of the human body in experimental and high-altitude hypoxia. Problems: molecular, physiological and medical aspects: Edited by Lukyanov D and Ushakov I. - Moscow, Voronezh: Publishing house "Istoki". 2004:201-44. [Russian].
- Cenni P, Peri A, Barbieri F, Suzzi E, Tuozzi G, Tonucci R, Berriozzi F, Zucconi S. The Psychophysiological Adaptation in Members of the 15th Italian Expedition in Antarctica. 2nd Italian workshop on "Human adaptation in Antarctica and extreme environments", Leghorn, Naval Academy. 2001 September 24:78–85.
- The analysis of heart rate variability using different electrocardiographic systems: Method. Recommendations. Baevsky R. et al. Moscow. 2002. [Russian].
- Zyuz'kov G, Iznak A, Zhurulevskaya S, Gorbachev N. EEG correlates of "soft" disorders of higher cortical functions. Hum physiol 2001;27(1):5-8. [Russian].
- Cochina M, Kaminsky A. Computer rhythmograph. Radio engineering. 2010;160:263-7. [Russian].
- Cochina M, Kaminsky A, Malenkin V. Information technology forecasting the functional state of the cardiovascular system. Cybernet and Compu Sci. 2012;170:15-27.
- Baevsky R. Heart rate variability: theoretical aspects and practical application. Proc rep IV All-Russia Symp Executive Editor Shlyk N. UdSU. Izhevsk. 2008:344.
- Lastovchenko V, Moіseenko E, Pishnov G. Psychophysiological indicators as criteria of fatigue in the professional
activity of man in Antarctica. Labor hygiene: Anniversary Collection of the Institute of Occupational Medicine (the
75th anniversary). 2003;34(2):621-33. [Ukrainian].
- Breus T, Chibisov S, Baevsky R, Shebzukhov K. Chronostructure of heart rhythms and environmental factors. Monograph. Moscow. Publisher of Russian Nations Friendship University. Polygraph service. 2002:232.