THE CONTENT OF LIPIDS AND PRODUCTS OF THEIR PEROXIDATION OF RAT THYMOCYTES IN EXPERIMENTAL ULCEROGENESIS
V.A. Kovaleva, D.V. Shelest, L.I. Ostapchenko
Educational and Scientific Centre Institute of Biology Taras
Shevchenko Kyiv National University
The work is dedicated to the research of the content of lipids
and products of their peroxidation in rats thymocytes in experimental
ulceration. It was found significant increase of the
content of lipid peroxidation products diene conjugates (DC),
malondialdehyde (MDA), schiff base (SB) in experimental
models of gastric ulcers (ethanol and stress). It was established
that under ethanol gastric the contents of DC increases by 1.8
times, MDA by 2.1 and SB by 1.3 times relative to control
values. Under stress model it was observed an increase in the
number of DC by 2 times, MDA by 1.9 and SB by 1.3 times
relative to control. When ethanol and stress ulcers cholesterol
increased by 1.7 and 1.5 times, triacylglycerol by 2 and 2.3
times and fatty acids by 2.2 and 1.9 times, respectively, relative
to controls. Phosphatidylethanolamine content decreases by
1.5 and 1.3 times compared to control. Also, the stress model,
it was observed reduction of phosphatidylinositol by 1.3 times
and increased lizofosfatydylholinu by 1.7 times compared to
control. Therefore, our studies indicate quantitative changes of
lipid content (neutral- and phospholipids) in rats’ thymocytes
under experimental (ethanol and stress) ulceration. The reason
of this changes may be activation of lipid peroxidation, as
shown by the increase of lipid peroxidation products’ (DK,
MDA, SB) content.
peptic ulcer; thymocytes; lipid peroxidation products; neutrallipids and phospholipids
- Vasylenko VKh, Hrebenev AL, Sheptulyn AA. Ulcer desease. M.: Medicine:1987. [Russian].
- Smyrnov IuV, Oslopov VN, Bylych YL. Epidemiological aspects of the combination of hypertension and ulcer desease. Ter arkh. 1990;2:48-50. [Russian].
- Saenko VF, Homoliako YV, Buryi AN. Features of associated with Helicobacter pylori infection stomach and duodenum diseases' diagnosis and treatment in the surgical clinic. Klinichna khirurhiia. 2001;6:14-18. [Ukrainian].
- Shetty R, Kumar KV, Naidu MUR, Ratnakar KS. Effect of Gingko biloba extract on ethanol-induced gastric mucosal lesions in rats. Indian J. of Pharmacology. 2000;32(6):313-317.
- Royt A, Brostoff D, Meyl D. Immunology. M.: Mir; 2000. [Russian].
- Zapadniuk YP, Zapadniuk VY, Zakharyia EA, Zapadniuk BV. Laboratory animals. Breeding, keeping, using in experiment. K.: Vyshcha shkola:1983. [Russian].
- Academician, prof. RAMN Yvashkyn VT, prof. Rapoport SY, editors. Gastroenterology directory of practical doc tor. M.: Sov. sport; 1999. [Russian].
- Groysman SD, Karevina TG. About the effect of atropine on the stressor gastric mucosal lesions in rats Bibl. Ukaz. VINITI. Dep. Rukopisi. 1979;12:131. [Russian].
- Orehovich VI. Modern methods in biochemistry. M.: Medicine; 1977. [Russian].
- Gavrilov VP, Gavrilova AR, Mayorova IG. Methodology for determination of malondialdehyde in blood serum. Vopr.med.himii. 1987; 1: 118-22. [Russian].
- Kates M. Techniques of lipidology, isolation, analysis and identification of lipids. Laboratory Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Amsterdam, NY: North-Holland Pub. Co.American Elsevier. 1972;269–610.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL, Randal RI. Protein measurement with Folin phenol reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 1951;193(1):265-75.
- Tarasov NI, Teplyakov AT, Malahovich EV and other. State of lipid peroxidation and antioxidant defense in blood of patients with myocardial infarction, burdened by circulatory failure. Ter arkh. 2002;12:12-5. [Russian].
- Kurashvili LV, Kosoy GA, Zaharova IR. Modern notion of lipid peroxidation and antioxidant system in pathological states. Metodicheskoe posobie. Penza: Ins-t usoversh. vrachey MZ RF; 2003. [Russian].
- Boldyirev AA. Problems of endogenous lipid peroxidation products' analysis. Itogi nauki i tehniki.1986; 5:134. [Russian].
- Mori T, Asano T, Matsui T, Muramatsu H. Intraluminal increase of superoxide anion follow transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Brain Res. 1999; 2:350-7.
- Zozulya YuA,Baraboy VA, Sutkovoy DA, editors. Oxidation-antioxidant homeostasis in norm and pathology. Kiev: Nauk. Dumka; 1997. [Russian].
- Zhuravlev AI. Development of BN Tarusov's ideas about the role of chain processes in biology. Bioantioxidants and regulation of metabolism in norm and pathology. M.: Nauka: 1982. [Russian].
- Elliot V, Elliot D. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. M.: Nauka; 2002. 446 p. [Russian].
- Tsimmerman YaS. Essays of Clinical Gastroenterology. Perm.; 1992. 56-60. [Russian].