EVALUATION OF THE FUNCTIONAL STATE OF LIVER AND THE EFFICIENCY OF THERAPY FOR ENTEROPATHY OF CALVES
V.A. Gryshchenko1, T.M. Chernyshenko2, O.V. Gornitska2, T.M. Platonova2
- National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of
- O.V. Palladin Institute of Biochemistry of the National
Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv
Comprehensive study of hepatospecific biochemical blood
markers and haemostatic system in calves which recovered
from gastrointestinal pathology at age 2–7 days, was conducted.
Implementation of a complex of tests for evaluation
of the liver’s functional state and the efficiency of therapeutic
regimens shown that the experimental animals compared
to control at the 30th day of life demonstrated significantly
increased conjugated bilirubin concentration (1.6 times),
aspartate- and alanin aminotransferase activity (1.2 times),
gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (1.5 times) and alkaline
phosphatase (1.4 times), and content of soluble fibrin monomer
complexes (4 times). Such deviation from the norm of the
mentioned parameters of liver’s functional state suggests the
need to monitor the liver state even 3 weeks after their clinical
health is confirmed. To prevent the development of secondary
hepatopathology it is recommended to conduct further medical
correction of the functional state of the liver. It is found that to
stimulate recovery of liver function in case of toxic dyspepsia
in newborn calves, it is advisable to implement a phospholipid
containing supplement «FLP-MD» as a measure of reparative
therapy till the animals are 30 days of life to ensure successful
establishing of studied parameters.
hepatospecific biochemical blood markers; hemostatic system; newborn calves; liver; toxic dyspepsia; rehabilitation; therapeutic regimens; BAS «FLP-MD».
- Melnychuk DO, Gryshchenko VA.The role of acid-base status and the milk phospholipids in formation of colostral immunity of newborn calves: edited by D.O. Melnychuk. Kyiv: CP "Komprint": 2015. [Ukrainian].
- Ljubetska TV. Specific of metabolic adaptation calves of early postnatal period and correction disturbances [avtoreferation]. Kyiv: National Agrarian University; 2000. [Ukrainian].
- Gryshchenko VA. Theoretical and applied aspects of application of reparative therapy on the basis of milk phospholipids at calves enteropathology. Kyiv: Vydavn. centr NAU: 2008. [Ukrainian].
- Khomych VT, Gryshchenko VA. The effective influence of phospholipidcontaining bioactive substances on the ultrastructural changes in hepatocytes of calves, which had been ill with dyspepsia during the reabilitation period. Mess Dnepr NAU. 2005;(1):82-5. [Ukrainian].
- Levchenko VI, Zajarnjuk VP, Panchenko VI. Gastrointestinal deseasea of newborn calves. Voronezh: Izdat VGU: 1985. [Ukrainian].
- Gryshchenko VA, Lytvynenko ON. Peculiarities of the bilious asid spectrum of bile and duodenal content in mice at medicamentous hepatitis and use of correction therapy. Ukr Biokhim J. 2007;79(4):97-101. [Ukrainian].
- Volkov GL, Platonova NN, Savchuk AN, Gornitskaya OV, Krasnobryzhaya EN, Chernyshenko TM. Modern conception of hemostasis system. Kyiv: Naukova dumka: 2005. [Russian].
- Lugovskoi EV, Makogonenko YM, Komisarenko SV. Molecular mechanisms of formation and degradation of fibrin. Kyiv: Naukova dumka: 2013. [Ukrainian].
- Hoffman R, Benz EJ, Shattil SJ. Hematology: basic and practice. New York: Churchill Livingstone: 1995.
- Hryschenko VA, Tomchuk VA, Lytvynenko ON, Chernyshenko VO, Gryschuk VI, Platonova TM. An estimate of protein synthesis in liver under induced hepatitis. Ukr Biokhim J. 2011;83(1):63-8. [Ukrainian].
- Melnychuk DO, Gryshchenko VA, Lytvynenko OM. Veterinary bioactive addidition of liposomal form and method of reparative therapy in hepatology. Ukraine patent UA 200710252. 2009 Apr 27. [Ukrainian].
- Melnychuk DO, Tomchuk VA, Yanchuk PI, Gryshchenko VA, Reshetnyk EM, Synelnyk TB, Capenko PK, Kartyfuzova ZhV, Govorukha TM, Makarchuk MYu, Veselskyj SP. Research methods of liver and biliar system functional state. Kyiv: NUBiP Ukraine 2015: [Ukrainian].
- Dolgov VV, Svirin PV. Laboratory diagnostic of haemostasis disturbances. Tver: Izdat. "Triada": 2005. [Russia].
- Sokolovska A, Platonova T, Grinenko T, Chernyshenko T, Ivanenko T. Comparative characterization of the methods of determination of fibrinogen content in blood plasma. Exp Clin Physiol Biochem. 2002;(3):82-6. [Ukrainian].
- Varetskaya TV, Mikhalovskaya LI, Svitalskaya LA, Yena YM. Blood plasma soluble fibrin determination. Klin Labor Diagn. 1992;(7/8):10-4. [Russian].
- Korolova DS, Vinogradova RP, Chernishenko TM, Platonova TN, Volkov GL. Using the ecamulin – prothrombin activator from venom of Echis multisquamatus in clinical laboratory diagnostics. Lab. Diagn. 2006;3(37):18-22. [Russian].
- Platonova TM, Gornitska OV, Chernyshenko TM, Gryshchuk VI, Chernyshenko VO, Lugovskoi EV. Clinical significance of the determination of protein C level in diagnostics. Lab Diagn. 2013;3(65):3-7. [Russian].
- Kucherenko ME, Babenjuk YuD, Voitsytskyj VM. Modern methods of biochemical researches. Kyiv: Fitosociocentr: 2001. [Ukrainian].
- Gryshchenko VA. Biochemical and clinical explanations for application of milk phospholipids based remedy for reparative therapy of calves enteropathology [avtoreferation]. Kyiv: National Agrarian University; 2006. [Ukrainian].
- Gryshchenko VA, Tomchuk VA. І Immunomodulatory properties of liposomes based phospholipids milk with immunodeficiencies of animals. Nauk Vysnyk NUBiP Ukr. 2013; 188:4:107-15. [Ukrainian].
- Gryshchenko VA, Tomchuk VA, Lytvynenko OM, Chernyshenko VO, Platonova TM. Diagnostics and correction of coagulation disorders during the drug-induced hepatitis. Lab Diagn. 2010; 3(53):20-4. [Ukrainian].