REACTION OF FIBROBLAST-LIKE BLOOD CELLS TO A LOW PARTIAL OXYGEN PRESSURE
L.N. Plotnikova, V.A. Berezovskiі
O.O.Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
We investigated the effect of a low partial oxygen pressure
(Pо2) on the proliferation and alkaline phosphatase activity
of human fibroblast-like cells line 4BL, isolated from blood.
The cells incubation for 3 days (8 hours daily) at the level of
Pо2 38 and 76 mm Hg stimulates the proliferative potential of
their by 27 and 45% respectively, compared to the control. It
was shown a reduction in the activity of alkaline phosphatase
(a marker of bone formation) by 25% while reducing Pо2. Our
data suggest inhibition of osteogenic differentiation of cells
line 4BL when the oxygen concentration in the gas atmosphere
of 5 and 10% O2 compared with control (21% O2).
fibroblast-like cells, oxygen partial pressure,proliferation, differentiation.
- Suzdaltsev YG, Burunova VV, Vakhrouchev IV, Yarygin VN, Yarygin KN. Comparison ability to differentiate into mesenchymal tissue of mesodermal cells of human origin isolated from a variety of sources. Cell techniques in biology and medicine. 2007; 1: 3–10.
- Diaz-Prado S., Muinos-Lopez E., Hermida-Gomez T. et al. Multilineage differentiation potential of cells isolated from the human amniotic membrane. J. Cell Biochem.2010; 111 (4): 846–57.
- Hegyi B., Sagi1 B., Kovacs J. Identical, similar or different? Learning about immunomodulatory function of mesenchymal stem cells isolated from various mouse tissues: bone marrow, spleen, thymus and aorta wall. Int.Immunology. 2010; 22 (7): 551–59.
- Maddalena S, Elsa V, Lucia G, Fausto Z, Marco D, Alberto A, Georg S, Ornella P. Isolation and characterization of mesenchymal cells from human fetal membranes. J. Tissue Eng. Regen. Med. 2007; 1 (4): 296–305.
- Kiseleva EV, Chermnykh ES, Vorotelyak EA, Volozhin AI, Vasiliev AV, Terskikh VV. Somparison of fibroblasts-like cell differentiation capacities of human bone marrow, adipose tissue, hair papilla and dermal fibroblasts. Sytology. 2009; 51 (1): 12–19.
- Astakhova V, Berezovskii V, Panchenko L, Khasabova I. The stromal cells of human bone-marrow cloning by of low partial oxygen pressure. Fiziologichnyj Zhurnal. 2001; 47 (1): 40–44.
- Astakhova V. Osteogenic cell precursors from human bone marrow. Kiev: Phoenix. 2000: 176 p.
- Buravkova L, Valyushkina M, Andreeva E, Loginov V. Reparative osteogenesis transplantation multipotent bone marrow stromal cells, culturing at a different oxygen tension. Morphology. 2011; 139 (1): 81–85.
- Valyushkina M, Buravkova L. Effect of O2 in the medium on multipotent mesenchymal progenitor cells from bone marrow of different ages rats. Medical Academic Journal.2012; 12 (3): 57–59.
- Ren H, Cao Y, Zhao Q, Li J, Zhou C, Liao L, Jia M, Zhao Q, Cai H, Han ZC, Yang R, Chen G, Zhao RC. Proliferation and differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells under hypoxic conditions. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun.2006; 347: 12–21.
- Lukash L, Yatsishina A, Kushniruk V, Pidpala O. Reprogramming of somatic cells in the adult human in vitro. Factors experimental evolution of organisms. 2011; 11: 493–98.
- Kushniruk VA, Kochubej TP, Matsevych LL, Ruban TP, Lukash LL. Research karyotype new line of human cells 4BL6 prolonged cultivation in vitro. Factors experimental evolution of organisms. 2012; 3: 313–18.
- Adams R. Methods of cell culture for biochemists.Moscow: Mir. 1983: 264 p.
- Pinaeva G. Methods of cell culturing. Collection of Scientific Papers. Leningrad: Nauka. 1988: 287 p.
- Burnaevsky NS, Vishnyakova KhS, Safenina AV, Rybalko DV, Popov KV, Egorov EE. Effects of oxygen partial pressure on the efficacy of colony formation and differention of human mesenchymal stromal cells derived from different sources. Cell transplantation and tissue engineering. 2010; 5 (4): 24–30.
- Panyuhin NV, Vishnjakova HS, Egorov EE. Influence oxygen partial pressure on the survival, proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from mouse bone marrow. Viological membranes. 2008; 25 (5): 352–59.
- Zhambalova AP, Gershovich YuG, Buravkova LB, Gal'chuk SV, Romanov YuA. Effects of low oxygen levels on differentiation of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells of human bone marrow in vitro. Cell transplantation and tissue engineering. 2009; 4 (3): 47–51.
- Semenza G.L. HIF-1 and human disease: one highly involved factor. Genes Dev. 2000; 14: 1983–91.
- Rylova YuV, Buravkova LB. Long-term expansion of multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells under reduced oxygen tension. Cytology. 2013; 55 (12): 852–60.
- Plotnikova LN, Berezovsky VA, Ruban TA, Lukash LL, Yanko RV. The proliferation intensity of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells in the modified gas medium. Ukrainian morphological almanac. 2013; 11(1): 120–123.
- Guzy RD, Schumacker PT. Oxygen sensing by mitochondria at complex III: the paradox of increased reactive oxygen species during hypoxia. Exp Physiol. 2006; 91 (5): 807–19.
- Holzwarth1 C, Vaegler1 M, Gieseke1 F, Pfister S, Handgretinger1 R, Kerst G, Muller I. Low physiologic oxygen tensions reduce proliferation and differentiation of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells. BMC Cell Biology. 2010; 11: 1–11.
- Lin Q, Kim Y, Alarcon R, Yun Z. Oxygen and Cell Fate Decisions. Gene Regulation and Systems Biology. 2008; 2: 43–51.
- D'Ippolito G, Diabira S, Howard GA, Roos BA, Schiller PC. Low oxygen tension inhibits osteogenic differentiation and enhances stemness of human MIAMI cells. Bone. 2006; 39 (3): 513–22.
- Buravkova LB, Grinakovskaya OS, Andreeva ER, Zhambalova AP, Kozionova MP. Characteristics of human lipoaspirate-isolated mesenchymal stromal cells cultivated under a lower oxygen tension. Sytology. 2009; 51 (1): 5–11.