Polymorphism Pro12→Ala of the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors gamma gene effect on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant defense in patients with type 2 diabetes
V.Y. Mokrii, S.V. Ziablytsev
O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv, Ukraine
In this research, we discover effect of polymorphism rs1801282 of the PPARG gene on the formation oxidative
stress in patients with type 2 diabetes, depending on the duration of the disease: till 5 years, 5-10 years and
more than 10 years. Activity of lipid peroxidation was assess in terms of diene conjugates (DC) and malonic
dealdehid (MDA) and antioxidant system status - the activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase and
the level of α-tocopherol (α-TF). Molecular genetic studies conducted by the method of polymerase chain
reaction (PCR) in real time. During disease 5-10 years, found increase levels of DC and MDA in patients
with polymorphism Pro12→Ala for 34.9 and 34.7%, in compared with Pro12→Pro (P=0.01). Availability
Pro12→Pro stipulated reduction of catalase activity during disease 5-10 years at 75% (P=0.001), and for
those, who are ill for more than 10 years at 2,04 times (P=0.01), which is not different from the reference
level (F=1.19; P=0.600), but in the case Pro12→Ala, this figure was in 2 times higher. The main conclusion
is that the type Pro12→Ala of polymorphism rs1801282 of the PPARG gene causes the development
of oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes with 5-10 years durations, and Pro12→Pro - deficiency
the enzyme catalase level of antioxidant system in patients with durations of disease more than 5 years.
polymorphism Pro12→Ala of the PPARG gene; rs1801282; type 2 diabetes; oxidative stress
- Pankiv VI. Ways of improving tactics to assist people with diabetes in an outpatient setting (pharmacological approach). H Ukr XXI Cent Med Newsp. 2015;№1:23-4. [Ukrainian].
- Zhurakivska OY, Titik VV, Zhurakivska VM, Pertsovich VM. The role of processes of lipid peroxidation in diabetic microangiopathies. Ach Clin Exp Med. 2014;№12: 232. [Ukrainian].
- Sorokina YA, Lovtsova LV. Odds of oxidative stress as a way of personification of pharmacotherapy in the debut of type 2 diabetes. Univ Med Farm J. 2015; №1: URL: http://7universum.com/ru/med/archive/item/1868. [Russian].
Bandeira SM, Guedes GS, da Fonseca LJ et al. Characterization of blood oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients: increase in lipid peroxidation and SOD activity. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012:URL: http: //www. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509371/pdf/
- Bondar IA. Association of polymorphic markers TCF7L2 rs7903146 gene and rs1801282 PPARG gene [Pro12Ala] with type 2 diabetes in the Novosibirsk region. Diab Mel. 2013;№4:17-22. [Russian].
- Zyablitsev SV, Mokriy VY. Association 12Pro allele of polymorphism rs1801282 of the PPAR gene with type 2 diabetes. Clin Endocr Endocr Surg. 2016;№3(55):34-8. [Ukrainian].
- Liu L, Zheng T, Wang F, Wang N, Song Y, Li M, L Li, Jiang J, Zhao W. Pro12Ala polymorphism in the PPARG gene contributes to the development of diabetic nephropathy in Chinese type 2 diabetic patients. Diab Care. 2010;33:144-9.
- Ivanova EA, Parolari A, Myasoedova V, Melnichenko AA, Bobryshev YV, Orekhov AN. Peroxisome proliferatoractivated receptor [PPAR] gamma in cardiovascular disorders and cardiovascular surgery. J Cardiol. 2015; 66(4):271-8. [Russian].
- Chia-Ter Chao, Yen-Ching Chen, Chih-Kang Chiang, JenqWen Huang, Cheng-Chung Fang, Chen-Chih Chang, and Chung-Jen Yen. Interplay between Superoxide Dismutase, Glutathione Peroxidase, and Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor Gamma Polymorphisms on the Risk of End-Stage Renal Disease among Han Chinese Patients. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2016:ID 8516748.
- Ziablytsev SV, Mokrii VY, Crystal MV. The value of polymorphism Rro12Ala gene PPARG in violation of lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Ed, Health and Sport. 2016;6(9):626-36.