CHANGING OF ISCHEMIC M. SOLEUS TETANIC CONTRACTION PARAMETERS IN RATS WITH CHRONIC ALCOHOL INTOXICATION
O.A Melnychuk, О.P. Motuziuk , S.Ye. Shvayko
Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University
This article deals with the changes of isolated ischemic
m. soleus tetanus parameters in rats with chronic alcohol
intoxication. The experiments were carried out on 15 male
Wistar rats that were divided into three groups for 5 animals in
each: group І (control) and two groups in which was induced
hind limbs acute muscles ischemia: group ІІ ‒ rats without
alcoholic intoxication, group ІІІ ‒ rats with chronic alcoholic
intoxication. Strain measurement muscle mechanical activity
were conducted in isometric mode under conditions of direct
electrical muscular preparation stimulation. It is proved that
ischemic m. soleus tetanic force in rats with chronic alcoholic
intoxication in comparison with rats without alcoholic intoxication
does not significant changes. But signifycantly increases
the reaching tetanus peak time. It is shown that in rats without
alcoholic intoxication and with chronic alcoholic intoxication
in comparison with intact animals, significantly decreases
the duration of ischemic m. soleus stabile force level. It is
shoved significant changes of individual muscles contraction
time course of ischemic m. soleus tetanus in this rats group
in comparison to intact animal. It is shown that these changes
influence on successive muscular contraction efficiency of
frequency summation in ischemic m. soleus tetanus and their
m. soleus; ischemia; alcohol intoxication; tetanic force; contractile characteristics.
- nter-society consensus for the management of peripheral arterial disease (TASC II). Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2007; 33(1): 1-75.
- Sotoudeh A, Takhtfooladi MA, Jahanshahi A, Asl AH, Takhtfooladi HA, Khansari M. Effect of N-acetylcysteine on lung injury induced by skeletal muscle ischemiareperfusion. Histopathlogical study in rat model. Acta Cir Bras. 2012; 27(2):168-71.
- Malinoski DJ, Slater MS, Mullins RJ. Crush injury and rhabdomyolysis. Crit Care Clin. 2004; 20(1):171-92.
- Odinsson A, Finsen V. Tourniquet use and its complications in Norway. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88(8):1090-92.
- Preedy VR, Salisbury JR, Peters TJ. Alcoholic muscle disease: features and mechanisms. J Pathol. 1994 ; 173(4): 309-15.
- Preedy VR, Peters TJ, Adachi J, Ahmed S, Mantle D, Niemela O, Parkkila S and Worrall S. Pathogenic mechanisms in alcoholic myopathy. In: Alcohol in Health and Disease. International Titisee Symposium on Health Effects of Alcohol Intake; 1999 Dec 09-12; Titisee Germany; 2001. r. 243-59.
- Khalilov MH, Zakihordzhaev ShYa. The characterization of some pathochemical shifts in blood, liver and brain in experimental alcohol intoxication. Questions alcoholism clinic: collection of scientific papers. Tashkent; 1983. p. 38-41. [Russian].
- Yanovskiy II, Uzhako PV. Physiology of man and animals. Practical work: Training Handbook. - K.: High. School., 1991 ‒ 75 p. [Ukrainian].
- Celichowski J, Bichler E. The time course of the last contractions during incompletely fused tetani of motor units in rat skeletal muscle. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2002; 62(1): 7-17.
- Corsi A, Granata AL. Effect of activity on performance and morphology in ischemic rat slow muscles. J Exp Biol. 1990; 152: 265-79.
- Celichowski J. Motor units of medial gastrocnemius muscle in the rat during the fatigue test. I. Time course of unfused tetanus. Acta Neurobiol Exp. 1992. 52(1): 17-21.
- Purves D, Augustine GJ, Fitzpatrick D, et al., editors. Neuroscience. 2-nd edition. Sunderland (MA): Sinauer Associates; 2001. [Internet]. The Regulatіon of Muscle Force. Available from: http: . www. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ books/NBK11021/
- Desanka T, Dimov I. Muscle fiber types and muscle morphometry in the soleus muscle of the rat. Facta Universitatis. 2007; 14(3): 121-27.
- Turóczi Z, Arányi P, Lukáts Á, Garbaisz D, Lotz G, Harsányi L, Szijártó A. Muscle fiber viability, a novel method for the fast detection of ischemic muscle injury in rats. PLoS ONE. 2014; 9(1): e84783.
- Slavin G, Martin F, Ward P, Levi J, Peters T. Chronic alcohol excess is associated with selective but reversible injury to type 2B muscle fibres. J Clin Pathol. 1983; 36(7): 772-77.
- Nicolas JM, Garcia G, Fatjo F. et al. Influence of nutritional status on alcohollic myopathy. Am J Clin Nutrition. 2003;78(2): 326-33.
- Reilly ME, McKoy G, Mantle D, Peters TJ, Goldspink G, Preedy VR. Protein and mRNA levels of the myosin heavy chain isoforms I beta, IIa, IIx and IIb in type I and type II fibre-predominant rat skeletal muscles in response to chronic alcohol feeding. J Myscle Res Cell M; 21(8): 763-73.
- Melnychuk OA, Motuzіuk OP, Shvayko SYe, Homa OM. Musculus gastrocnemius tetanus kinetics in alcohol-intoxicated rats with experimentally-induced hind-limb vascular ischemia under conditions of low-frequence muscle fatigue. Vìsn Dnìpropetr Unìv. Ser Bìol Ekol. 2014; 22(1), 8-18. [Ukrainian].
- Oba T, Koshita M, Yamaguchi M. Ethanol enhances caffeine-induced Ca2+ - release channel activation in skeletal muscle sarcoplasmic reticulum. Am J Physiol. 1997; 272(2 Pt 1): 622-27.
- Kiessling K-H, Pilstrom L, Karlsson J, Piehl K. Mitochondrial volume in skeletal muscle from young and old physically retrained and trained healthy men and from alcoholics. Clin Sc. 1973; 44(6):R. 547-54.
- Tupling R, Green H, Senisterra G, Lepock J, McKee N. Effects of іschemia on sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) uptake and Ca(2+) release in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 281(2): 224-32.
- Eliason JL, Wakefield TW. Metabolic consequences of acute limb ischemia and their clinical implications. Semin Vasc Surg. 2009; 22 (1): 29-33