INDUCTION OF OXIDATIVE AND NITROSATIVE STRESS IN BOYS IN ADAPTING TO PHYSICAL STRESS DURING TRAINING AND COMPETITIVE PERIODS
N.V. Bogdanovskaya, A.V. Kotsuruba, A.V. Golubenko
O.O.Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology of the National
Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv.
We studied the features of development of oxidative and
nitrosative stress in otherwise healthy individuals under the
influence of prolonged exercise of high volume and intensity. It
is shown that young men who systematically performed muscular
work have a high content of markers of different ways
of generation of superoxide radical, a reactive oxygen species
for products of lipid peroxidation and markers of nitrosative
stress. The increase in the degree of adverse effects on the
body intensive training and competitive loads is accompanied
by pronounced adaptive changes in the hierarchy of oxidizing
constitutive de novo synthesis of nitric oxide, as well as its
nonoxide reutilization synthesis (in 3 times higher). Disadaptation
of the organism of boys at the end of the competition
period is reflected in growing levels of generation of ROS
(superoxide radical: 3,5 times higher, hydrogen peroxide: 2,5
times higher). The products of purine nucleotides degradation
were 2 times higher, and the increase in the content of the
nitrate anion was 2,5 times higher.
induction; oxidative stress; nitrosative stress; adaptation; physical activity.
- Martinovich GG, Cherenkevich SN. Oxidation-reduction processes in cells: Monograph. Mn.: BSU, 2008. 159 P. [Russian].
- Davies KJ, Quintanilha AT, Brooks GA, Packer L. Free radicals and tissue damage produced by exercise. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1982; 107:1198-05.
- Andras Perl Oxidative stress in the pathology and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Nat Rev Rheumatol. 2013; 9 (11):674-86.
- Thomas J. Grahame and Richard B. Schlesinger Grahame Oxidative stress-induced telomeric erosion as a mechanism underlying airborne particulate matter-related cardiovascular disease. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2012; 9; 9-21.
- Dario Pitocco, Manfredi Tesauro, Rizzi Alessandro, Giovanni Ghirlanda, and Carmine Cardillo Oxidative Stress in Diabetes: Implications for Vascular and Other Complications. Int J Mol Sci. 2013, 14(11):21525–50.
- Dvorschenko KO. The effect of ionizing radiation and hydrogen peroxide on the performance of oxide - antioxidant balance and energy metabolism in thymocytes and hepatocytes in vitro. Kiev national University of Taras Shevchenko. 2004; 20 [Ukrainian].
- Gomez-Cabrera M, Domenech E, Vi-a J. Moderate exercise is an antioxidant: upregulation of antioxidant genes by training. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 2008;44 (2): 126-31.
- Gavrilov VB., Gavrilova AG. The Measurement of diene conjugates in plasma blood by UV absorption of heptane and isopropanol extracts. The lab. case. 1988; 2:60-3.
- Biochemical research methods in the clinic. Guide. Medicine. 1969:652.
- McCord J., Fridovich I.A. A quantitative test for superoxide radicals produced in biological systems. Biochem. J. 1982; 203(3): 551–8.
- Conte D., Narindrasorasa KS., Sarkar B. In vivo and in vitro iron replaced zinc finger generates free radicals and causes DNA damage. Eur. J. Biochem. 1996; 271(9):5125–30.
- Huwiler M., Kohler H.Pseudo-catalic degradation of hydrogen peroxide in lactoperoxidase iodide system. Eur. journal Biochemistry. 1984; 1:69-4.
- Uchiyama M., Mihara M. Determination of malonaldehyde precursor in tissues by thiobarbituric acid test Anal. Biochem. 1978; 86 (1):271-8.
- Salter M., Knowles RG., Moncada S. Widespread tissue distribution, species and changes in activity of Ca2+- dependent and Ca2+-independent nitric oxide syntases. FEBS Lett. 1991;291 (1):145-9.
- So Yeon Chin, kailash n. Pandey, Shang-Jin Shi, Hiroyuki Kobori, Carol Moreno, And L. Gabriel Navar. Increased activity and expression of Ca2+-dependent NOS in renal cortex of ANG II-infused hypertensive rats. Amer. J. Physiol. 1999;277 (5 Pt. 2):797-4.
- Svenson AA. Rapid and Sensitive Spectropholometric Method for Determination of Hydrogen Sulfide with 2,2'-dipyridyl disulfide. Anal Biochem. 1980;107:51-5.
- Jsukahara H. Effect of NOS inhibitions on bone methabolizm in growing rats. Am J. Physiol. 1996; (270)5:840-5.
- Alikulov ZA., Lviv NP., Kretovich VL. Nitrate and nitrite is activity of milk. BioChem. 1980;45(9):1714-8 [Russian].
- Shugaley VS, Kozina AS. The content of urea and arginase activity in the organs of rats during acclimatization to cold // Fiziol Zh. USSR. 1977; 8:1199-2.
- Garganta CL, Bond JS. Assay and kinetics ot'arginase Anal Biochem. 1982;126 (l):131-8.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randall RJ. Protein measurement with the Folin reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 1951;193:265–75.
- Gutteredge JM. Lipid peroxidation and antioxidants as biomarkers of tissue damage. Clin Chemistry. 995;41:1819-28.
- Bogdanovska NV, Kotsuruba AV, Malikov MV. Features of metabolism of arginine and nitric oxide synthesis in young men during adaptation to physical stress during training and competitive periods Fiziol Zh. 2011;57, 1:45-54 [Ukrainian]. CrossRef
- Sojitra B, Bulani Y, Putcha UK, Kanwal A, Gupta P, Kuncha M, Banerjee SK. Nitric oxide synthase inhibition abrogates hydrogen sulfide-induced cardioprotection in mice. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;360:61-9.
- Green D, Maiorana A, Driscoll G, Taylor R. Effect of exercise training on endothelium-derived nitric oxide function in humans J. Physiol. 2004; 561(1):1-25.
- Rakhmanov RS, Troshin VV, Blinova TV, Strakhova LA. Correction of immunodeficiency States and antioxidative status during strenuous exercises products with a high content of biologically active substances. Med Almanac. 2012;3:156-8 [Russian].