Mechanisms of changes of microcirculation in rats under acute methemoglobinemia
Rozova KV, Sydoriak NH
- O.O. Bogomoletz Institute of Physiology, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bogdan Khmelnytsky Melitopol State Pedagogical University, Melitopol, Ukraine
It was investigated the features of microcirculation and mechanisms
it’s conditioned, under acute administration of sodium
nitrite in 5 mg of dry substance per 100 g of body weight. It
was shown that acute administration of sodium nitrite leads
to the development of methemoglobinemia, arterial and venous
hypoxemia, and severe tissue hypoxia. Increase in the
diffusion path O2 at methemoglobinemia is caused due to
significant hyperhydratation of lung air-blood barrier and its
individual layers, and is accompanied by a decrease in both
components of the diffusion capacity of the lungs for oxygen:
its membrane and blood components. It was revealed that the
administration of sodium nitrite has a double effect, leading
to inactivation of hemoglobin, as well as to microcirculatory
disturbances associated primarily with changes in the regulation
of vascular tone. In this initial perfusion per unit volume
of tissue per time unit intrinsic for the organism defines a set
of mechanisms which are responsible for changes in tissue
blood flow under methemoglobinemia.
sodium nitrite, methemoglobinemia, tissue hypoxia,the air-blood barrier of lung, diffusion capacity of thelungs for oxygen, microcirculation.
- Zhuravlea IA, Melentyeva IA, Vinogradov IA. Role of nitric oxide in cardiology and gastroenterology. Clin Med. 1997; (4): 18-21.
- Panichev KV, Serednyak VG, Korzhan MV. Poisoning in children by methemoglobin forming agents. Anesthesiol and Reanimatol. 2000; (1): 56-59.
- Dunn Robert J. Massive sulfalazine and paracetomol ingestion causing acidosis, hyperglycemia, coagulopathy and methemoglobinemia. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1998; 36 (3): 239-242.
- Azhipa JI, Reutov VP, Kayushin LP. Ecological and biomedical aspects of environmental pollution by nitrates and nitrites. Reports USSR Acad of Sci. 1990; 16 (3): 131-148.
- Volgina GV, Perepechenykh YV, Bykov BT. Risk factors for cardiovascular diseases in patients with chronic renal failure. Nephrol and Dialysis. 2000; (4): 252-258.
- Lanovenko II, Kotsyuruba AV, Gaschuk AP. Interaction of oxide O2 and blood oxygen transport during hemic hypoxia of hemic type. Reports of NAS of Ukraine. 2009; (8): 189 - 193.
- Mechanisms of development and compensation of hemic hypoxia / [ed. M.M.Seredenko]. Kiev: Naukova Dumka; 1987. 200 p.
- Rynn KO, Jahns BE. Acute myocardial infarction secondary to benzocaine induced methemoglobinemia. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1995; 33 (5): 166-170.
- Sidoryak NG. Features of blood oxygenation in rats during the development of acute methemoglobinemia of low severity. Bul LNU. 2009; (2): 109-117.
- Kozlov VI, Mag ES, Litvin FB, Sidorov VV. Method of laser Doppler flowmetry. Moscow: Medicina; 2001. 22 p.
- Krupatkin AI, Sidorov VV. Laser Doppler flowmetry of microcirculation. Moscow: Medicina; 2005. 254 p.
- Bollinger A, Hoffman UU, Franzeck UK. Evaluation of flux motion in man by the laser Doppler technique. Blood Vessels. 1997; 241 (5): 349-362.
- Ivanitskaya NF. Method of obtaining the various stages of hemic hypoxia in rats by administration of sodium nitrite. Pathophysiol and Experi Therapy. 1976; (3): 69-71.
- Kuszakowski MS. Clinical forms of hemoglobin damage. - Moscow: Medicina, 1968. 326 p.
- Kozlov VI, Sidorov VV. Investigation of blood flow oscillations in the microcirculation system : Proceedings of the II All-Russian Symposium «Application of laser Doppler flowmetry in medical practice.» - Moscow: W. p.; 1998: 8-14.
- Mayrovitz H, Groseclose E, Markov M, Pilla A. Effect of permanent magnet sonresting skin blood perfusion in healthy persons assessed by laser Doppler flowmetry and imaging. Bioelectromagnetics. 2001; (22): 494-502.
- Karupu VY. Electron microscopy. - Kiev: Vishcha Shkola; 1984. 208 p.
- Weekly B. Electron microscopy for beginners. Moscow: Mir; 1975. 326 p.
- Weibel ER. Human lung morphometry. Moscow: Medicina; 1970. 170.
- Seredenko MM, Rozova EV, Velikanov EB, Trizno NN. Morphofunctional characteristic of lung air-blood barrier in the rat during breathing by gas mixtures with a high content of hydrogen sulfide. Morphology. 1992; (5): 120-129.
- Seredenko MM, Pozharov VP, Rozova EV. About the correspondence of blood oxygenation in the lungs and mass transfer O2 through the air-blood barrier for the oxygen demand of the organism. Actual problems of modern physiology. Kiev: Naukova Dumka; 1986. P. 224-226.
- Seredenko MM, Rozova EV About the physiological role of structural and functional changes in the lung air-blood barrier in providing the organism with oxygen under the influence of extreme factors. IM Sechenov J Physiol. 1994; 80 (4): 52-59.
- Gurova OA, Litvin FB. Microcirculation in adolescents according to Doppler flowmetry. Bul of RUDN, series Medicine. 2000; (2): 100-103.
- Maynugin SV, Fomin AA, Krasavin VA. First experience in the use of the LDI technology when choosing the level of amputation in patients with critical ischemia. 2012: Mode of access to electronic resources: ghttp://www.aimago.ru/purulent_surgery.htm
- Abdullaeva SS, Yakusevych VV, Petrochenko AS, Tikhomirov IA, Oslyakova AA. Features of rheological and microcirculatory parameters in patients with severe chronic heart failure. Yaroslavl Ped J. 2012 (3), Volume III (Natural Sciences): 162-168.
- Folkow B. Description of myogemis hypothesis. Circ. Res. 1964; 14-15, Suppl 1: 1270 -1279.
- Zweifach B.W. Microcirculatory homeostasis (1930-1990): Insight into microcirculatory adjustments provided by studies on the Peripheral Circulatory Insufficiency of the Shock Syndrome. Microcirculation. 1995; 2 (1): 1-7.
- Reutov VP. Research of regulatory and toxic mechanisms of the influence of nitrite and NO-generating substances in biological systems: Abstr. dis. for scientific degree of doctor of biol. Sciences. Moscow; 2004. 79 p.