Genotoxic stress and the pathways of thymus cell death and lymph nodes of mice in conditions of immunocomplex pathology
N.G. Grushka, S.I. Pavlovych, T.M. Bryzgina, V.S. Sukhina, N.V. Makogon, R.I Yanchiy
O.O. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv
There were performed the studies of genotoxic stress and the
ways of immunocompetent cells death (apoptosis and necrosis
) in the modeling of immune system damage by immunization
of CBA mice with the bovine serum albumin. Immunofluorescence
studies of immunized mice were established the fixation
of immune complexes in liver tissue, spleen, kidney and the
aorta. Histological studies of these organs showed vascular
system affection and, to a lesser extent, parenchyma. It has
been shown that DNA comets index increases in 1,4 time in
the lymph node cells and in 1,5 time in the thymus cells in
the presence of BSA immunization. We also observed an
increase in the number of cells with maximum damage DNA
thymus preparations ( 3.4 fold ) and lymph nodes ( 3.3-fold),
respectively , indicating strong genotoxic stress. There were
shown the reduce of live ICC number and their death increase,
including the pro-inflammatory and immunogenic necrotic
way. In that way, data which were obtained on the experimental
model is evidenced that generalized immunecomplex
pathologic process leads to DNA damage and ICC death both
central and peripheral organs of the immune system. ICC genotoxic
stress and their death amplification by the necrotic way
may play a significant role in the immunecomplex deseases
development. These factors of peripheral blood lymphocytes
can serve as a prospective test system for assessing the severity
of autoimmune and immune complex diseases and their treatment
DNA damage; apoptosis; necrosis; lymphocytes; immunocomplex pathology.
- Vladimirskaya EB. Mechanisms apoptotycheskoy hybelycells. Hematol. and transfuzyolohyya. 2002; 42 (2): 35-40.
- Festjens N, Vanden Berghe T, Vandenabeele P. Necrosis,a well-orchestrated form of cell demise: signallingcascades, important mediators and concomitant immuneresponse. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Sep-Oct;1757(9-10):1371-87.
- Chopyak V, Valchuk IV, Hayduchok IG. Hiperimunokompleksnyy syndrome in experiment and clinic. Bulletin. sciences. research. 2007; 1. 5-8.
- Jancar S, Sánchez Crespo M. Immune complex-mediatedtissue injury: a multistep paradigm. Trends Immunol. 2005 Jan;26(1):48-55.
- Shmagel KV, Chereshnev VA. Molecular bases ofimmune complex pathology. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2009May;74(5):469-79.
- Afanasieva K, Zazhytska M, Sivolob A. Kinetics of cometformation in single-cell gel electrophoresis: Loops and fragments . Electrophoresis. 2010; 31: 512-19.
- Heaton PR, Ransley R, Charlton CJ, Mann SJ, StevensonJ, Smith BH, Rawlings JM, Harper EJ. Application ofsingle-cell gel electrophoresis (comet) assay for assessinglevels of DNA damage in canine and feline leukocytes. J Nutr. 2002 Jun;132(6 Suppl 2):1598-1603.
- Kaminskyy V O , Lutsik MD, Stoika RS. Comet assayof dna fragmentation: modification of silver stainingfor obtaining permanent preparations. Ukrainian Biochemical Journal. 2005; 77( 6): 105-7.
- Sorochinska J, Mikhailenko V. Application of the cometassay for the DNA damage assessment caused by differentinveronmental agents. Oncology. 2008; 10 (3): 303-8.
- Collins AR. The comet assay for DNA damage and repair:principles, applications, and limitations. Mol Biotechnol. 2004 Mar;26(3):249-61.
- Shimizu S, Eguchi Y, Kamiike W, Akao Y, Kosaka H,Hasegawa J, Matsuda H, Tsujimoto Y. Involvementof ICE family proteases in apoptosis induced byreoxygenation of hypoxic hepatocytes. Am J Phisiol. 1996; 271 (6). 949-58.
- Bryzgina TM, Makogon NV, Alexyuk LI, Martynova TV,Pavlovych SI, Sukhina VS, Yanchiy RI, Alexeyeva IM.The pathways and mechanisms of immune cell death inthe time course of experimental immune-mediated liverinjury. Pathologia. 2011; 8(2): 108–10.
- Pavlovych SI, Lytvynenko AP, Makogon NV, MartynovaTV, Bryzgina TM, Yanchiy RI, Cukhina VS, ShepelOA, Voznesenska TYu, Blashkiv TV, Getmanets AV.Immunomorphological characterization of mouse modelof a systemic immune complexes mediated pathology. Reports of morphology. 2014; 8 (2):496-500.
- Eidus LKh. Extrapolation of dose-effect relationships forcytogenetic aberrations from high to low doses. Radiats Biol Radioecol. 1999 Jan-Feb;39(1):177-80.
- Eidus LKh. On the mechanism of the nonspecific cellresponse to the action of damaging agents and the natureof hormesis. Biofizika. 2005 Jul-Aug;50(4):693-703.
- Grecchi S, Mazzini G, Lisa A, Armentero MT, BergamaschiR, Romani A, Blandini F, Di Perri C, Scovassi AI.Search for cellular stress biomarkers in lymphocytesfrom patients with multiple sclerosis: a pilot study. PLoSOne. 2012; 7(11).