Peculiarities of hormonal metabolic changes in adult male rats under effect of emotional stress induced at a time of newborn suckling
SI “V.Danilevsky Institute of Endocrine Pathology Problemsof the NAMS of Ukraine”, Kharkiv, Ukraine
The peculiarities of protein, lipid metabolism and sexual hormones
concentration in adult male rats due to the impact of
emotional stress in period of milk feeding have been studied. It
has been revealed that stress in this period functions according
to imprinting type that result in feminization of the parameters
of sexual hormones contents and metabolic processes, which
shows gender features in normal animals and their parameters
similar to intact females. The concentrations of testosterone
(6,78±0,44 nmol/L), triglycerides (2,0±0,04 mmol/L),
total protein (150,30±3,8 mg/mL) in serum of stressed
males were similar to intact females – 5,6±0,30 nmol/L;
2,1±0,1 mmol/L; 160,91±5,1 mg/mL respectively. The liver
concentration of testosterone (1,06±0,01 nmol/L), total protein
(261,30±6,33 mg/mL), activity of alanineaminotransferase
(1,08±0,05 mmol/hour per mg protein) of stressed male also did
not differ from those of females indicators – 1,09±0,05 nmol/L;
253,73±5,15 mg/mL; 1,05±0,03 mmol/hour per mg protein,
respectively. The changes of arginine amino acid distribution
in blood and liver as well as significant increase of nitric
oxide level. Thus, in intact males concentration of nitric
oxide in the serum was 0,14±0,01 mmol/L, in stressed males
– 0,61±0,01 mmol/L. Thus, in adult male rats, due to the action
of stress in the during dairy feeding, shifting the concent
of the sex hormones, substantial violation of protein and lipid
metabolism. Also different from phesiological content of arginine
amino acid, which are antyoxidation, and increase in the
concentration of nitric oxide (free radical), which in turn is a
sign of chronic oxidative stress and damage to the foundation
of vascular tone, which may be the initiating step in the the
pathogenesis of male infertility.
emotional stress, period of dairy feeding, proteinmetabolism, lipid metabolism, sex hormones, adult males, rats.
- Chernykh V B Kurile L F, V. Polyakov A Y-chromosome, AZF-microdeletions and idiopathic male infertility. Reproduct. problems. 2001; 5: 35 ? 48.
- Reznikov A G, Pishak S, Nosenko N D, Tkachuk C C Myslitsky V F Prenatal stress and neuroendocrine pathology. Chernovtsy: Medical Academy; 2004.
- Tkachuk S S, Pishak V P, Myslytskyy V F Prenatal stress syndrome: manifestations and mechanisms of development. Bukovina. Med Gazette. 1999; 3 (2): 12 – 24.
- Stanley E L, Johnston D S, Fan J, Papadopoulos V, Chen H, Ge R. S, et al. Stem Leydig cell differentiation: gene expression during development of the adult rat population of Leydig cells. Biol Reprod. 2011 Dec; 85 (6): 1161-6. PubMed.
- Rosen V B, Mataradze G D, Smirnova O V, Smirnov A N Sexual differntsirovka of liver function. Moscow: Medicine; 1991.
- Justo R, Boada J, Frontera M, Oliver J, Bermudez J, Gianotti M Gender dimorphism in rat liver mitochondrial oxidative metabolism and biogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005 Aug; 289 (2):C372-8. PubMed.
- Zachow R, Uzumcu M. The hepatocyte growth factor system as a regulator of female and male gonadal function. J Endocrinol. 2007 Dec;195(3):359-71. PubMed.
- Haistad D D Oxidative stress and vascular disease : 2005 Duff Lecture. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2006; Apr; 26 (4): 689-95. PubMed.
- General ethical principles of animal experimentation. Endokrynology. 2003, 8 (1): 142–5.
- Moles A, Rizzi R, D'Amato F R. Postnatal stress in mice: does "stressing" the mother have the same effect as "stressing" the pups? Dev Psychobiol. 2004 May; 44 (4): 230-7. PubMed.
- Stefanov O V Preclinical studies of drugs. Kyiv: Avicenna; 2001.
- Lowry O, Rosebrough N, Farr A, Randall R J Protein in measurement with a folinphenol reagent. J Biol Chem. 1951 Nov;193 (1): 265-75. PubMed.
- Miller G. L. Protein determination for large numbers of samples. Anal Chem. 1959; 31: 964-6.
- Aleinikova T L, Rubtsova G V, Pavlova N A Guide to practical lessons Moscow: Medicine; 2000.
- Kotsyuruba A V Semykopna T V Victorov O P Method of quantitative determination nitrit anion in biological fluids. Pat. 31600 Ukraine, MPK A6G01N33/52. Bull. № 7, 2000 December 15.
- Atramentova L O, Utevska O M Statistical methods in biology: a schoolbook. Kharkov: Kharkov National University. V N Karazina; 2007.
- Karpenko N O, Somova O V, Koreneva Ye M, Chistyakova E Ye, Velichko N F and others. Hormonal changes in adult rats were stressed and / or phytoestrogenized during milk feeding. Endocrinology. 2011 ; 16 (1): 76?82.
- Cronenberg M, Melmed Sh, Polonsky K S, Larsen P R Endocrinology by Williams. Reproduction endocrinology. Moscow: Reed Elsyver; 2011.
- Dedov I I, Melnichenko G A, Fadeev V V. Endocrinology. Moscow: Medicine; 2000.
- Zhang H, Shu L, Cai X, Wang Z, Jiao X, Liu F, et al. Gender and age affect the levels of exhaled nitric oxide in healthy children. Exp Ther Med. 2013 Apr; 5 (4): 1174-8. PubMed; PubMedCentral.
- Mazhitova M.V., Teply D.D. Change antioxidant status and free radical processes in the blood of white rats after chronic exposure hydrogen sulfide gas. Math. Samara scientific. Ros. center. Acad. Sciences. 2010; 30: 1766 – 8.
- Neumann I D, Toschi N, Ohl F, Torner L, Kromer S A Maternal defense as an emotional stressor in female rats: correlation of neuroendocrine and behavioral parameters and involvement of brain oxytocin. Eur J Neurosci. 2001 Mar; 13 (5): 1016-24. PubMed.
- Neumann I. D., Torner L., Wigger A. Brain oxytocin: differential inhibition of neuroendocrine stress responses and anxiety-related behavior in virgin, pregnant and lactating rats. Neuroscience. 2000; 95(2): 567-75. PubMed
- Magdub A. H., Yohnson D., Belyea R. Z Effect of environmental heat and dietary fiber on thyroid physiology of lactating cows. J. Dairy Sci. 1982; Dec; 65(12): 2323-31. PubMed.
- Walker C.D., Deschamps S., Proulx K., Tu M., Salzman C., Woodside B.et al. Mother to infant to mother? Reciprocal regulation of responsiveness to stress in rodents and implications for humans J. Psychiatry. Neurosci. 2004 Sep; 29(5): 364-82. PubMedCentral.
- Rzayeva, L V, Ismailov Y B. Education level of growth hormone and prolactin in the pituitary gland and the secretion of milk by the action of neuroleptics. XIII Congress of the Sun Physiol. society of. Pavlova Alma Atayu. Abstracts of papers at symposia, 1979. Alma Atayu. 2010; 1: 384.
- Aliyev M G, Ragimova Sh. A, Guseykova L M Effect of prolactin deficiency in the milk of lactating rats on the formation of the Reproductive System. IV Sun conf. "The endocrine system of the body and environmental hazards", Sept. 15-19. 1991 Leningrad. 1991; 8.